Monday 13 May 2024

Black Tops, Textured Pencil Skirts and Converse With Love Too Bag

Making easy office outfits with black tops and textured pencil skirts. Despite the different coloured skirts in both outfits, I accessorised with my deep teal Rebecca Minkoff Love Too bag which has certainly been getting a lot of love lately!


What I wore:



EarringsAna Luisa 'Olivia' tassel earrings in pink
Tank: lace bib black swing tank from mum's wardrobe
SkirtCotton On 'Mica' mesh spot skirt in dusty pink
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
Bracelets: the usual plus beaded black bracelet stack and Roie Designs labradorite bracelets
BagRebecca Minkoff Love Too in deep teal croc embossed leather


Why I wore it:

With the lace bib detail on this tank I always have a heard time trying to pick a necklace to wear with it! I settled on statement earrings this time, these gold and pink ones, while not the same shade of pastel pink as the pencil skirt, I thought still complimented my outfit nicely.

This pink polka dot pencil skirt is one I have been reaching for a lot - it's easy to wear with Converse for an office outfit that doesn't require a lot of planning. With the black textured polka dots on the mesh top layer, any black top works well with it! Although I have a few black tops I could pick from, this is the second time I've worn this tip and skirt together, I added a blazer on top last time I wore the combination.


Last worn: tassel earrings, lace detail tank, polka dot pencil skirt, black Converse, Rebecca Minkoff Love Too bag.

Other ways to wearlace detail tank and shorts, polka dot pencil skirt in winterConverse and dress, Rebecca Minkoff Love Too bag and maxi skirt.

Perfect for pregnancypink polka dot pencil skirt in first trimesterConverse in second trimester.





What I wore:




Necklace: silver ball multi chain long necklace
Tee: thrifted black scoop neck H&M tee
SkirtWarehouse navy jacquard pencil skirt
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star coast blue
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff Love Too in deep teal croc embossed leather


Why I wore it:

This plain black tee is usually not one I struggle picking a necklace with, as it doesn't have the extra detail at the neckline like the tank in the first outfit. I still couldn't pick a nice necklace in the morning when trying to get ready - in the end I went with this silver one that hadn't been worn in a while, even if I did worry it looked a little more formal than the plain black tee suggested.

Much like the pencil skirt in the first outfit, I find I wear this one with a lot of black, with the black jacquard weave making the choice of top simple and making any black option a nice matchy-matchy choice. I also really like the navy background with the deep teal Love Too bag. The blue Converse sneakers were a third shade of blue with this outfit, but I feel they really go with everything!

7 comments:

  1. I just love that polka dot skirt, Mica! It is so pretty and love how you styled both of these looks.

    Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend! :)

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that your style is uniquely your own. Your bags are always lovely.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the first tank. It's a great detail at the neck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute outfits.. especially love the polka dot pencil skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That polka dot skirt looks so chic!
    Have a wonderful week,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of these looks are so so beautiful. I still think that polka dot skirt is something special. It looks amazing with that lace swing tank top. What a fabulous combination!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me encanto el primer outfit, saludos:D

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...