Monday 22 May 2023

Matching Tees To Cover Ups With Dark Jeans | Weekday Wear Link Up

For today's Weekday Wear Link Up, I'm sharing some simple jeans and tee outfits with some recently thrifted cover ups and my little turquoise Balenciaga First bag to add a little more colour.


What I wore:

grey jeans, converse, zig zag cover up pink tee turquoise Balenciaga first bag | awayfromblue

Balenciaga First bag in 2006 Blue India with pink tee | awayfromtheblue


Jacket: thrifted Cotton On navy zig zag cover up
Necklace: thrifted flat navy statement bead necklace
TeeCotton On deep v tee in washed desert rose
JeansNobody Denim Cult high rise skinny ankle jeans in charred grey
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
Bracelets: the usual
BagBalenciaga First bag in 2006 Blue India


Why I wore it:

Since I thrifted the navy flat necklace and the zig zag print cover up together, I knew I'd end up wearing them together, the navy shades match perfectly! Just like last time I wore this cover up, I tried a little turquoise bag to make the turquoise in the print pop out a bit more. Once again, it didn't really seem to work. I did love how well the pink tee went with the coral in the navy print though, I felt it brought that out well, and I do like all shades of pink and blue together.

Staple jeans and Converse as it was a busy day, with working from home, the school run, and an appointment at the vets for Cooper. Converse were good for all the driving around.





What I wore:

burgundy tee, floral cover up, skinny jeans, converse and Balenciaga first bag | awayfromblue

Balenciaga First bag in 2006 Blue India with burgundy and maroon floral print cover up | awayfromblue


Jacket: thrifted Cotton On maroon wanderlust floral border cover up
Necklace: Kmart black and gold double strand beaded necklace
TeeZalora Basics maroon stepped t-shirt
Jeans: thrifted Jeanswest faded black cropped butt lifter jeans
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
Bracelets: the usual
BagBalenciaga First bag in 2006 Blue India


Why I wore it:

I liked wearing this burgundy floral print cover up with my purple tee first time I wore it. So I thought I'd try it again with a dark tee, with this burgundy tunic and the black skinny jeans. It's not a perfect match to the colours in the print of the kimono, but I still really liked this outfit. I think the necklace was a good addition too, it took me a couple of tries that morning to find just the right necklace!

The Balenciaga first bag doesn't match anything in this outfit, unlike the outfit above, but I do love the pop of colour it adds, especially against the faded black skinny jeans.

We took advantage of the public holiday to head down the coast and spend some time with my parents. The rain arrived and slightly derailed our picnic plans, but our picnic in the lounge room was just as fun.


Last worn: burgundy floral print cover up, burgundy tee, beaded necklace, faded black skinny jeans, Converse (above), Balenciaga turquoise First bag (above).

Other ways to wearburgundy floral print cover up, burgundy tee in capsule wardrobe, faded black skinny jeans and blazer, Converse and pencil skirt, Balenciaga turquoise First bag and pink dress.

Perfect for pregnancyburgundy tee and hidden baby bumpConverse in second trimester.



Weekday Wear Linkup #221


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!


Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails





Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

20 comments:

  1. I really like both of these and the outfits make me look forward to fall again! I enjoy the darker colors and the short kimonos. Most of mine are longer, but I really do like how the shorter ones pair with jeans. I am sharing kimonos too today!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these outfits are beautiful, Mica! I really love each of the cardigans, you always have the prettiest ones! :)

    Hope you're having a great start to your week, my friend!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue + pink is always a winner! The maroon and burgundy in the second outfit looks great, too - not matching exactly, but a wonderful tonal look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to think of you today, Mica, when I found a kimono-style cover up in the charity shop :-)
    Both of your outfits are gorgeous, but my heart lies with the first one. I'm loving the pairing of desert rose and navy.
    Oh, and it often takes me several tries to find the right necklace and other accessories with my outfits! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors in the second outfit do work. Cute outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mica, I like both outfits on you. I will have to pick up a kimono as they look great on you! I hope you have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your print kimonos and the pop of bright color of your bag really add polish to both of your casual outfits! Hope ou enjoy your weed, and thanks for the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first look is so gorgeous. I love that it is super stylish but still made it possible to run around and get things done. Those jeans are fabulous.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the pop of color your bag adds to both outfits, Mica! These are both great ways to dress up a pair of jeans.

    I hope you are having a great week so far!


    Amber


    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that purse pops perfectly (say that 3 times fast, haha), with both outfits.
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colours! It looks so pretty the way you paired them. It reminds me of the season changing and styles coming in that are exciting to see. It also makes me want to go shopping. I hope your having a great week. https://www.bauchlefashion.com/2023/05/how-to-style-golden-goose-sneakers-this.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you had a great time with your family even tho it rain on you.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  13. Los dos outfits se ven muy comodos y bonitos, saludos:D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everytime I see your Balenciaga bags, I'm reminded of how much I want one! :D And love the pairings of the bag with the outfits. It does add a pop of colour:) And yes....Converse all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jeans a tee are such a great go to, and I love how you are doing a variation on the classic blue denim and white tee. The floral tops are like short kimonos. Love both looks!!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love both of these looks but maybe the second one a bit better. I think it's because you said your bag didn't go with the first one and then I couldn't stop seeing that! I do like it as a pop of color in the second one! But you look fabulous in both outfits!

    https://marshainthemiddle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Turquoise is one of my favorite colors to accessorize with during the summer! I love how it pairs with red. Great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The turquoise in the first pattern isn't visible, but I think the issue is more the level of colour saturation - the turquoise looks faded/pastel, so it appears a little "meh" next to the saturated coral of your tee. I think a more bold turquoise or a darker shade of coral/pink would work better. It's still a great outfit, though. Love the red patterned topper!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the fun floral pattern of the second kimono! Very eye-catching!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...