Friday 5 October 2018

Skinny Jeans, Bright Tanks and Kimonos With Colourful Rebecca Minkoff Bags

Spring weather means kimono weather for me! I'm wearing really simple outfits below with bright tanks and skinny jeans, you know I love my simple outfit formulas. I also love how the addition of a kimono makes a simple outfit a little more interesting.

What I wore:

Rebecca Minkoff ruana poncho with grey skinny jeans mustard tank and bag dinner outfit | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue instagram | rebecca minkoff ruana poncho kimono frey skinny jeans mustard yellow regan bag
JacketRebecca Minkoff Ruana poncho
NecklaceZuriCollections blue polymer clay necklace
TankJeanswest Maya gather back tank in chartreuse
JeansJeanswest Cecile dove grey skinny jeans
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats
BagRebecca Minkoff micro Regan satchel in Harvest Gold

Why I wore it:

This was a last minute thrown together outfit. We'd had a quiet day, with the overcast and rainy weather, and then got an invitation in the afternoon to go out for dinner that evening. I picked my brightest tank to offset the gloomy evening. It's not the first time I've worn this mustard tank and bag together, it's a combination I love even though the shades of yellow don't match exactly.

With the mustard tank and bag, I kept everything else in the outfit neutral. I really loved this kimono with the grey skinny jeans. Everytime I wear them together (like here) I always like the resulting outfit. No exception this time around, again I loved this. I appreciated that this kimono is really just a giant blanket so it kept me cosy when we stepped out of the restaurant at the end of the night!


Last worn: Rebecca Minkoff poncho, mustard yellow tank, grey skinny jeans, silver ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag.

Other ways to wearRebecca Minkoff poncho worn two ways, mustard yellow tank in the office, grey skinny jeans and navy top, silver ballet flats and pencil skirt, Rebecca Minkoff micro Regan bag with green.

Perfect for pregnancysilver ballet flats in third trimester.


My Rebecca Minkoff Handbag Collection:






What I wore:

turquoise tank, purple skinny jeans and bag with navy floral kimono, playgroup style | away from blue

Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum with faux fur pom pom | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue instagram | playgroup spring skinny jeans converse and floral kimono outfit
Jacket:  Cotton On 'Gemma' cocoon kimono in Laos blossom navy print
Necklace: Uniquely Made with Love Sea Change necklace
TankJeanswest Maya gather back tank in mid turquoise
JeansJeanswest blackberry super skinny jeans
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in plum

Why I wore it:

There must be something about these jeans! Once again I unsuspectingly wore them to playgroup, where ti was another messy play day. I did really well, watching the boys from a distance and keeping fairly clean until right at the very end. The boys were playing with pigs in 'mud' (cornflour, cocoa and water) and apparently the pigs liked to cannon ball in from great heights. I wasn't standing far enough back so got a bit splashed.

I didn't mind myself and the boys were soaked through as due to the cocoa it all smelled quite lovely, haha! We got some strange looks in Woolies grabbing groceries on the way home later though!

Messy morning aside, I really liked this outfit! These purple pants are frequently worn with blue, and I loved the bright tank with the darker purple. With the bright blue tank, navy floral kimono and purple mini MAB tote bag, I really liked all of the colours in this outfit. It felt so spring-like!


Last worn: navy cocoon kimono, blue tank, purple skinny jeans, Converse, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote.

Other ways to wearfloral kimono and stripes, blue tank in the office, purple skinny jeans and ombre knit, Converse for exploring Sydney, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote and maxi skirt.

Perfect for pregnancynavy cocoon kimono at 39 weeks, purple skinny jeans in first trimester, Converse for second trimester travel, Rebecca Minkoff mini MAB tote in second trimester.


Bright Tanks Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

Add some colour to your outfit with a plain but colourful tank! It's so easy to wear with jeans to add an extra touch of colour to your look. If you're unsure how to wear a bright tank, try pairing it with neutral layers like in the first outfit. You can go bold and pair it with other complementary colours like the second outfit if you prefer.


Linking up With Friday Faves, Lizzie In Lace, Sunday Reflections, Shoe & Tell, Modest Monday On Mondays We Link Up, Start The Week Stylish, Fun Fashion, Weekend Wear.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

68 comments:

  1. These outfits are perfect for Spring, Mica! I love the colour combo in both looks, but I especially like the second outfit! I love how your top and jeans tie in so well with your pretty kimono. I love how your bag matches your outfit in both looks, too. Hope you have a great weekend, Mica! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha! I love kimonos in Spring :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Friday and Happy Spring! I absolutely adore both looks. Kimonos are fresh ways to layer an outfit especially while the weather is not too hot. That third piece pulls even the simplest outfit together perfectly.

    Well I pray you and your family have a wonderful weekend. I plan to do some landscaping work in my yard. ..well maybe supervise the process..haha:) ..and hopefully play some tennis.

    Tiff
    Http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tiff! Sounds like you have a wonderful weekend planned!

      Delete
  3. Loving the kimono, especially on the yellow and some cute bags you got there.
    www.sophieatieno.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You wear the most beautiful colors ever, great style Mica!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both outfits look great darling! Have a fabulous weekend!

    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all the brights paired with dark! Always a good way to switch things up! I'm usually darks with darks, haha...I should start throwing in a bright top every now and then
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fun way to change up an outfit a little! :)

      Delete
  7. I love that you have purple jeans like this Mica!! I bet they are a fun color to pair with so many others!!
    And your bright purses are enviable!!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great outfit formula. Kimonos are always a fun outer layer and it's great how you can interchange the components for different looks. Happy weekend Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are a great layer in the warmer weather!

      Delete
  9. Heehee...boys will be boys, eh? Anyhoo, love both these outfits:) I do agree that kimonos do add something to outfits. Your colour combos are bang on as always.
    Have a great weekend, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really can't say what outfit I liked more, since the colours in both are simply perfect. I love how you paired the bright yellow top with a mustard bag, I think those two shades of shadow match really well. I do agree that a pop of yellow is the perfect way to add some colour to the rainy day. I also agree that a kimono (or a long cardigan) is a great way to make an outfit more interesting and chic. An ideal way to layer an outfit. The second outfit is lovely as well. The shades of purple match so nicely. You look great in both outfits. Have a great weekend! Today is teacher's day so I have a day off and I can enjoy an extra long weekend:).

    https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivana :) Hope you enjoyed your long weekend!

      Delete
  11. Oh I love your Rebecca Minkoff kimono! And I agree - they really are a great layer for adding some visual interest without making you too warm!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooo I love both colors! Both of these outfits are amazing!

    Lizzie
    www.lizzieinlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Friday to you! You always know how to style up an outfit so effortlessly Mica and those fitted jeans are gorgeous.

    Your love for Rebecca Minkoff is very clear in your blog posts and I can see why, they really are lovely and the perfect accessory!

    Sending love and prayers of comfort your way!

    Laura xo
    #SheHearts
    www.shehearts.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I do love Rebecca Minkoff accessories, haha!

      Delete
  14. Love the mustard and navy today. Your the queen of styling kimono's. I so need to wear mine more. Have a great weekend.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! Hope this can inspire you to wear yours :)

      Delete
  15. I absoloutely love how bright your outfits are Mica! You're definitely inspiring me to try some coloured jeans as I love your blackberry choice, such a subtle difference but so much nicer than boring blue jeans I wear most days!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could inspire you! It's a nice change from the standard blue jeans!

      Delete
  16. I like your outfit formula! And no wonder you loved both looks! I think yellow with grey is always fantastic and I love also the colour combination of the second look. You definitely know how to style effortless but super stylish and cool!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. There is just no way to stay clean with kids around playing, i have given up trying. Oh, and I finally bought a kimono, totally influenced by you!

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it the kimono that was in your video? It's so pretty! :)

      Delete
  18. I agree with Anne, there is no way to stay clean with kids playing outside. LOL!

    Shireen⎜Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great post and outfit! :)
    Have a nice weekend! :)

    Check my new post:
    www.minniearts.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. That first outfit is so cute! Kuddos for getting it together on a whim!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fabulous color jeans! And that tee is perfect on it! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love how u style the kimono with the tanktop and jeans. Simple and casual 💕

    torichux3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the bright tanks in both of the looks. The way they bring light to the whole look!
    Lovely outfits!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. The loveeed the first look so awesome
    www.stylebasket.in

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love both of your outfits! I actually have a really similar kimono to your first one...I never thought to pair it with mustard colors before. That is a fantastic idea. I'm going to have to try that now. Thank you for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could inspire you and give you the idea! :)

      Delete
  26. Love both kimonos! That first color combo is my fave. I adore the boho chic vibe.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. kimono always a to go wear
    Thank you for sharing
    new post
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2018/10/adidas-run70s-b96561-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  28. You always pair your bags well with your clothes, the mustard with that kimono, the purple with those jeans... you nail it everytime! Even though it's not Fall for you, I get a Fall sense in your looks here! Very pretty!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorna! It was a cooler start to spring for sure!

      Delete
  29. Love the purple look, such a cute colour and it really suits you!

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh! I really like the mustard shades in the first look; it's such an Autumnal colour and yet one I absolutely don't wear often enough. You look lovely! Hope you're having a great weekend so far babe :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great looks, Mica. A kimono is a great piece to dress up any simple outfit. I love the yellow tank and bag, as well as the purple jeans and bag. Wonderful combinations for your spring weather. Hope you are having a lovely weekend. - Amy
    http://stylingrannymama.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. I so want a Rebecca Minkoff bag, these look gorgeous especially the mustard coloured one for Autumn xx

    Gemma • Gemma Etc . ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they are definitely worth the splurge! :)

      Delete
  33. I love how your outfits are always perfectly colour-coordinated Mica! Your love for Rebecca Minkoff always shines through too! Hope you're having a fab weekend!

    Jaz x
    https://www.thelifeofasocialbutterfly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  34. You have such a good bag collection
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I always love how you match your bag with your outfit. And you always have the prettiest bags!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love the kimono!
    This item is always a good idea for the cool autumn days.
    And I love this little, eyecatchy bag, This vivid color suits your look perfectly. Amazing combination.

    take a look at my BLOG and my INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the yellow bag ♥

    londonkidx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Happy October, friend!! And love your kimono's so much!! Can't believe I don't own one... think I need to change that ASAP! xo

    www.girlandcloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Yay, the kimonos are back! :D I always love how you style them, hun. I especially like the colour play in the first outfit. Mustard is so popular, I've always been a little afraid of it myself but I might bite the bullet... Thanks for sharing and inspiring me as always, babe!

    Kay
    https://www.shoesandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe thanks! I always get excited when it's kimono weather again! :)

      Delete
  40. I love love the colors in your second outfit! Such a pretty effect! Too bad those pigs in mud are so messy though, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I also love that about kimonos. They are one of these pieces that you can just throw on over almost anything.

    Both of your outfits are lovely. I love the color combinations. The mustard looks beautiful with the neutral grey and I really like the more unexpected purple with turquoise.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  42. I finally got a kimono, but now I need to test the waters and style it with some color! I'm sure I can find plenty of inspiration here.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see how you've been wearing your kimono! :)

      Delete
  43. I love the colors of both of these looks Mica! The pops of yellow are so pretty and purple is such a favorite. The "pigs in the mud" activity sounds like one my kids would love too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really would! It was so much fun for them!

      Delete
  44. You know what, I'm going to steal the yellow outfit of yours! I love everything about it. The kimono is gorgeous and I love how it adds a blanket effect to the whole look. You look beautiful and I love that you carried a bag from a similar color family. The purple pants reminded me of my own that I haven't worn in the longest. I wonder where they are now? Heheh :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I could inspire you - hope you find your purple pants!

      Delete
  45. You really have the cutest combos with your bag dear. Love how you style your outfit with the bag.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Love the pops of bright colors in these outfits. They are so cheery

    http://www.michellespaige.com/

    ReplyDelete
  47. Thanks all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...