Wednesday 21 June 2023

Textured Jackets and Tiered Dresses

Making the most of warmer winter days in Brisbane by layering up some lighter dresses with a couple of heavier jackets to combat the chill in the mornings and evenings. These Kmart tiered midi dresses are wardrobe staples for me, and something I've had on frequent repeat in the warmer weather. With the addition of some textured jackets, they work into winter too.


What I wore:


Rebecca Minkoff Edie regular shoulder bag in Luna blue


Jacket: Jeanswest Cassandra jacquard jacket
Necklace: thrifted metallic clay bead necklace
Dress: Kmart short sleeve tiered jersey dress in Fuchsia
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in white
BagRebecca Minkoff Edie regular shoulder bag in Luna blue


Why I wore it:

Wore this to celebrate mother's day with the family. In the afternoon we headed down the coast for a pizza night at my parents. It was a lot of fun! This bright fuchsia pink tiered midi dress is a firm favourite of mine, and I love how it looks with blue, so the blue beaded necklace and quilted Edie shoulder bag were obvious pairings with it. Because we were having dinner and I knew it would be colder at night, I wore this jacquard jacket that hadn't been worn in a while. I liked the texture and stripes against the plain block colour of the dress. 

Comfortable Converse for the drive down the coast too.


Last worn: jacquard jacket, fuchsia tiered midi dress, beaded necklace, white Converse, Rebecca Minkoff Edie shoulder bag.

Other ways to wearjacquard jacket and jeans, fuchsia tiered midi dress with yellow, white Converse and skirt, Rebecca Minkoff Edie shoulder bag and printed jeans.

Perfect for pregnancyjacquard jacket in third trimesterConverse in second trimester.





What I wore:


orange and black with Rebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC | awayfromtheblue



Jacket: Jeanswest Dixie collarless jacket
Necklace: Kmart black and gold double strand beaded necklace
Dress: Kmart short sleeve tiered jersey midi dress in amber 
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff metallic silver mini MAC


Why I wore it:

Since I liked the outfit above so much, I pulled out one of my other Kmart tiered midi dresses to recreate a similar look, again with Converse, and another textured jacket from my wardrobe. With the black necklace, black Converse and black jacket, I wasn't sure the orange dress was the best choice at first. I always worry too much orange and black together is Halloween-ish. But I ended up really liking this outfit. 

It was a school run and work from home day, so I only needed to carry this little Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC bag for all my essentials. I liked the neutral silver against the orange dress too.


Last worn: boucle jacket, beaded necklace, orange tiered midi dress, Converse, Rebecca Minkoff silver mini MAC.

Other ways to wearboucle jacket and pencil skirt, orange tiered midi dress and denim jacket, Converse and shorts, Rebecca Minkoff silver mini MAC and jeans.

Perfect for pregnancyboucle jacket in second trimesterConverse in second trimesterRebecca Minkoff silver mini MAC bag in third trimester.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

13 comments:

  1. Love the combo of these blazer and dresses! I also like the mixture of neutral and bold colors.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tiered dresses really are seasonless and can do just about anything. I really like the bright fuschia - you know me and pink of course - but it is so cheery! Pizza night at your parents sounds like a great way to celebrate Mother's Day!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pizza night with the family sound like fun! These two tiered dresses really are very versatile in any season. What great buys they were! Love the cropped jackets layered over them for the changeable weather throughout the day. Hope you have a good week, and thanks for the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you are adding layer to make you summer dress work for the colder months.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  5. Inspired by you, I recently acquired a long flowy orange crinkly-textured dress - now I just have to (impatiently) wait for the temps to get warmer! I think your winter is not very cold - I'd wear these jackets any time of year, but as part of my outfit, not as outerwear! :D

    I love both outfits, but the 2nd one really works for me - the texture of the black jacket looks so good, and the silvery-grey of your Mini Mac bag pulls it out of Hallowe'en territory. Love that you wore both outfits with your Cons!

    Your pizza party sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Orange and black work together all year long :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love tiered dresses. They are so beautiful and can work for so many occasions. Both colors are perfection! The pink is so fun and the amber is making me want it to be fall season already!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love tiered dresses. They are so beautiful and can work for so many occasions. Both colors are perfection! The pink is so fun and the amber is making me want it to be fall season already!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful way to celebrate Mother's Day! I like both of these jackets. I don't recognize that first one, but it's fun.

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com
    OnRockwoodLane.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love both the looks Mica. The textured jackets look lovely. I have been very busy these days and so much less time to blog and do anything else. Hope you and your family are doing fine and well. Today we saw the Spider verse movie. It was amazing. :-)

    Via | https://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are rocking these dresses! I love the bright colors on you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your mothers day outfit! So cute! It sounds like it was a really great dinner. That jacket is fantastic. Love the second look as well. Another fabulous jacket! You have amazing style.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Mica, I hope everything is going well on your side!

    First of all I hope you had a fantastic Mother's Day! I love the outfit you picked for this great day and how you showed us two different versions but with different colors and textures! My favorite one is the first since I love this shade of hot pink :) I think it is perfect to create a staple since it is a powerful color *_*

    Take care and enjoy the winter in Australia!

    Pablo
    www.HeyFungi.com

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...