Friday 4 December 2015

Melbourne Girl's Weekend - Second Trimester Travel Style And Pregnancy Trip Essentials

First up, thank you all so much for your kind words on my last post when I mentioned our house hunting is taking longer than we thought. Hopefully we will find the perfect place soon.


Slightly longer post than usual, sharing 3 outfits. It's what I wore when we went down to Melbourne for a girl's weekend to enjoy the food and the shopping. I did think about summarising everywhere we went and ate but it was such a big weekend the list was quite long and would be boring to read. I'll just do my usual and focus on what I wore instead.

It feels odd to be sharing such layered up winter-like outfits in December, but it was a cold weekend when we went down and the temps were around 10 to 20 Celsius, a good 20 degrees cooler than Brisbane. More like autumn/winter temperatures than spring!

What I wore:

Away From Blue | Second Trimester Flight Outfit grey tee Jeanswest maternity skinny jeans
NecklaceTai gold alphabet necklace layered with Happiness Boutique turquoise and coral pendant necklace (C/O)
TeeAtmos&Here grey v-neck tee with rolled sleeves (similar in black or white)
JeansJeanswest maternity super skinny jeans in antique blue
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagBalenciaga truffle brown RH classic day bag

Why I wore it:

This is what I wore to fly down to Melbourne and to explore the city a little. It was much too warm for Brisbane, but I was thankful for the jeans in Melbourne, especially at night as it got very cold.

In the evening I had a quick change out of this grey tee into a few more layers and my Church Online tee to meet one of the ladies on the team I work with each week at church online who is in my online life group (like online bible study). I felt so bad that I got lost, got the trains all mixed up and was very late for dinner - but I made it in the end and we had a wonderful time catching up! It's so nice meeting someone in person after working together and chatting so much with them online.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarer, grey v-neck tee, Jeanswest maternity skinny jeans, Converse, Balenciaga day bag.

Other ways to wear grey v-neck tee and shorts, Jeanswest maternity skinny jeans and a graphic tee, Converse and flares, Balenciaga day bag in the office.




What I wore:

Away from blue | Second Trimester layered outfit paisley snood leather jacket burgundy tee grey maxi skirt

AwayFromTheBlue | Balenciaga truffle brown RH classic day bag
ScarfSeed Heritage Paisley print snood
Necklace: hidden under scarf: Tai gold alphabet necklace Happiness Boutique turquoise and coral pendant necklace (C/O)
TeeAtmos&Here rolled sleeve oversized tee in wine (similar in pink or in black)
Skirt: Target grey marle maxi skirt
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagBalenciaga truffle brown RH classic day bag

Why I wore it:

This was my comfortable yet cosy outfit for a day full of shopping. We started when the shops opened and then eventually were the last people to leave Tiffany in the evening when it closed. I appreciated the layers I'd packed. I took the scarf and jacket off and on through the day as the temperatures changed, but certainly needed them both in the morning and at night when we went out for dinner and dessert.

Out of all the places we visited and all the shopping we did, I have to comment on one experience in particular. If you ever find yourself in the Collins St Tiffany store in Melbourne, ask for Helen. She was extremely helpful and knowledgeable and we picked out some great gifts with her that I can't wait for everyone to receive!


Last worn: Jeanswest leather jacket, printed snood, burgundy tee, grey maxi skirt, Converse Chucks (above), Balenciaga day bag (above).

Other ways to wearleather jacket and a summer dress in winter, printed snood in the office, burgundy tee and printed jeans, maxi skirt and a graphic tee, Converse and purple skinny jeans, Balenciaga day bag with flares.



What I wore:

Away From Blue | Melbourne Travel outfit floral tank star pashmina maternity skinny jeans converse

Away From Blue | Balenciaga autumne truffle brown RH day bag leather jacket
JacketJeanswest black leather jacket
Necklace: hidden under scarf: Tai gold alphabet necklace 
Scarf: gifted star print pashmina
Tank: no label floral and lace top
JeansJeanswest maternity super skinny jeans in antique blue
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagBalenciaga truffle brown RH classic day bag

Why I wore it:

The third day in Melbourne, back in the skinny jeans I'd worn for the trip down and wearing my new scarf that was a gift bought for me the day before from the Queen Victoria markets. I'm pleased how great this scarf looked with the tank! I knew the snood I'd packed wouldn't work with it, so was hoping for a warmer day, but was thankful I had the new pashmia for the chilly morning.



I was sad to leave Melbourne behind (the shopping and the food really doesn't even compare to Brisbane!) but I was really glad to get home and see toddler T. It's the longest I'd ever been away from him since he was born and I really missed him. And Cooper too, I kept stopping to pat cute dogs over the city! I really missed my boys.


I was really happy with everything I packed - I packed just enough, wore everything at least once, and my mostly empty LV keepall became stuffed full of purchases for the flight home! I did find myself wishing I'd picked a bag with a cross body strap by the end of the second day so I'd have the chance to give my shoulder a rest, but it wasn't too bad. First time I've ever not over packed! The allure of filling up empty space in my carry on with shopping helped me make the tough decisions of what to pack and what to leave behind.


Last worn: Jeanswest leather jacket (above), floral tank, Jeanswest maternity skinny jeans (above), Converse Chucks (above), Balenciaga day bag (above). First time I've worn the star print pashmina.

Other ways to wearleather jacket and plaid scarf, floral tank and a pencil skirt, maternity skinny jeans post baby, Converse and a plaid shirt, Balenciaga day bag and a chambray dress.


Pregnancy travel essentials: stretchy tees, maternity jeans, scarves to layer with and comfortable shoes.












Linking up with Fab Favourites, Fabulous Friday, The Ultimate Rabbit Hole, Let It Shine, Modest Monday.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : LikeToKnow.It : Youtube 

57 comments:

  1. love that you wore the leather jacket both ways
    Irene
    www.thedailylace.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comfy yet chic.. I love your travel style. You look lovely with a soft glow in your skin

    xoxo - Style.. A Pastiche

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girls weekends are the best!! To me it is the best way to destress! Love your second jeans outfit, looks cozy and comfortable and cannot wait to see what you purchased :) Have a great weekend Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was a lovely de-stressing weekend for sure! :) I didn't buy anything for me, haha! I ended up buying a lot of gifts. Unless you count the giant box of Lindt chocolates I got for hubby which I ate more than half of ;)

      Delete
  4. Really like that cream scarf with the stars on, feels quite festive so appropriate for December. It looked from Insta as though you had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a brilliant time !I took so many photos, I had to try not instagram them all haha! The scarf is perfectly festive! No chance of wearing it in Queensland in December thought with the heat!

      Delete
  5. Yayyy for girls' weekends! I love the third outfit best, but they're all great! :D
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man oh man am I jealous of your ability to pack light. I'm a WAY over packer. I guess I like my options. But I guess if you are shopping. I might be able to work with that. Shopping is always a good excuse right? (; Hope your shopping trip was successful, though from the sounds of it, it totally was!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is the ONLY time I have ever packed light, haha. it was definitely the allure of coming home with a tote full of purchases that made me pack lightly this time ;)

      Delete
  7. I am so jealous about the weather lol Here is reaching the minus at night! However, I also love your first look, because I love how casual it is :) You are a glowing beautiful mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a lovely trip! That jacket looks great on you! I did think you would suit leather as you have such a 'soft' look about you, it it really works!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I do love my leather jackets :)

      Delete
  9. I like the ease and comfort look of both outfits, the second style is my favourite. Glad to hear that you enjoyed girl's weekend.
    Chinese Cooking

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really hope you find your dream home real soon. How clean, comfy and chic is your traveling style. The third outfit is totally what I wear when I travel. You look great, despite the lower cool temperatures, there.

    Have a great weekend Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too! It will be worth the wait when we do find it though :)

      Delete
  11. Sounds like you packed alot in! We never got to Melbourne when we were in Oz - I would've loved to have gone. isn't it satisfying when you packed just the right amount! And that star scarf is adorable.

    http://petitesilvervixen.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're ever here again I highly recommend it, it is the best place to visit! :)

      Delete
  12. Love the comfy look but the second look is great! I love how chic you look even while pregnant :)

    ARedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aaaaahhhh how do you make it all look so effortless! Is it effortless? I love all these outfits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it was certainly not effortless figuring out what to pack! I'm glad it comes off that way. I'd love to be an effortless traveller.

      Delete
  14. You had such a fun trip! I really like these comfortable and chic outfits! I love your star print pashmina. Have a great weekend, Mica!

    Danielle
    www.spring2spring.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds perfect. I am absolutely longing to go to Melbourne. I hear so much about it because my very best friend at work and a lot of our team are located down there. I really hope I get to go for work one day. I have only been once and really want to arrange a trip there myself soon. I am especially drawn to your star print scarf- there needs to be more of that print around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do get a chance to visit! It's easily my favourite city in Australia - Brisbane has the weather, but Melbourne has the shopping and the food!

      Delete
  16. Love your bag with the fringe! And congrats on the baby :)

    xoxo, Christina

    Stray Birds and Lavender

    ReplyDelete
  17. I miss Melbourne & certainly hope to revisit. You look great & chic as always! Have a great weekend, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  18. After seeing you in spring/summer clothes, it feels weird to see layered up :) You paired the leather jacket good and it looks lovely on both of the outfits. x

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was weird to be layered up, haha! Nice to be back to summer temps in Queensland :)

      Delete
  19. Sounds like a great weekend away. I know the feeling, even though it feels good to be away once in a while, I miss my daughter like crazy!

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard being away from them for so long, definitely!

      Delete
  20. I really like the second look, you're glowing!

    Happy Holidays!
    M
    The Flower Duet

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are some really great outfits! I love the one with the leather jacket! So cute!

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look absolutely lovely! My fave would have to be the one of you in sneakers!

    www.annescribblesanddoodles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. It's so strange to hear that December is warm over there haha! I'm so used to December equalling massive amounts of snow. I love #2 and #3. That leather jacket is a stunner!

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yep completely opposite seasons down here! :)

      Delete
  24. I wish I could pack light - I am a serial over packer! Looks like you had a great weekend. I think I need a weekend in Melbourne now, it's been way too long between visits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do it! Melbourne is the best place to visit for the weekend! :) It's only the allure of all the shopping I could do if I packed light that enabled me to pack lightly this time around ;)

      Delete
  25. That sounds like a fun girls weekend, glad you got some shopping in too! I love all three looks, especially the look with your maxi skirt and leather jacket, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So much shopping, haha! It was brilliant!

      Delete
  26. sounds like a fun trip! I love the first look. Leather jacket with maxi skirt, perfect duo..
    http://dreaminloud.com/healthy-eats-6-simple-ways-to-add-protein-to-your-vegetarian-diet/

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm impressed you didn't overpack! That's always my downfall. I think the saving room for presents idea is a good one, I tried that tactic this time and did slightly better (still much room for improvement though...).

    I really like your maxi skirt and that leather jacket is a lovely shape. I've always wanted one but thought I looked strange in all the ones I've tried on. That looks great though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's something I always struggle with, and I'm a terrible over packer. But forcing myself to pack lightly and make room for shopping was a good technique! :)

      Delete
  28. very pretty! as usual looks adorable no matter what you wear! glad you had fun shopping))

    Lyosha
    Inside and Outside Blog

    ReplyDelete
  29. I always overpack, but you did it so well. I miss being pregnant looking at your photos! You are so stylish! I followed you on GFC, hope you are having a great pregnancy X

    http://www.leopardandspice.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. The mix of converse and jeans makes you look so freaking young! Glad to know there's some type of age reversal pill out there.

    7% Solution

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your jeans look. Perfect for Melbourne. I'm always so glad when I pack the right things for a trip.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wait! The shopping and food don't compare to Brisbane! Blasphemy! We rule in that category, in fact that is all Melbourne has looool ;o) you should have come last weekend. It was dreadfully warm and I imagine you'd feel much more in your element! Thanks for the heads up on the Tiffany store. I used to go more to the Chadstone one but there was always such a wait. I actually haven't shopped at one for ages now and I've got a lot of birthdays coming up to... Hmmm!

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha that's what I meant, there is no comparison, Melbourne is AMAZING for shopping and Brisbane is well...there's a few stores...but not much! I always shop up a storm in Melbourne! And we won't even talk about how awesome the food is there or I'll want to go again.....

      Delete
  33. Super stylish getaway, M!

    Just got my first pair of Wayfarers. Thought of you as I bought them. They are fabulous, aren't they? Not too anything, comfortable and strong. Classic for a reason.

    SSG xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you SSG! :) They really are a great classic piece, I'm glad I got these a couple years ago, they last well!

      Delete
  34. All three outfits look great on you Mica! My favorite is the maxi with leather jacket. You have a gorgeous scarf collection.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Such great casual outfits. Glad you had some "girl time"

    ReplyDelete
  37. It sounds like you had such a nice time with your girlfriends! What a fun way to spend some girl time :) Loving these leather jacket outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  38. The maxi skirt looks amazing - what a great shot.
    I like how the sneakers peek at the bottom- lately I have been hanging out with friends too and its quite refreshing and laughing helps release stress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my favourite maxi skirts for sure! :) It looks great with Converse :)

      Laughing is the best stress reliever! :)

      Delete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...