Friday 19 July 2024

Knits and Maxi Skirts

Making some of my maxi skirts work in Brisbane's winter by adding some cosy knitted jumpers on top for colourful winter outfits.


What I wore:



Earrings: gold heart and pearl earrings
Necklace: double circle hammered pendant necklace
Knit: thrifted Forever 21 wine ribbed knit jumper
Skirtthrifted Tree of Life ochre maxi skirt
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
Bracelets: the usual
BagMIMCO Mim-Mazing crossbody bag in black and light gold


Why I wore it:

This was a fun weekend day! I thought it might have been a bit too chilly to wear this maxi skirt but with the thick burgundy ribbed knit jumper on top, I felt nice and warm. I've worn the ochre maxi skirt with reds and burgundy shades before, I really like the combination and I loved this darker wine coloured burgundy knit against the orange, especially with the black and gold accessories.

We had a few errands to run in the morning, my son had some birthday gift cards to spend as he had picked what he wanted to use the cards on, so we did that and then took Bonnie to her last puppy training class. She graduated, very proud of her! She was surrendered twice to the shelter before we adopted her so it's awesome to see how much she is learning and growing with us.


Last worn: burgundy knit, heart and pearl earrings, double circle necklace, ochre maxi skirt, black Converse, Mimco Mim-Mazing crossbody bag.

Other ways to wearburgundy knit and leopard print, ochre maxi skirt and cami, black Converse and dress, Mimco Mim-Mazing crossbody bag and jeans.

Perfect for pregnancyConverse in second trimester.





What I wore:




Earrings: Kmart pink resin teardrop statement earrings
ScarfAlexander McQueen modal skull scarf in white/pink
Knit: thrifted Valleygirl blue knit jumper
Skirt: thrifted ruffle hem leopard print midi skirt 
ShoesAdidas Superstar sneakers
Bracelets: the usual
BagBalenciaga RH classic city in 2010 sorbet


Why I wore it:

Another warm but colourful outfit! I wasn't sure if the cobalt marle knit and leopard print maxi skirt and pink skull scarf was too busy of an outfit all together, but I did really like the matching pink of the scarf and bag with this so gave it a go. I probably wouldn't wear the scarf and skirt together again, as it's a lot of print, but I'm glad I gave it a try at least.

Again it was a chilly and windy day, this cobalt knit was a great topper over the leopard print maxi skirt and I was warm for the school run, working from home, and then taking the kids out for a quick errand after school pick up.

3 comments:

  1. I really like both of these maxi skirts stylings. The accessories are perfect, too! Wonderful bags...and I like that A.M skull scarf! Great outfits, stylish and comfy.:)
    The leopard skirt looks great paired with blue....and seeing that blue is your favourite colour, this is an outfit formula you might want to keep. It looks fantastic on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both outfits are much to my liking, Mica - and actually something I might wear in a Belgian winter too :-) My favourite is the first one, with its unexpected mix of ochre and wine! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color combo of that first look!! You have me wishing for sweater weather in the middle of a heatwave, haha

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...