Wednesday 25 January 2023

30 Ways To Wear: Magenta Balenciaga Day Hobo Bag | Magnificent Magenta

This quarter's Magnificent 8 collaboration post theme is magnificent magenta! And with it being so close to the end of the month when I usually do my 30 ways to wear posts, what better time to share 30 ways you can wear this marvellous magenta Balenciaga day bag?



30 Ways To Wear: Magenta Balenciaga Day Hobo Bag


30 Ways to Wear: Magenta Balenciaga Day Hobo Bag #30wears | Awayfromblue


I'm surprised I haven't done a 30 ways to wear post with this bag yet, it's one of my favourites! It's definitely my favourite Balenciaga pink too. I have owned a few bags in this colour, which came out in 2005 over the years, but this style made it a keeper in my wardrobe. It's no secret I like bright and colourful bags, and this isn't even my only magenta bag.... But a magenta bag goes with so many more outfits than you'd think!

Cost Per Wear

I got lucky and picked this Balenciaga day bag up preloved at the end of 2015, for just $607. Despite being a 10 year old bag at the time, it had such a vibrant vivid magenta colour, and hardly any signs of wear. 7 years of me owning it later, and it still looks just as good as it does when I got it - Balenciaga bags slouch so beautifully as they age! Being a bit of a splurge, although I've worn it a lot (50 times so far), it works out to $12.14 per wear at the moment. Much higher than the $1 per wear most people aim for for value for money, but pretty good for a spendy buy, and one that will be in my wardrobe permanently, getting the cost per wear down even lower!



It took me quite a while to go through all the 50 times I've worn this magenta bag and come up with just 30 of my favourite outfits! I picked a few outfit and colour formulas to share with you, to give you an idea of how versatile a magenta bag could be in your wardrobe. Here are some of my favourite ways to wear it.


30 Ways To Wear: Magenta Hobo Bag | Video Style




Magenta Bag In Office Outfits


black outfit ideas with magenta balenciaga day hobo bag awayfromtheblue

I love wearing my bright and colourful bags into the office! It's nice to have a bit of colour on your desk through the day while spending hours sitting at a computer. And of course, these 4 outfits show the easiest way to wear any bright colour - pair it with black! With all the black and the other neutrals in these outfits, it makes the magenta bag really pop.


Magenta Bag with Blue Outfits


5 ways to wear blue and magenta outfits with magenta balenciaga day hobo bag awayfromblue

It's no secret I love blue and pink together. Having so much blue in my wardrobe, I've worn this magenta bag with every shade I own, and it always looks good! From the pastel baby blue skull scarf, denim dresses and skirt, even a cobalt scarf, magenta just works with any shade of blue.


Magenta Bag With Purple


magenta hobo bag with purple outfits awayfromblue

Magenta being the perfect blend of pink and purple together means it looks so good worn with other purple pieces. You don't have to go big and bold like I have with the purple printed dress in the third outfit, you can try the colour combination on a smaller scale with a purple scarf. A bright scarf and bag are a fun way to add colour to a neutral layered outfit in winter too.


Magenta Bag With Tee and Denim


magenta hobo bag and denim and tee outfits awayfromtheblue

Forever a staple outfit, a classic tee and denim formula is a go to the world over. To make it just a little different from a standard basic formula though, you can add a bright bag. And this fun magenta bag is definitely bright enough to add more interest to any version of denim and tee you wear!


Magenta Bag With Matching Magenta Accessories


magenta balenciaga day bag in 5 outfits with matching magenta  awayfromtheblue

Since magenta pairs so perfectly with blue, and I have a lot of blue in my wardrobe, I also have quite a few other magenta pieces. It's fun to make a matchy-matchy outfit and wear more than one magenta piece at a time. From a pink skull scarf to a magenta cami peeking out from under a dress, or a larger matchy-matchy with the magenta cardigan and bag together! Even if the pink in that last skull scarf isn't quite magenta...it's close enough to make my matchy-matchy self happy!


Magenta Bag and Printed Dress Outfits


magenta balenciaga day hobo bag and printed dress awayfromblue

A big bold block colour hobo bag like this Balenciaga day bag is so easy to wear with statement printed dresses. You can try coordinating like I have with the pink and purple dress in the third outfit there, or just have the bag be a bright pop of colour and contrast against the print like I have in the other three outfits.


Magenta Balenciaga Day Bag In Pregnancy


4 pregnancy outfit ideas with magenta hobo bag awayfromblue

I always love putting pregnancy photos in these 30 ways to wear posts. Because not every item of clothing will be wearable through all 3 trimesters of pregnancy and beyond, but a handbag sure will! A big practical hobo bag like this, it got a lot of wear over my last pregnancy.


Where To Buy The Balenciaga Day Bag:




More Outfit Ideas:

For more outfit inspiration and ideas, you can view all 50+ ways I've worn this bag in my blog archives, or browse the complete 30 wears series.


Similar Posts In The 30 Wears Series:




The Magnificent 8

The Magnificent 8 is a collaboration of 8 stylish women, ranging in age from early 20’s to early 80’s. The mission of this collaboration is to showcase how ageless style is. There are no age restrictions on style. So wear what you want, when you want, add a smile, and strut your style with confidence. And be sure to check out all 7 of these other amazing ladies!





Every quarter, the group chooses a theme and each create an outfit that suits our own personal tastes and fashion choices. We post them on the last Wednesday of every third month. Check out everyone’s posts with the links above for style inspiration at any age as they show you their magenta outfits!


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

26 comments:

  1. Your bag is lovely and this is such a fun look back at ALL the ways to get the most of your purchase. I really like the magenta paired with purple-- those are not colors I think to pair together but they go so well with one another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a gorgeous bag (what an incredible colour) and I love that you have been able to wear it with lots and lots of different looks!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mica, I love that you combined the Magnificent 8 theme with this 30 ways to wear post. So fun! What a fabulous bag, too. I love a bright bag as well and you are so right they go with nearly any outfit combination. I particularly like the magenta and purple combinations. Those colors look so gorgeous on you!

    Shelbee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was such good timing for this theme! And made it easier as I have so much magenta in my wardrobe I couldn't decide what outfits to wear int he post - focusing on this one piece was perfect :)

      Delete
  4. Woooo
    So cute bag! I love it!
    And your looks are beautiful, really beautiful
    I hope you have amazing week
    Kisses ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color of your bag and all of the ways you fashioned it! I also love all of your outfits.
    I hope you enjoy the rest of the week Mica.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's fine to splurge on something you'll use forever. And it looks like you'll use that bag forever. I don't think that color would work for me (as my wardrobe has so many oranges in it), but it pairs well with your wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen orange and magenta worn really well by a few bloggers but I haven't tried it myself yet! This does work so well with all the blue in my wardrobe :)

      Delete
  7. Congrats on getting 30 wear out of your hand bag.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great in pink, so this bag is a great versatile piece for you! Of course I esp. like it with the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Balenciaga bag is such a fabulous colour, and I'm pleasantly surprised that it was part of so many different outfits! Congratulations on its 30 wears! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a beautiful bag, Mica! I love that you were able to get it at a steal of a price and that is was in near-perfect condition when you got it, and of course you keep your bags in great shape! So I feel like you've definitely got your money's worth already, and like you said, will continue to! :)

    Hope you're having a great week so far, friend!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I definitely think this was worth the splurge, such a good find!

      Delete
  11. This bag is a great pop of colour in the office, a nice piece to divert your eyes away from the monitor. I love this colour paired with black and purple. Paired with blue is cute too. You look cute with a long bob. I hope you and the family are doing well : ) x

    www.juanitalikes.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Magenta is such a gorgeous color and the so on trend. Love the bag and all the looks you paired with it.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the way this bag pops! Beautiful with every outfit.

    Michelle
    https://funkyfashionstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. magenta is such a happy color! No wonder you wear it so much!
    wishing you the most wonderful rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i like everything here, you always had amazing style and i miss visiting your blog.

    JULIE ANN LOZADA BLOG
    INSTAGRAM: @julieann_lozada

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that you chose this purse for the magenta theme and it really adds that pop of color with the more muted outfits.
    Great post Mica,
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. The color of the bag is really beautiful and vibrant, I wouldn't have thought you already bought it preloved and have had it for such a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love that the colour is still so bold and vibrant!

      Delete
  18. WOW, what an eye-popping bag in magenta. I naturally gravitate to muted colors when it comes to bag but looking at how fun you're wearing your magenta arm candy, I feel like finding out a new statement colored bag to try. Perhaps I will. You look lovely as always and congratulations on the collab for ageless style with the other magnificent ladies :D xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. bright bags all the way for me! I love the pop of colour!

      Delete
  19. That bag is a serious stunner! I don't tend to mix colors too much when it comes to bags, so I never would have thought that purple and magenta would look so good together (instead of competing with each other)! And it is always nice to have a fun, cheery item on your work desk to gaze upon all day long! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this bag is one of the pieces that just makes me smile! :)

      Delete
  20. Thank you all for your comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...