Monday 12 December 2022

Colourful Tees and Maxi Skirts: Weekday Wear Link Up

Two simple outfits for today's Weekday Wear Link Up, with some different colour schemes. Both are the same outfit formula of a block colour tee and maxi skirt pairing, but using different colours and bags to make them feel more unique.


What I wore:





NecklaceRoie Designs feather, quartz and love charm long necklace
TeeCotton On deep v tee in washed desert rose
SkirtNoisy May long denim maxi skirt
Shoesslim navy and pink Havaianas
Bracelets: the usual
Bag: Mica Bag - Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB side zip tote in pale lilac hand painted by Sheila


Why I wore it:

I wore this back in spring, before the school holidays, so it was the usual school run and working from home tasks for the day, nothing exciting. I wanted to be comfortable, and this chambray maxi skirt is perfect for that. I really like the pink tee with it too, surprisingly I haven't worn the two pieces together before, even though I've gotten over 30 wears from this maxi skirt.

With the pink tee and chambray blue skirt, the floral design on this little personalised Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote bag seemed like the best pairing. While there isn't any pink in the roses I do love pink and blue and purple together.


Last worn: pink tee, feather necklace, chambray maxi skirt, Havaianas, hand painted bag.

Other ways to wearpink tee over a dress, chambray maxi skirt worn 30 ways, hand painted bag and floral dress.



My Wardrobe Room and Handbag Collection






What I wore:





Necklace: thrifted gold large double circle necklace
TopZalora Basics maroon stepped t-shirt
Skirtthrifted Tree of Life ochre maxi skirt
Shoesslim navy and pink Havaianas
Bracelets: the usual
BagMarc By Marc Jacobs Classic Q Fran bag with gold hardware in carob brown


Why I wore it:

Like the day above, it was another day of working from home and doing the school run. But after I picked the kids up in the afternoon it was an early dinner, a change of shoes for me (to something enclosed and better for stomping around a garden at night in) and a change of clothes for them into long pants as we went off to a science event. I knew I'd be too hot in jeans and wanted to make it easy for myself and wear the same thing all day, so this maxi skirt was perfect to keep my legs covered without overheating.

There was an event being run by a local environmentalist group for a big moth count as part of Brisbane's Big Butterfly count activities. It was a lot of fun for the kids, getting to hear all about moths and have some yummy snacks, and then actually go and observe the moths (and other insects) that the light boxes had attracted.

It's not the first time I've worn this rust maxi skirt with burgundy, I liked the combination in the small amounts I've tired it in before, and this was a really fun way to be a bit bolder with it. Wasn't sure what bag to wear as I needed something big enough for torches for the evening event as well as all our water bottles - this carob brown Fran bag was roomy enough and I liked the colour of it with the burgundy and rust in the outfit.


How You Can Wear It:

You can easily create a colour block outfit in your favourite colours by pairing a plain tee with a plain maxi skirt like I have in these outfits.



Weekday Wear Linkup #199


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!


Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails






Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

43 comments:

  1. The butterfly event sounds like fun! Love the second look! Such a pretty color combo!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids loved it! I got a bit over it with all the moths flying around my face, but they had a really good time!

      Delete
  2. Lovely post. I love the floral bag. Looks chic. Have a great week.

    Annie,
    Annies Food Diary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these outfit combos! The color palettes are unique and beautiful. Thanks for the link up Mica!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. An easy outfit combination that has you looking well put together. I love the first outfit combination, especially paired with that beautiful little purse. Love the spring colors in that combination too, right now being deep in winter, I see a lot of dark colors. LOL. Have a great week!

    bosbodaciousblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been wearing sweaters over dresses in the same way. I really like that second combination: the colors are unexpected.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been enjoying wearing different shades of red and orange together, it's fun to experiment with! :)

      Delete
  6. I love the burgundy and ochre together! Amazing color combo.

    Michelle
    https://funkyfashionstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maroon and rust is such an interesting combination! Of course pink + blue with the floral bag is a great look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree that a maxi can keep you covered but cooler like you said. And I love that you included a fun necklace with each look.
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these looks. I like the use of colour and print. Plus the bags look perfect.
    https://www.bauchlefashion.com/2022/12/the-new-luxury-of-anonymous-anti-it-bag.html?spref=pi&m=1

    ReplyDelete
  10. The last outfit, those colors do work together. I think about pairs like that, but I tend to chicken out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I gave it a try, it was a really fun combination to wear!

      Delete
  11. These are both so pretty, my friend! I bet the Butterfly activity was so fun for the kiddos and I think it'd be enjoyable for me too, haha!

    Hope your week is off to a great start so far. :)

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  12. Los dos outfits muy bonitos, saludos:D

    ReplyDelete
  13. so fresh! In Spain is so cold nowadays!
    Have a great week,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two perfect Summer outfits, Mica, and I'm loving both the subtle coloured first one and the fiery second one. The Big Butterfly Count event sounds interesting and lots of fun! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been good attending different science events this year as the kids get more into learning about insects!

      Delete
  15. That ochre maxi skirt is so stunning! I just love your accessories as well. Those statement necklaces look gorgeous. <3 I hope you have a fantastic week!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The butterfly event sounds like it was a lot of fun. Never thought to put orange and red together.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a fun colour combination to experiment with! :)

      Delete
  17. adorable color schemes for both outfits but you totally lost me on the bag from the first outfit. It is absolutely incredible~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! Sheila is an amazing artist, I love it so much!

      Delete
  18. The moth night sounds like so much fun for the whole family! Love your simple but stylish outfits with maxi skirts this week. The statement necklaces really add a nice touch to both. Enjoy your week and thanks for the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that marigold and burgundy colour together - the deep purple is awesome with them - it's a very "royal" feeling combo. Aw, I'm always so happy to see you wearing the bag. <3

    Thanks so much for the link-party, Mica! Here's to a good week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved the tour of your wardrobe! I think IKEA is the best when it comes to redoing a closet on a budget! I used Kallax units and a small Billy bookcase. It definitely helps to have everything out and displayed so you know what you have, right? I really like the rust and burgundy together. It's one of my favorite combinations!

    https://marshainthemiddle.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love how simple Ikea made it to design my wardrobe, it was a lot of fun and my uncle was so helpful at installing it all for me!

      Delete
  21. I love the second outfit color combo! So pretty. And how beautiful is that RM hand painted bag! I hope your week is off to a great start and happy Monday!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I especially like the rich fall colors you paired together in your second outfit! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love a maxi and you wear yours so well. They work really well in the summer do t they xx Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  24. bag's designs are beautiful.... love it

    ReplyDelete
  25. That Big Butterfly event sounds awesome, Mica! That's great you guys were able to go. And love love love the burgundy top with that rust skirt. Imma stealing that colour combo:D
    Hope you're having a great day/night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, steal away! It's a fun colour combination to wear!

      Delete
  26. Love these outfits combination. All look great. Especially Zalora basics Maroon stepped t-shirt and thrifted tree of life ochre maxi skirt combination looks perfect. Thanks for the review. Happy December Dear friend! Greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really like how this outfit is simple yet stylish and foolproof. And the combination of colors you've got working really amp up the visual interest.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Me gusta la falda azul, te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Me gusta la falda azul te mando un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Both outfits are lovely. The color combos you chose work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Both outfits are so elegant, Mica! I would love to get maxi skirts soon:)
    The personalised bag is so you! Have a lovely day<3

    akiko
    https://kimonosnack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I really like the rust and burgundy combo; those are two colors that I don't often think of pairing together.

    ReplyDelete
  33. The pink and blue is so cute together, and your gorgeous painted bag is just the cherry on top! Your boys must have loved the science night and all things bugs! I... would have been trying to find a way out of that one, haha! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely one of those events we went to just for them - I didn't spend as much time in the lights as I thought I would as I quickly got over the moths flying all around my face, haha!

      Delete
  34. Thank you for your comments, and for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...