Monday 8 May 2023

Matching Handbags With Prints, Denim Skirts And Tees | Weekday Wear Link Up

I was eager to wear my two new-to-me thrifted cover ups right away! Both featuring busy, colourful prints I decided to wear them with simple tees and denim skirts, and match my handbags to the colours in the prints.


What I wore:

Cotton On maroon wanderlust floral border cover up with purple tee white denim skirt playdate outfit | awayfromtheblue

Rebecca Minkoff MAB crossbody with studs in desert rose | awayfromblue


Jacket: thrifted Cotton On maroon wanderlust floral border cover up (new opshop find)
Necklace: thrifted metallic clay bead necklace (new opshop find)
TeeAtmos&Here rolled sleeve oversized tee in wine
Skirt: Target classic denim skirt in white
Shoesslim navy and pink Havaianas
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff MAB crossbody with studs in desert rose


Why I wore it:

When I spotted this cover up in the racks at the opshop I thought it looked so familiar - I have the exact same one in a navy print! Had to get this maroon one too. I thought of wearing it with this purple tee right away. While it doesn't match the print as well as I thought it would, with the tee being more purple and the background being more maroon, I really liked the two pieces together. The white denim skirt was an easy matchy-matchy choice, along with this Rebecca Minkoff desert rose studded MAB crossbody bag that matches the peach in the leaf print really well I felt.

Loved the colours in this outfit, and it was nice and light for a very fun school holiday playdate at the park with the kids on such a sunny day.


Last worn: purple tee, white denim skirt, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff studded MAB crossbody bag. First time I've worn the printed cover up and beaded necklace on the blog as they are both recent opshop finds.

Other ways to wearpurple tee and jeans, white denim skirt with pink, Rebecca Minkoff studded MAB crossbody bag and floral dress.

Perfect for pregnancypurple tee in second trimester.


More Ways To Wear Colourful Handbags:




What I wore:

thrifted outfit zig zag printed cover up matching aqua bag distressed denim skirt white tee | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC in aquamarine with python embossed leather  | awayfromtheblue


Jacket: thrifted Cotton On navy zig zag cover up (new opshop find)
Necklace: thrifted flat navy statement bead necklace
TeeCotton On The One Deep V tee in marle nep white body black
SkirtNobody Denim Piper vacation skirt in black distressed denim
ShoesNew Balance Coast women's running shoe in black 
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAC in aquamarine with python embossed leather 


Why I wore it:

I have quote a lot of blue based cover ups in my wardrobe, but I could not resist this one when I saw it on the racks at the opshop! I knew with the turquoise in the print it would be so fun to wear with some of the turquoise accessories in my wardrobe. Although this little aqua mini MAC bag didn't quite pull out the colour from the print as much as I hoped it would, I really like the extra colour it added to this outfit.

The necklace was a find on the same opshop trip! I have a few of these flat beaded necklaces now, and with blue being my favourite colour, this one is quickly becoming a staple. It was a perfect match with the print and I liked the navy together with the black distressed denim skirt.

Nice and easy outfit for the school run and working from home.


Last worn: white tee, distressed denim skirt, New Balance sneakers, aqua mini MAC bag. First time I've worn the navy cover up and the navy flat bead necklace as they are both recent opshop finds.

Other ways to wearwhite tee and jeans, distressed denim skirt and sequins, aqua mini MAC bag and maxi dress.

Perfect for pregnancyaqua mini MAC bag in second trimester.




Weekday Wear Linkup #219


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!


Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails





Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

18 comments:

  1. Both of these outfits are super cute! Your kimonos are so pretty and such great finds!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of these kimono skirt looks Mica! I tried to link up but couldn't do it. It wouldn't accept my image for some reason. I have trouble sometime with Linkz. Have a great week!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimonos are so fun to add interest to summer outfits! Love how lightweight they are.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. A kimono is such a great alternative to a cardigan or a lightweight jacket. Now I am kind of wishing I hadn't gotten rid of mine. LOL. Is it still pretty warm there?

    bosbodaciousblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mica, I love both outfits on you. I like the pretty kimonos too. I hope you have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You find the cutest print kimonos! Both these outfits turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both of your print kimono and denim skirt outfits! You make the most stellar finds at opshops. Hope you enjoy your week and thanks for hosting the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's hilarious that you bought a kimono with the same print of one you already had. It goes to show you really like it.
    Love the looks and great deals Mica,
    OXOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That maroon floral top is beautiful!

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com
    OnRockwoodLane.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are great kimonos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are the queen of layering kimonos, Mica! How funny that you found the exact style you already have and love in a different color--it was meant to be. =)

    I hope you are having a great week so far!


    Amber


    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of these outfits are fabulous, Mica! I couldn't pick a favorite, that's for sure! I love how polished you look with matching your bag to your tops!

    https://marshainthemiddle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like both of those new coverups and can see why you were excited to wear them. They look fantastic on you!

    Michelle
    https://funkyfashionstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's great to see your new purchases in action, my favourite being the first outfit, the purple of the tee and the maroon of the cover-up's print being a match made in heaven! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both the cover ups look fab, Mica! You find the best items at opshops!:) And I love the addition of the turquoise bag in the second outfit. Such a great pop of colour.
    I finally found a thrift store close to us that has good items so I'm excited to browse there in the future. Your posts are such great inspo for thrift shopping:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those kimonos! The first one is especially gorgeous. I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That floral cover up is so so pretty! It's great that you were able to find one you already love in a different colour. And I love the second cover up as well. The pattern is gorgeous! You always find the most incredible pieces.

    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are the queen of kimonos. Have a great week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...