Thursday 6 October 2022

Cardigans and Culottes With Rebecca Minkoff Edie Bag

Can't believe it's October already! While I have made a start on some Christmas shopping and covered off the basic things I get every year like clothes and books, I always like to get some fun things just to make people smile. Gifts like a custom pet portrait of our dog Cooper for my husband, and a cuddly little mantis for my insect loving son. I find gifts for dog lovers so fun to shop for, one year I got my husband custom pet socks with Cooper's face on them that were adorable! My kids have a couple dog tees, and cuddly toys, and of course I have a couple of necklaces with our dog's little fuzzy silhouette on them. 

I'm looking forward to Cooper's portrait arriving as it will look so good next to a Shih Tzu print my mum gifted us a couple years back for our new house. I've also been buying a few things for myself while shopping for others, like this handbag.


What I wore:

pink tee navy waterfall cardigan printed culotte shorts edie shoulder bag | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff Edie regular shoulder bag in Luna blue | awayfromtheblue


Jacket: Jeanswest waterfall drape cardigan in navy night sky marle
Necklace: Kmart silver long circle pendant necklace
TeeCotton On deep v tee in washed desert rose
Short: Kmart culotte short in navy lemon print
Shoes: Converse Chuck Taylor All Star low in white
BagRebecca Minkoff Edie regular shoulder bag in Luna blue


Why I wore it:

This was a busy day! Just the usual working from home, but also doing parent teacher interviews with the kids teachers in the afternoon. It was a mix of in-classroom and over the phone interviews, so I wanted to be comfortable but not too casually dressed for the in-person ones. I have worn this pink tee with these Kmart culottes before, I really like the pink and navy together. I felt the navy waterfall cardigan made it a little more formal than just the shorts and the tee alone, and was a good cosy layer for the afternoon meetings as well when it got cooler. And it was extremely comfortable for working from home - I spent my lunch break browsing a few more online shopping sites looking for the perfect Christmas gifts!

While there is some lighter blue in the print on the culottes, it doesn't really match the darker Luna blue of the Edie shoulder bag. I still thought it was a good accessory with everything though, this bag just goes so well with other shades of blue.


Last worn: navy waterfall cardigan, pink tee, circle necklace, Kmart printed culottes, Converse, Rebecca Minkoff Edie shoulder bag.

Other ways to wearnavy waterfall cardigan worn 30 ways, pink tee and maxi skirt, Kmart printed culottes with lilac, Converse and dress, Rebecca Minkoff Edie shoulder bag with pink.

Perfect for pregnancywhite Converse Chucks in second trimester.


My Blue Handbag Collection:







What I wore:


kmart printed culotte shorts with white tee mustard cardigan sneakers and edie handbag | awayfromtheblue

mustard yellow cardigan with Rebecca Minkoff Edie regular shoulder bag in Luna blue | awayfromblue



Jacket: thrifted SES Fashions mustard yellow cardigan
Necklace: Uniquely Made with Love Sea Change necklace
TeeCotton On The One Deep V tee in marle nep white body black 
Shorts: thrifted Kmart pastel soft culotte shorts in floral print
ShoesAdidas Stan Smith sneakers in white and navy
BagRebecca Minkoff Edie regular shoulder bag in Luna blue


Why I wore it:

Since I liked the outfit formula above so much, I repeated it again! This time a white v-neck tee, with another pair of Kmart printed culotte shorts. I thrifted these a while back for just $1, such a lucky find. The mustard yellow cardigan was an opshop find too! I wore it to keep cosy on the school run and while working from home, and also to be noticeable when surprising my kids at a performance at school. It was so hot though, squished in the crowd of parents watching, that I ended up having to take my cardigan off. Had to wave quite a bit until the boys saw me but they were so happy when they noticed me in the crowd.

Unlike the outfit above, there isn't an abundance of navy that makes the outfit look more coordinated, but I still feel everything goes together well. The pastel shorts look so good with the blue Rebecca Minkoff Edie bag. The white tee and mustard yellow cardigan, while they also don't match, just flowed nicely with everything else.


Last worn: mustard cardigan, beaded necklace, white tee, pastel culottes, Stan Smith sneakers, Rebecca Minkoff Edie bag.

Other ways to wearmustard cardigan and printed tank, white tee and blazer, pastel culottes with lilac, Stan Smith sneakers and dress, Rebecca Minkoff Edie bag and orange maxi skirt.


How You Can Wear It:

Shorts and tee is a staple for warmer weather. For those in-between seasons, you can try adding a cosy and colourful cardigan on top, before spring temperatures really arrive.




This post was created in partnership with Responsival. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

40 comments:

  1. You look stunning Mica. I always admire your styling. Wonderful Post! Have a great day!
    Rampdiary | Fineartandyou | Beautyandfashionfreaks 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love pink + blue, but the white + grey + mustard combo here really caught my eye - unique and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mustard always pops so well with neutrals!

      Delete
  3. Both pairs of shorts are so cute and I really love how you styled them! <3


    http://www.couture-case.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pairings are always spot on. I do love a pink/navy combination. I think it was smart to add the cardigan to add a bit of formality to the outfit. You weren't too casual nor too overdressed for your meetings.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a nice way to uplift a casual shorts and tee outfit a little :)

      Delete
  5. Nice outfits for warmer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying to start on Christmas gifts as well. I was able to get some great things on sale recently that I'm excited to gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I find starting early gives me a chance to spot the best sales!

      Delete
  7. Me encanto el primer outfit, saludos:D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great bag! your collection looks amazing x
    Maria xx
    https://www.elegantduchess.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice ideas! Thanks for sharing.
    I invite you to visit my last post. Have a good week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice ideas. Thanks for sharing.
    I invite you to visit my last post. Have a good week-end!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the prints of both of these shorts!
    Pet portraits are such a great gift idea. I got a funny one for my sister as a housewarming gift! :)
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a great housewarming gift! I can't wait to see hubby's reaction when he unwraps his for Christmas!

      Delete
  12. It's definitely hard to believe that it is October already. Normally, I have a lot of Christmas shopping done by now, but this year, I am feeling behind. (Which I know sounds ridiculous, since it is October!) I love both of these outfits. The mustard yellow cardigan is such a great piece. That colour looks incredible on you.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you can get caught up soon! I like to try have everything organised by December so that I can just relax and enjoy the Christmas season - and avoid the stores, haha!

      Delete
  13. I really like how the purse doesn't match everything in both outfits Mica. It looks great. Good for you for thinking about holiday gifts already,
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's the same bag in both outfits?! I checked the colour (Luna blue) to make sure! It totally looks different. I do love both outfits, but those are not culottes, darlin' - culottes are below-the-knee. :) You're wearing shorts.

    Have a wonderful weekend, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's such a versatile colour that's kinda blue, kinda grey, and really works with so many outfits as it never looks the same twice! I love it!

      Delete
  15. Such a beautiful shorts Mica! You are so gorgeous.Have a great weekend.
    https://chicchedimamma.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah, I see it's that time of year when your country is starting to warm up again just when ours is cooling down. We had our first killing frost last night. Cute spring outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A cuddly little mantis! That is so perfect for your son! :D I love the cheery yellow of that cardigan, and, as always, your Edie bag is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot wait to see his reaction when he opens it - I'm really excited for it!

      Delete
  18. Both shorts are so super cute! I love the colors and the different patterns. Hope you guys have a great weekend!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  19. As always you are much more stylish than I ever manage. Cardis and culottes wouldn't be welcome here yet though. We have a feels like temperature in single digits at nearly lunch time here.
    Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sempre simpática e bem apetrechada.
    Friendly hug.
    Juvenal Nunes

    ReplyDelete
  21. That bag is so cute, love it!

    Kisses,

    http://www.theartofpaloma.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm impressed because I always make Christmas gifts at the last minute. Maybe this year I will follow in your footsteps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to shop in advance to plan out the best bargains and also so I can relax and enjoy December without the shopping stress!

      Delete
  23. You look great :) thanks for your sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your culottes / cardigan formula! Both outfits are fantastic.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Three lovely looks Mica. My favourite is the yellow cardigan, perfect for spring. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That awesome you started your Christmas shopping. I haven't even thought of doing it yet. I still have to get my daughter a birthday gift.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have fun shopping for your daughter's birthday :)

      Delete
  27. Oh, the yellow and grey look so pretty together: it just gave me an idea of an outfit for next week: I wanted to wear my grey kimono: I will pair a yellow blouse under!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks all for your lovely comments!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...