Wednesday 26 April 2023

Blazers Worn 2 Ways For Magnificent 8

This quarter's Magnificent 8 theme is blazers! Which is perfect timing for me, as I've been in the office more often, and as the autumn weather has finally started to arrive in Brisbane, I've been wearing my blazers more!


What I wore:

double denim office outfit blush blazer white jeans chambray cami edie shoulder bag | awayfromblue

blush blazer with Rebecca Minkoff Edie regular shoulder bag in Luna blue | awayfromblue


Jacket: Jeanswest Nadine 3/4 sleeve dusky pink blazer
Necklace: thrifted metallic clay bead necklace
Top: thrifted no label chambray tie strap cami
Jeans: Dannii Minogue denim high waist skinny jean in ecru
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in white
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff Edie regular shoulder bag in Luna blue


Why I wore it:

My favourite way to wear a blazer is to pair it with jeans, and so I was really happy it was a cool enough morning to wear this outfit! My mum gave me these white jeans for Christmas. I'd been looking for white jeans for a while and tried on so many pairs, but when I saw these cropped Dannii Minogue ones at Target I knew I'd found the perfect pair. Mum bought me for me and I've been patiently waiting for the weather to be cool enough to wear them.

My office was on the casual end of business casual, even before the pandemic, so a bit of double denim on a weekday with this chambray cami was perfect. Especially with the blush blazer to make it just a little more formal. I really liked the lighter colours of this outfit, and how I managed to keep the white jeans clean for the whole day!


Last worn: blush blazer, chambray cami, white Converse, Rebecca Minkoff Edie shoulder bag. It's the first time I've worn the white jeans as they were a Christmas gift, and the first time I've worn the necklace as it was a recent opshop find.

Other ways to wearblush blazer worn two ways, chambray cami and denim skirt, white Converse and dress, Rebecca Minkoff Edie shoulder bag with fuchsia dress.

Perfect for pregnancy: blush blazer in third trimesterwhite Converse in second trimester.





What I wore:

kmart soft printed culotte shorts with jersey blazer navy tee converse | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff MAB crossbody with studs in desert rose | awayfromblue


JacketJeanswest grey jersey blazer
Necklace: thrifted flat peach statement bead necklace
TeeAtmos & Here Avery marle tee in navy
Shorts: thrifted Kmart pastel soft culotte shorts in floral print
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff MAB crossbody with studs in desert rose


Why I wore it:

I like blazers and shorts too, although I definitely don't get to wear that combination as often as I do with blazers and jeans, as the weather has to be just right for it. It was an overcast day and a cooler morning so I thought it was the perfect time to try this combination again! I really liked the pastel blue culotte shorts with the grey blazer. The navy tee was the perfect piece in between the similar tones, although I do wish it hadn't come partially untucked for the photos! The peach necklace, a recently thrifted find, I thought matched with the print on the culottes well, as did the dusty pink of the Rebecca Minkoff studded MAB crossbody bag

I really liked all the colours in this outfit and the pieces together, although I was a little disappointed when I had to shed the blazer when the sun came out and the humidity rose. The blazer definitely wasn't needed for the school pick up in the afternoon!


Last worn: grey jersey blazer, navy tee, printed culotte shorts, black Converse, Rebecca Minkoff studded MAB crossbody bag. First time I've worn the necklace as it was a recent opshop find.

Other ways to weargrey jersey blazer and dress, navy tee and jeans, printed culotte shorts and cardigan, black Converse and maxi skirt, Rebecca Minkoff studded MAB crossbody bag and skirt.

Perfect for pregnancy: Converse in second trimester.


The Magnificent 8

The Magnificent 8 is a collaboration of 8 stylish women, ranging in age from early 20’s to early 80’s. The mission of this collaboration is to showcase how ageless style is. There are no age restrictions on style. So wear what you want, when you want, add a smile, and strut your style with confidence. And be sure to check out all 7 of these other amazing ladies!





Every quarter, the group chooses a theme and each create an outfit that suits our own personal tastes and fashion choices. We post them on the last Wednesday of every third month. Check out everyone’s posts with the links above for style inspiration at any age as they show you how they style their blazers!


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

8 comments:

  1. I love that you wore a blazer with shorts too, and that you're embracing white jeans. Both looks are fabulous Mica,
    OXOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I do love a good blazer! You look stunning in both pastel looks, Mica, but the shorts outfit has the edge for me this time - I think it's all the matchy soft pinks/peach. Love the white jeans - I wear mine a lot (for me, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how each look gets more polished with these blazers! Love these looks Mica!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mica, I really like both of these looks but the second one made me gasp out loud in delight! I absolutely love the shorts and blazer combination with your Converse! So, so, so cute! I also love the combination of your pale pink blazer with the light blue chambray top. Super pretty color palette!

    Shelbee

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love blazers but don't wear them nearly often enough. With the weather finally warming up a bit here, it's time they came out of my closet.
    I love both of your outfits but the blazer + shorts one just that little bit more. Oh, and well done for managing to keep your white jeans clean all day. I'm not sure I could have done that :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's great that your office is a bit more on the casual side, because it means you have a little more wiggle room with what you wear. I just love both looks. You can never go wrong with a cute blazer. I especially love seeing the blazer paired with shorts! Such a great combination.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the outfits. Have a great weekend.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both of these pretty looks, friend! I think the first one is my favorite, I just love the color combo and I agree with you, pairing a blazer with jeans is perfect!

    Hope you're having a great start to your week! :)

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...