Friday 17 May 2024

Metallic Gold Tee Worn 2 Ways

I bought this gold linen tee at the outlets recently - I couldn't pass by how shiny it was, and for just $10! I'm finding it a little tricker to style than I first thought. I figured with metallic being a neutral it would work with everything, but so far I've just worn it with pink and blue.


What I wore:




Necklace: Jeanswest Taryn turquoise tassel bead necklace
Tee: Just Jeans Jamie shirt tail v neck tee in coated champagne gold (new purchase)
SkirtCotton On 'Mica' mesh spot skirt in dusty pink
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
Bracelets: the usual
BagBalenciaga First bag in 2006 Blue India


Why I wore it:

Thought I'd pair this tee with my pink polka dot pencil skirt for its first wear. I like tees and pencil skirts for office wear, it works in my casual office. I felt the metallic tee and the pale pastel pink polka dot pencil skirt seemed a little washed out, even with the black Converse, so I added some brighter turquoise accessories.

The matchy-matchy of the turquoise Balenciaga first bag and the turquoise and gold tassel necklace made me smile. I always love a bit of matchy-matchy!


Last worn: turquoise tassel necklace, pink polka dot pencil skirt, black Converse, Balenciaga Blue India first bag. First time I've worn the tee as it's a recent purchase.

Other ways to wearpink polka dot pencil skirt and blazer, black Converse and jeans, Balenciaga Blue India first bag and maxi skirt.

Perfect for pregnancypink polka dot skirt in first trimesterConverse in second trimester.





What I wore:




Jacket: thrifted Jeanswest cobalt blue blazer (new purchase)
Necklace: thrifted pastel pink and wooden hexagon bead necklace
Tee: Just Jeans Jamie shirt tail v neck tee in coated champagne gold
Jeans: thrifted Zara pink frayed hem skinny jeans
Shoes: thrifted white leather Chuck Taylor All Star Converse sneakers (new purchase)
Bracelets: the usual 
BagRebecca Minkoff Love Too in deep teal croc embossed leather


Why I wore it:

Another trip into the office for this metallic gold tee! This time, while I wore it again with pink, I covered it up a bit more with the blazer. Both the pink jeans and the cobalt blue blazer are recent opshop finds, as are the white leather Converse. I added a little more pink with the neutral wood and blush necklace, but I think a bolder necklace would have worked better here, it got lost in the tee a bit.

The pink jeans and cobalt blue blazer certainly added enough colour to make up for the lack of brightness in the necklace though, and I really liked this outfit! While the deep teal Rebecca Minkoff Love Too bag doesn't match any of the other colours in my outfit, I've been wearing this bag a lot recent and think that - just like it does in this outfit - it goes with so much.


Last worn: blush necklace, gold tee (above), pink frayed hem jeans, Rebecca Minkoff Love Too bag. First time I've worn the blazer and Converse on the blog as they are recent opshop finds.

Other ways to wearcobalt blazer worn two ways, pink frayed hem jeans with black, Rebecca Minkoff Love Too bag and skirt.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

2 comments:

  1. It is SUCH a fun top and I absolutely love seeing the different ways you've styled it. Both outfits are fabulous from head to toe!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That gold shirt is awesome.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...