Monday 28 December 2020

Christmas Outfits: Casual and Dressy | Weekday Wear Linkup

A bit of a bumper post for the Weekday Wear Linkup today, showing you three outfits I wore over Christmas. We were very lucky to be able to spend time with our families over Christmas, with few restrictions in place here in Queensland. We haven't had any cases of coronavirus in the community in our state for over 100 days so our Christmas celebrations went on as normal, even if we had a quieter December and skipped a few other events to ensure we would all be healthy and well for the most important days! I definitely didn't take it for granted this year, with virus outbreaks in NSW state making me wonder if our plans may have had to change, and my son in hospital for an operation the week before. We were very blessed to be able to celebrate as planned.

So today I'm sharing what I wore for Christmas Day and Christmas Eve with my side of the family, as well as what I wore to spend Boxing Day at hubby's family's delayed Christmas celebration. All wardrobe oldies, with the exception of a couple new bags I got for Christmas!


What I wore for Christmas day:

Jeanswest Heather textured maxi dress in eggshell grecian column style Christmas Day Outfit with gold leo envelope clutch champagne | awayfromblue

mint dress and mixed metal bracelet stack with Rebecca Minkoff Leo envelope clutch in champagne gold | away from blue

awayfromblue Instagram Christmas Day outfit grecian maxi dress rebecca minkoff leo envelope clutch in champagne gold accessories


Earrings: gold pendant chandelier earrings
Dress: Jeanswest Heather textured maxi dress in eggshell (c/o)
ShoesWittner 'Jasmarie' studded sandals
Bracelets: the usual plus vintage silver charm bracelet and Disney Couture Winnie the Pooh bangle


Why I wore it:

This was my outfit for Christmas day itself. I was extremely excited to be able to wear my new bag, the Rebecca Minkoff Leo envelope clutch in champagne. It was massively reduced in the stocktake sales in June, so I bought one for myself and a few others as gifts, thinking as things were starting to get safer we would be back to regular and frequent parties for Christmas and New Year, ha! At over $100 off, I figured it was worth getting. Of course, with no big festive parties this will be the only time I wear it this year but it was fun to wear for Christmas day and I hope I have more chance to go out and use this clutch next year.

I knew I was going to wear an existing dress from my wardrobe for Christmas, I've had new ones the past few years so it was time to give one I already owned some love. Couldn't decide between this eggshell one or another purple printed one, but went with this dress in the end as I thought it matched my red glitter Christmas manicure better. Although I've had it a while I've never worn it for Christmas day before! Paired it with some gold accessories to compliment the champagne gold of the clutch. It was good to get all dressed up, we usually all get dressed up for church on Christmas day and although we didn't go to church this year we continued the tradition of dressing up.


Last worngold chandelier earrings, Grecian maxi dress, studded sandals. First time I've worn the Rebecca Minkoff Leo envelope clutch.

Other ways to wearGrecian maxi dress for a birthday party, studded sandals and shorts.

Perfect for pregnancyGrecian maxi dress in second trimester, studded sandals in second trimester.






What I wore for Christmas Eve:

festive green red glitter Santa tee with navy stripe maxi skirt casual Christmas eve outfit silver mini mac bag | awayfromtheblue

striped maxi skirt with Fashion Scarf Girl burgundy foil reindeer and tree print Christmas scarf rebecca minkoff mini MAC | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | festive santa green glitter tee with navy stripe maxi skirt for Christmas eve


Scarf: Fashion Scarf Girl burgundy foil reindeer and tree print Christmas scarf (tied on bag)
Earrings: Colette Ciao Bella glitter ball drop earrings
Tee: festive glitter Santa tee
Skirt: Target navy side split maxi skirt
Shoesslim navy and pink Havaianas
Bracelets: the usual plus Christmas ribbon bracelet and Polka Luka resin bangles in red and teal
BagRebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC

Why I wore it:

I wore this the day before, on Christmas eve. Every year, my family get together for a relaxed catch up before the big day. We do crafts, eat lots of snacks, listen to Christmas music, make and decorate cookies, and watch a festive movie. Which by popular demand from the kids has been the Polar Express for the past few years 😂 It's so fun to spend time together and enjoy some quiet time before the present madness of Christmas day!

Had to wear my traditional Santa tee of course, and a comfortable maxi skirt for lounging around. It was a really humid day so added the burgundy and silver foil scarf on my metallic mini MAC bag instead of wearing it round my neck. Mum got me this scarf so I was eager to wear it and figure out a way to make it work for the humid day. Thought it was a fun festive touch with the outfit.






What I wore for Boxing Day Christmas celebration:

Jeanswest 'Chantelle' crochet detail blue printed maxi dress with Chloe small paraty in periwinkle blue for Christmas on Boxing Day outfit | awayfromblue

Chloe periwinkle small Paraty with navy printed maxi dress | awayfromblue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | Jeanswest navy printed maxi skirt with periwinkle small paraty bag gold accessories boxing day Christmas outfit


Earrings: Piper recycled metal turquoise tassel earring
Necklace: Lovisa gold filigree heart pendant
Dress: Jeanswest 'Chantelle' crochet detail blue printed maxi dress
ShoesWittner 'Jasmarie' studded sandals
Bracelets: the usual plus rose gold and faux pearl bracelet stack
Bag: Chloe periwinkle small Paraty

Why I wore it:

And on the third day of Christmas...the in-laws decided to do Christmas on boxing day instead. It was nice to not have to try travel around on Christmas day itself and the kids loved another day of presents! Christmas at the in laws is a lot more casual than in my family, and a much shorter gathering, but again I went with a maxi dress. This is an old favourite and I've hit 30 wears with it so I'll need to so a ways to wear post with it soon.

Something not too formal but not too casual, a maxi dress is just right! Wore my new bag with it - a massive thank you to my friend who texted me about this bag after I'd been telling her I was thinking of a Chloe Paraty for Christmas, she stumbled across it and knew it would be perfect. My husband was very pleased to see that this one was a couple hundred dollars cheaper than the other Paraty bag I'd had my eye on too 😂 so it was my Christmas gift from him and the boys. I just love the colour and it pairs so nicely with the navy printed maxi dress. The earrings are new, a Christmas present from my mum and although they are a different shade of blue I thought it complimented the navy dress well and the gold works with the necklace, sandals and hardware on the Chloe Paraty bag.


Last wornnavy printed maxi dress, heart necklace, studded sandals (above). First time I've worn the Chloe Paraty bag and the tassel earrings as they were both Christmas presents.

Other ways to wearnavy printed maxi dress layered for winter, studded sandals and little black dress.

Perfect for pregnancynavy printed maxi dress at 39 weeks, studded sandals in second trimester.


Weekday Wear Linkup #101


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

A massive thank you to everyone who links up every week - I can't believe I'm at 101 weeks of this already!


Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails





Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

79 comments:

  1. Wow your dresses are stunning, especially the first one. I'm happy that you were able to spend it with family. Have a great week Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mica, I love all 3 of your Christmas outfits! That mint green dress is so beautiful on you and what a great bag! I am so glad that you got one for yourself. I am also glad that everyone is safe and healthy and you were able to spend the holiday with family.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you look stunning in this green maxi dress! Perfect for the festive celebrations. That is such good news no corona cases in 100 days!
    Hope you are enjoying the time!
    https://www.aproposh.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first dress is so so pretty! Both that one and your other choice were winning ones! I do love your new purses. Glad you all had a nice Christmas and were able to spend time with family.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Christmas Eve outfit is so fun - and your Christmas day one is stunning (seriously, that's a gorgeous dress on you!).

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look lovely in all the outfits:) That bag is a great gift for sure:D So awesome you guys spent Christmas like normal. Belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you and your family were able to get together and you are having a wonderful and nearly normal Christmas! Love all of your festive holiday choices both casual and dressy, and your new bags! Have a good week, and thanks your the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all three outfits! I hope you and your family had a Merry Christmas!

    -Katie
    http://www.hellokatiegirlblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice outfits! i really like the colour of the first dress :)
    Hope you are enjoying the Christmas season! :)
    Kisses!

    My blog - Lalabetterdayz

    ReplyDelete
  10. 3 days of Christmas! How fun - especially for the kids. Your Christmas Day outfit is really elegant. I’m glad you got the opportunity to wear that lovely dress. The Boxing Day dress is really pretty too. And the Christmas t-shirt is so festive. Such a nice tradition to have a relaxing day before the big day.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. How absolutely amazing that you haven't had any Coronavirus cases for over a 100 days. That sounds like the stuff of dreams to me.
    I'm glad to hear you were able to celebrate without too many restrictions.
    Your Christmas Day outfit is absolutely stunning, that colour is so gorgeous on you! Your Christmas Eve outfit is fun, and I'm loving your final outfit, the one you wore on Boxing Day, too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The color of that first maxi dress is so pretty! Loving all of these looks! Perfect for the holidays. Loving the new clutch and bag too! Yay for shiny new things, haha!
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look gorgeous! I love that cute Santa tee. It's so fun for the holiday. Hope you guys had a very Merry Christmas!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great styles. Love the tree too. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all of these cute Christmas looks Mica! That first dress is so pretty, and I love that gold clutch too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look fab in that Christmas dress! And that ugly Christmas Eve tee is super cute!
    Happy holidays, my dear Mica!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself


    My Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just love that dress you wore for Christmas Mica. It just goes to show that we probably have wonderful things already in our closets.
    OXOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I really need to get into the habit of wearing what I already have more instead of buying a new dress every couple of years!

      Delete
  18. The blue Christmas Day dress looks gorgeous on you! Making me wish I dressed up too haha.

    Hope you had a wonderful Christmas Mica. :)

    Michelle Cheung

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always dress up for Christmas day in my family :)

      Delete
  19. Aww, you look so pretty, especially in that glam first outfit! I'm jealous that you were able to spend time with your family. Hope you had a merry Christmas!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. That dress is so beautiful on you!! I was going to dress up a little for Christmas day, but then I got lazy! That color is perfect on you! Your Christmas Eve outfit is fun and I love that stretchy skirt, perfect for indulging in some yummy food!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look lovely in all these outfits but my favorite is the first dress. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely outfits for the holidays, my favourite is your Christmas Day outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love all of the outfits, and that clutch is so pretty! I think my favorite is the graphic tee. I'm a sucker for a graphic tee. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is so amazing you haven't had new cases in so long! Good for you guys! I hope you had a Merry Christmas! I love your outfits, especially the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh the first dress is so pretty
    Happy Holidays sweetheart
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. You look fabulous in the Christmas day dress! Love the gold clutch and jewelry!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the dress you wore for Christmas day. Such a great festive outfit. I also like your more casual outfits. You always look beautiful and fresh. Happy holidays and all the best in new 2021.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such a pretty blue dress!! Wishing you a very happy and healthy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  29. All of your Christmas outfits look great. I love that you still got dressed up. That's a great bag! Spreading out the celebrating definitely makes it more relaxing. I hope you had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Definitely love that black maxi with the Santa tee! That's my kind of look..and crazy but it was warm enough here in Texas for that look too!

    ReplyDelete
  31. You've really choose perfect outfits for Christmas festivities!
    The 1st one is really stunning!
    Happy Holidays, dear!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very gorgeous Mica. The first dress is so beautiful! Happy new year.
    https://chicchedimamma.com/

    ReplyDelete
  33. I like all the outfits I saw here! I love long dresses, bracelets, earrings, necklaces, bags, etc. and I love the silver.
    It's great that you spent this time with your family!
    I wish you serene days! Joy and happiness! ❤️
    Happy holidays!

    ("goo gle trans late") 😊

    ReplyDelete
  34. Shopping your closet for the holidays is so smart- especially this year! Loving your Christmas looks!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  35. Egads your son having surgery during these times that is stressful. Hope all is well and LOVE seeing you so dressed up. You look GREAT!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes thankfully he recovered well and we knew we would be home for Christmas which was a relief! :)

      Delete
  36. I love your dressy Christmas outfits. You look stunning in these dresses. I hope so that you have beautiful Christmas with your family. Happy New Year.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2020/12/beauty-of-organization.html

    ReplyDelete
  37. These are all such great Christmas outfits, Mica! I absolutely love your maxi dress and gold clutch combo, it's beautiful with just the right amount of Christmas sparkle. =) Your Chloe bag is a beautiful color too - and awesome that you got a good deal too! Win-win!


    I hope you are having a great week so far!


    Amber


    Visit AvecAmber.com
    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful dresses! Happy News Year!:)

    ReplyDelete
  39. It's nice that you got to dress up and great that you were able to mix relatively freely! My nan had a fall on Christmas Day and ended up in hospital with a broken knee so a lot of our plans had to be abandoned x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How scary for you and horrible for your Nan! :( Hope she has recovered now!

      Delete
  40. Wow that's amazing that coronavirus cases have decreased. We are still very much struggling in the states but I am so happy you got to celebrate with your families! I LOVE that Christmas dress. The blue is beautiful. That envelope clutch is super fun too. A great accessory that you'll get a lot of wear out of I'm sure. As a handbag fiend I find so much joy in your new purchases haha. That Chloe bag is also beautiful! A great addition to your collection.

    x,
    S | Je M'appelle Chanel

    ReplyDelete
  41. You look stunning in this first dress. Glad you had a nice christmas.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  42. Such a classy and pretty green dress! Simply perfect for Christmas!
    Wonderful Post! Have a great day!
    Rampdiary
    Beautyandfashionfreaks

    ReplyDelete
  43. So beautiful and elegant Mica. My favorite is the first look!
    See you in the new year. Wishing you the best!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Such a beautiful outfits! First is my favorite!
    Wishing you happy New Year!:)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Your dress-up outfit is so beautiful! I love the knit wear of the second outfit, too!!
    In the third picture, those green earrings from your mother really suit you<3
    Happy Holidays Mica!!

    akiko

    ReplyDelete
  46. Ohh such a lovely dress ���� Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  47. The first outfit is my fav ❤

    ReplyDelete
  48. I'm so glad you were able to celebrate Christmas as normal! These are all cute outfits, but my favorite is the seafoam dress you wore on Christmas. And that new champagne bag is fabulous! So pretty!!

    Miles of smiles,
    Grace

    gracefulrags.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. Belated merry christmas and happy new year! I love all you outfits especially the first one!
    Don't Call Me Fashion Blogger
    Facebook
    Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  50. Such beautiful outfits! I can't pick a favorite. I hope you had a very merry Christmas :)

    Lindifique

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love all three outfits. I really love the dressy outfit! So pretty and the bracelets with it really make it pop!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Oh, wow, you look gorgeous in that mint-green shade, Mica! I love the gold accessories, and your gold clutch is just perfect. Excellent use of bracelets too!

    I love that you tied your scarf to your bag - I do that with my neck scarves often. Great fun Christmas Eve outfit overall! I love your blue maxi dress look too - well done on 30 wears! That purse is stunning! Wow! Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Beautiful outfits! I hope you have a wonderful new year :)

    https://www.mariannyc.com/farewell-2020/

    ReplyDelete
  54. Very fine outfit😊 Happy New Year 😊

    ReplyDelete
  55. Great post.
    Beautiful New Year's Eve and a happy start to the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Hello,

    All three outfits are cute, you look pretty in all the dresses. I wish you all the best in 2021, a happy and healthy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  57. I wish you all the best to you and your family in 2021!

    ReplyDelete
  58. I love the pretty dresses and wishing you a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  59. love your elegant look and you look so pretty.

    Happy new year 2021
    Have a great year
    www.anteegurung.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  60. Lovely looks Mica! That first one is my fave. You look beautiful! Happy New Year!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  61. Dearest Mica,
    You looked elegant in that long dress!
    Wishing you a Happy New Year in good health for you and yours.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  62. So gorgeous! Love, love the first outfit! That dress and color looks so beautiful on you! Have a happy new year!

    XO, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  63. Oh my favorite is the first outfit. You look very elegant and lovely. Also love the casual with the themed tee - looks nice and comfty. Looks like your Christmas was a nice one. Numbers up here so very quiet.
    Grace & Peace, Iris
    www.IrisOriginalsRamblings.com

    ReplyDelete
  64. Your Christmas day outfit is so stunning. I love your bracelets too, and the Chloe bag from boxing day.

    ReplyDelete
  65. A very, very Happy and Healthy New Year to your stylish self and all of your family. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  66. You look awesome in every single Christmas dress, Mica! Seems you had a very, very Merry Christmas. Now, we are just in 2021.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  67. That teal maxi dress looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  68. It always amazes me that it's a warm, summery Christmas in different parts of the world :') I feel like that will always be a pleasant surprise for me haha! I love that Christmas tee that you wore on Christmas eve, so cute x

    brineandbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  69. These are beautiful looks! Hope you had a Merry (belated) Christmas!

    http://lizzyslatest.com/

    ReplyDelete
  70. You look fabulous in all the outfits especially the first one.

    Happy Monday, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  71. Oh wow Mica! You are looking absolutely beautiful and love love love all your dresses. Wishing you belated Merry Christmas my dear. I read about your son. Hugs and kisses for him.
    Lovely Christmas tree. :-)

    Via | https:glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
  72. Mica looking fabulous, that is what the tittle of this post should have been !!!
    You really rocked these three looks.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Thank you all for your kind comments and wishes for Christmas - I hope you all had great Christmas times too even if you faced restrictions!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...