Monday 17 June 2024

Midi Skirts and Blazers

Dressing up my midi skirts for cooler autumn days and making them look a little more formal for work, just by adding a comfortable jersey blazer. While both these skirts and resulting outfits feel different, I really liked them both!


What I wore:





Earrings: Piper recycled metal turquoise tassel earring
Jacket: thrifted Valleygirl navy jersey blazer
Necklace: navy and silver circle pendant tassel necklace
Cami: thrifted no label chambray tie strap cami
Skirt: Kmart breeze green broderie anglaise midi skirt
Shoesthrifted white leather Chuck Taylor All Star Converse sneakers
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff 2012 sky grey mini MAC bag


Why I wore it:

This was a busy but fun day at work - we had a big team lunch to attend, so while it was cooler on the commute I knew we would be enjoying the sun outside at lunchtime at an outdoor restaurant. This outfit was perfect, I didn't feel too cold, although I did end up keeping my blazer on both at lunch and at my desk. I really liked the navy blazer with the green broderie midi skirt, and the lighter blues of the turquoise tassel necklace, chambray cami and sky grey Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC bag.

With the navy blazer and the turquoise tassel earrings, this navy circle and tassel necklace seemed like a fun bit of matchy-matchy, even if the silver hardware was different from the gold on the mini MAC bag, it tied in with the res of my outfit well and I'm never one to shy away from mixing metals!


Last worn: navy blazer, turquoise tassel earrings, navy tassel necklace, chambray cami, broderie midi skirt, white Converse, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC.

Other ways to wearnavy blazer and dress, chambray cami and jeans, broderie midi skirt in festive outfit, white Converse and dress, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC with orange.






What I wore:




JacketJeanswest grey jersey blazer
Necklace: thrifted flat peach statement bead necklace
TankCle The Label Amelia tank in indigo 
Skirt: thrifted ruffle hem leopard print midi skirt 
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
Bracelets: the usual
Bagthrifted Stella McCartney Falabella fold-over tote in midnight black


Why I wore it:

While this outfit didn't feel as coordinated as the one above, I still loved it! I was so pleased to show off to my stylish colleague that both my Stella McCartney Falabella bag and my leopard print skirt were from the opshop when she complimented them. Sadly she was only in Brisbane for a few days and didn't have time to shop, maybe next time she visits!

I'd planned to wear this grey blazer with the fun leopard print skirt and blue tank, but couldn't decide on a necklace that morning. In the end I went with this orange one for a pop of colour. With the neutral navy tank, grey blazer, black Stella McCartney Falabella bag and black Converse, I think an extra pop of colour was needed with this outfit, even though the skirt makes a statement on its own.

1 comment:

  1. That green skirt is so pretty! I love eyelet so anything like that really catches my eye!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...