Friday 5 April 2024

Maxi Skirts With Colourful Tees and Matching Bags

Making the most of some very quiet days in the office lately with just a couple of my team members to wear these simple maxi skirts and plain tee outfits. I did add some big statement necklaces to try dress up the tees a little, and had a little bit of matchy-matchy with my accessories, wearing bags in similar colours to the tees in each outfit.


What I wore:




Necklace: thrifted burgundy and cream beaded statement necklace
Tee:  thrifted Target crew neck tee coral red
Skirt: thrifted Crossroads black ruffle hem maxi skirt
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
Bracelets: the usual plus black beaded bracelet stack and red beaded bracelet
BagRebecca Minkoff Avery crossbody bag in burgundy


Why I wore it:

This was one of those days where nothing goes to plan, starting off with being late in the morning! Always the worst and meant I was rushing into the office after school drop off. At least I'd planned my outfit the night before so it was easy to throw on and go in the morning.

Felt this black maxi skirt was due another wear. I see a lot more maxi skirts and dresses in the office than I ever did pre-pandemic, and I love it! With the plain black maxi skirt I added more colour with the coral tee, and then stuck with the red theme adding this burgundy beaded multi strand necklace and the little burgundy Rebecca Minkoff Avery crossbody bag. Added yet another shade of red with the red beaded bracelet in my bracelet stack too. Even though none of the shades of reds match exactly, I really liked them all together in this outfit.


Last worn: coral tee, multi strand necklace, black maxi skirt, black Converse, Rebecca Minkoff Avery crossbody bag.

Other ways to wearcoral tee and jeans, black maxi skirt and leather jacket, black Converse and pencil skirt, Rebecca Minkoff Avery crossbody bag and floral dress.

Perfect for pregnancyConverse in second trimester.





What I wore:





Necklace: thrifted Eb&Ive black wooden bead multi strand statement necklace
Tee: thrifted Cotton On The one crew tee in green
Skirt: thrifted ruffle hem leopard print midi skirt 
ShoesAdidas Superstar sneakers
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff emerald green mini 5-zip rocker bag


Why I wore it:

Another quiet day in the office - although I wasn't running late and rushing around on this day and it went a whole lot better! Since I liked the outfit above so much, I did the next best thing for this office day and wore the same outfit formula with different pieces. Repeating an outfit formula is something I like to do a lot, less effort than thinking up a whole new outfit!

This leopard print maxi skirt has been a firm favourite since I thrifted it and I thought I'd try pair it with green for something a little different. This green crew neck tee is an opshop find too! And while not the perfect match with the green Rebecca Minkoff mini 5 zip bag I did like the different shades of green together.

As in the outfit above, I added the big wooden multi strand statement necklace to try make this a little more dressed up for the office.


Last worn: green crew neck tee, black statement necklace, leopard print maxi skirt, Adidas Superstar sneakers, Rebecca Minkoff green mini 5-zip bag.

Other ways to weargreen crew neck tee and pencil skirt, leopard print maxi skirt with red, Adidas Superstar sneakers and dress, Rebecca Minkoff green mini 5-zip bag and jeans.





Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

6 comments:

  1. I'm swooning over your green and leopard combo, which is nothing short of perfection! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I plan my outfits the night before, too. Still, it sucks when the morning goes sideways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got to love quiet work days. Loving your statement necklace.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love leopard print. Both of these outfits are fabulous. You wear maxi skirt so well. If I had to choose a favourite between these two looks, it would be the one with the leopard maxi because I love leopard print: ).

    ReplyDelete
  5. The green and leopard print outfit is fabulous. Your hair looks amazing with that surf-girl wave! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I feel for you, running late is the worst and just makes everything in the day seem a lot harder! I love that you had your outfit already laid out though, that is so helpful even on a normal day when you're not running late. :) I just love that leopard skirt, too!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...