Friday 15 September 2023

Red Denim With Blue Tees and Black Bags

Wearing more red denim again, with blue tops because I really like blue and red together! In both of these outfits I'm wearing two different toppers with the same print, just in different colourways.


What I wore:




Jacket: thrifted Cotton On maroon wanderlust floral border cover up
Necklace: thrifted pastel pink and wooden hexagon bead necklace
TankCle The Label Amelia tank in indigo 
Shorts: thrifted red denim shorts
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
Bracelets: the usual plus Mimco gunmetal twisted bracelet stack
Bagthrifted Rebecca Minkoff vintage Cupid satchel in dark navy blue


Why I wore it:

It's not the first time I've worn this purple printed cover up with red - it's a really reddish print with the burgundy and purple and peach and white together so I really like it with red! Seemed like such an obvious pairing with the red denim shorts. Both of the pieces, just like the Rebecca Minkoff Cupid bag and the pastel necklace, are thrifted finds.

This tank was a recent purchase this year - it's a great basic and a simple tank and denim shorts outfit was all I needed for a day with the school run, working from home, and then a quick errand after picking the kids up in the afternoon.


Last worn: floral border print cover up, blue tank, necklace, red denim shorts, bracelet stack, Converse, Rebecca Minkoff cupid bag.

Other ways to wearfloral border print cover up and denim skirt, blue tank and jeans, red denim shorts with black, Converse and maxi skirt, Rebecca Minkoff cupid bag and dress.

Perfect for pregnancyConverse in second trimester.





What I wore:




JacketCotton On Alana Wanderlust kimono in floral mood indigo
Necklace: thrifted flat navy statement bead necklace
Tee: Jeanswest Shelley garment dye tee in faded denim blue
Jeans: Jeanswest Harper skinny pant in Russet
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff medium unlined tote in black with shellac studded dome hardware


Why I wore it:

More blue! Mum got me this cotton on floral cover up one Christmas, before I stumbled across the burgundy one above in the opshop. I am sure to get lots of wear from both as they both feel so different! I paired this one with a lot more blue, with the lighter blue tee and the navy necklace that I thought echoed the different shades in the print nicely.

It was a cooler morning so I went with jeans, these burgundy ones I like wearing with different shades of blue as it always works well. Had my big Rebecca Minkoff black tote bag as we had a doctor's appointment before school, and I need things to entertain the kids!


Last worn: blue floral border cover up, navy flat necklace, blue tee, burgundy jeans, Converse (above), Rebecca Minkoff unlined tote bag.

Other ways to wearblue floral border cover up and yellow, blue tee and maxi skirt, burgundy jeans and stripes, Converse and dress, Rebecca Minkoff unlined tote bag with pink.

Perfect for pregnancyConverse in second trimester.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

8 comments:

  1. You've got an amazing eye for style Mica, effortlessly mixing thrifted gems with newer finds! The red denim shorts paired with the purple cover-up is a stylish combo, and the accessories tie it all together perfectly.And the way you've incorporated different shades of blue in your second outfit with burgundy jeans is amazing.
    Dheera
    https://www.thestylepanorama.com/2023/09/old-money-aesthetic-how-to-look-expensive-on-a-budget.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look adorable in both looks. I love all the colors. The shorts from the first outfit are basically ideal: the sihoette and the length! super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the most gorgeous cover ups! I love both of these so much. Those burgundy jeans are fabulous as well. I hope you have a wonderful weekend <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blue and red together is a classic combo.
    Your first outfit is my favourite, due to the brighter blue of the tee, which contrasts perfectly with that gorgeous kimono and the shorts! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blue and red are two colors that actually go so well together, but for some reason most people don't combine them. You're rocking this! <3


    http://www.couture-case.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the last outfit. Hope you are doing well. I'm recovering from a bee sting.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love the red and blue color combos in these outfits! The black tote bags look like they would be so versatile for so many occasions and outfits! Thanks for sharing! I hope you had a great weekend! :)

    https://melissakacar.com

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...