Monday 26 June 2023

Dusters and Denim With Blue Bags | Weekday Wear Link Up

I've been wearing a lot of jeans now winter weather has arrived in Brisbane! We have been lucky to have some warmer winter days though, so all I needed to add to each of these outfits was a lightweight printed duster.


What I wore:


green floral duster souble denim skinny jeans converse chambray cami | awayfromblue

greenf loral duster with Rebecca Minkoff 2012 sky grey mini MAC bag | awayfromtheblue

Jacket: Jeanswest Delilah long line kimono in green floral
Necklace: thrifted wooden geometric bead necklace
Top: thrifted no label chambray tie strap cami
Jeans: thrifted Jeanswest faded black cropped butt lifter jeans
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star coast blue
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff 2012 sky grey mini MAC bag


Why I wore it:

I like blue and green together, so with this green floral duster I added all the blue! With the light chambray cami, to the blue Converse, blue mini MAC bag and of course the navy in the necklace. While the darker navy and greens in the necklace don't match the rest of the shades in the outfit, I thought they complimented it well.

And being a slightly colder start to the morning, I pulled out another pair of black jeans! This faded black pair I thrifted a while back have been such a staple for me - I'm to thankful to whoever donated them, as I've certainly got good value for money from this $1 thrift find. Nice and comfortable for the school run, working from home, and then a few errands after school pick up in the afternoon.





My Blue Handbag Collection:






What I wore:




striped duster, Rebecca Minkoff Love Too in deep teal croc embossed leather | awayfromtheblue


JacketKmart striped maxi cardigan
Necklace: thrifted flat navy statement bead necklace
Cami: thrifted Kmart dusty rose cami
JeansNobody Denim Siren skinny super high-rise jeans in power black denim (c/o)
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff Love Too in deep teal croc embossed leather


Why I wore it:

Again, the navy necklace doesn't really match the teal of the croc embossed Love too bag, but I really liked the two accessories together! This black striped duster is a polyester knit so it's perfect for winter days as it keeps me very warm, even over just a simple cami like this. I thought the cami would be a good pairing with the black and white stripes. I've worn a lot of pink with it in the past althoguh this is the first time I've tried this dusty pink shade. I really liked the combination, I thought the pink cami added a nice bit of colour to the darker accessories and the black and white of the striped duster, black jeans, and Converse.

This was a busy day, with the dentist in the morning for me and then a kid's birthday party to attend in the afternoon. Not an ideal combination of events - a partially numb mouth at the party was not so fun for me! The kids all had fun which is the most important thing, and it was good the party could go on (after already being postponed while the birthday child recovered from being sick).

Perfect for pregnancyConverse in second trimester.


Weekday Wear Linkup #226


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!


Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails





Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

18 comments:

  1. The teal bag is absolutely gorgeous. Love the combo of blue and green. Have a great week. Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the duster style, I feel like I need more of them in my wardrobe. Love the way you styled the looks.
    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these duster and jeans combos! Perfect way to transition into cooler temps!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharing a skort and kimono today: each time I wear a kimono, I think of you! The green looks really pretty with the light blue!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That teal bag is gorgeous, and it's a nice color with the dusty pink!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those cute dusters on you Mica. You always put together such nice outfits. I hope you have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those dusters are just perfect to jazz up a simple jeans and tee outfit! I'm particularly loving your first outfit here Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looks Mica, thanks for sharing and hosting. Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Always enjoy your outfits with printed kimonos, the kimono is a piece that adds so much personality to an outfit! Love the colors in both of these, the light shades of the tops really brighten up the looks! Enjoy your week and thanks for the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I especially like the color combination in the first outfit. The light blue and Kelley green are so pretty together!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgoues outfits! I especially like the green one obviously because green is such a happy color for me. Nice choice of bags as well. You are such a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super-cute outfits, Mica! I love the blue-green mix in the first one - all of those colours go so well together, it's like a soothing underwater mix. I like the bold colours in the second one - so nice with the stripes. Sorry you had a numb mouth at the party! I hope you're fully recovered from your dental work.

    Happy week ahead to you! Thank you so much for the link-party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dusters are so fun to wear.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh, that green long duster is just so fabulous Mica,
    OOXX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  15. There is nothing like a good duster to pull a look together! I love both of them and think your accessories just make the look pop even more!

    https://marshainthemiddle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Got to love an awesome find on a pair of jean.
    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  17. As always, you look lovely in both looks. The green duster is stunning and the second look really is a stand-out! I'm always thankful for thrifted pieces that people donated that fit me perfectly so I can relate to your feeling of gratitude! I hope you're doing well and I wish you a fab weekend ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both outfits are lovely; and look quite a bit like some of the ones I've been wearing here this spring/summer. Our weather has been pretty cool and rainy so far.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...