Wednesday 17 July 2024

Jeans, Cosy Knits and Luna Blue Edie Bag

With colder winter days in Queensland, I've pulled out some of my warmer winter knits to keep me cosy!


What I wore:




JacketRebecca Minkoff Ruana poncho
Necklace: mixed metal hammered pendant necklace
TeeAtmos & Here Avery marle tee in navy
Jeans: thrifted Jeanswest faded black cropped butt lifter jeans
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff Edie regular shoulder bag in Luna blue


Why I wore it:

I really like this knitted poncho. It's too warm to wear most of the year in Brisbane, but on this chilly winter day it was perfect! Just like a snuggly blanket it kept me warm for working from home, and then in the afternoon when we had some errands to run and a birthday present to buy for my son's friend.

With the pretty pattern on this poncho I stuck to neutral pieces underneath with this navy tee and the black skinny jeans and black Converse, I added a little more colour with another shade of blue from this Rebecca Minkoff Luna blue Edie bag, that goes with everything!
This was a cold morning that was threatening rain and I was honestly tempted to stay inside all day! I'd booked the kids in for a couple of school holiday events though so we braved the chill and wrapped up warmly. Got a lot of fun photos too, with a wildlife show (even the lizards had their own hot water bottle!) and then a coding event at the library.

This red waterfall drape cardigan is one that can be buttoned up on the shoulders. Great for breastfeeding in winter and using as a cover up, it also turns into a cosy wrap tunic if you just button up both sides. It's the first time I've worn this red one like this (although I've done it with the navy version of this cardigan before) and I really liked this. I skipped the scarf and added statement earrings instead to dress this up a little, but the cheerful red of this cardigan makes enough of a statement on its own.

Paired it with my dark grey jeans, and again the black Converse and Luna blue Edie shoulder bag.


Last worn: red waterfall cardigan, statement earrings, grey jeans, black Converse (above), Rebecca Minkoff Luna blue Edie bag (above).
 
Other ways to wearred waterfall cardigan and printed jeans, grey jeans with pink, black Converse and dress, Rebecca Minkoff Luna blue Edie bag and shorts.

Perfect for pregnancyConverse in second trimester,



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

4 comments:

  1. I'm wondering exactly how cold it was on that chilly winter's day. Quite possibly, we've been having similar temperatures in Summer :-)
    Loving the poncho and the buttoned up waterfall cardigan. The pop of red against the grey is fabulous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first outfit is a great example of mixing black and navy. The hammered necklace really adds a lot to the look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are staying warm and cozy! That poncho is SO cute. How wonderful that you were able to wear it on a chilly day. That drape cardigan is gorgeous. What a beautiful item!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So great that you had a lovely outing with kids, even if it was chilly.
    Love that shade of orange on you.
    You look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...