Wednesday 6 June 2018

Two Ways To Wear Jeanswest Waterfall Drape Cardigan in Navy

I bought some new cardigans recently to celebrate the cooler weather in Brisbane! You might have seen in Monday's office wear post how to wear them in the office, but today I'm picking the navy one and showing you two different ways to wear it.

This is the new season Jeanswest waterfall drape cardigan, which has two buttons on the top and button holes in the hem. It means you can button up one side as an impromptu breastfeeding cover, or you can button up both hems and wear it like a cowl neck knit.

While it's winter now, it was still a mild autumn when I wore this cardigan for the first time, so I'm wearing it with shorts in both outfits.

What I wore:

Jeanswest waterfall drape cardigan in navy night sky marle with shorts yellow tank, Balenciaga day bag | awayfromblue

Balenciaga truffle brown RH classic day bag hobo on shoulder | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue instagram navy waterfall cardigan yellow tanks and shorts for autumn balenciaga day
JacketJeanswest waterfall drape cardigan in navy night sky marle
NecklaceRoie Designs pearl and antique gold long necklace
Tank: thrifted Cotton On yellow tank
ShortsJeanswest 'Scarlette' printed shorts
ShoesAsos leather Chelsea boots in tan
BagBalenciaga truffle brown RH classic day bag

Why I wore it:

I was so eager to squeeze in another wear of these shorts, in my effort to hit 30 wears on them before the summer weather really ended. With the ankle boots and long cardigan, they were just warm enough for the last of our summer heat before autumn truly set in. The blue shorts were an obvious choice to wear with the navy cardigan as I love wearing these shorts with navy pieces to create monochrome outfits.

The mustard cardigan is something I've worn frequently with these shorts too, I really like yellow and blue together. A nice cheerful and colourful outfit, yet still practical for working from home and doing the daycare drop off / pick up.


Last worn: navy waterfall cardigan, mustard yellow tank, blue printed soft shorts, Chelsea leather ankle boots, Balenciaga truffle brown day bag.

Other ways to wearnavy waterfall cardigan in the office, mustard yellow tank and kimono, blue printed soft shorts and navy peasant top, Chelsea leather ankle boots and burgundy pants, Balenciaga truffle brown day bag and shorts.

Perfect for pregnancymustard yellow tank in second trimester, Chelsea leather ankle boots in second trimester, Balenciaga truffle brown day bag for second trimester travel.


Review and Contents: Balenciaga Day Bag In Magenta






What I wore:

Jeanswest waterfall drape cardigan in navy night sky marle (worn as top) with shorts | away from blue

Balenciaga Day bag in 2005 magenta, navy knit | away from the blue blog

awayfromblue instagram: navy cowl neck knit, denim shorts, Balenciaga Magenta day bag
JacketJeanswest waterfall drape cardigan in navy night sky marle (worn as top)
ShortsJeanswest Sara distressed hot short
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats (also available in silver)
BagBalenciaga Day bag in 2005 magenta


Why I wore it:

There was a little more rushing around when I wore this outfit. We had some errands to run and a doctor's appointment in the morning. I thought the cardigan buttoned up and worn like a tank would be perfect with shorts, as it was quite a sunny day. It was also rather windy though, so I did regret choosing shorts when walking between stores and giving Cooper his afternoon walk when the wind picked up.

The magenta Balenciaga Day bag is my favourite part of this outfit - it really pops with the navy cardigan. If it had been a less windy day, I would have liked this outfit more I'm sure. It was still warm in the sun, so jeans would have been too much with the cardigan buttoned up like this though. Not a bad outfit, just not the best for the weather that day!


Last worn: navy cardigan (above), denim shorts, ballet flats, magenta Balenciaga day bag.

Other ways to wearnavy cardigan in the office, denim shorts and foil print tee, ballet flats and fit and flare dress, magenta Balenciaga bag with purple cardigan.

Perfect for pregnancyballet flats in second trimester, magenta Balenciaga day bag in third trimester.



Navy Cardigans Under $50:





How You Can Wear It:


During those in-between seasons where it's not too hot or not too cold, a cardigan can be a good option with some shorts! A neutral navy cardigan like this will go with so much too. While this has buttons to take the hems up, you could easily replicate the second outfit with a waterfall drape cardigan you own and a brooch or pin.


Linking up with Weekend Wear, Fabulous Friday.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

53 comments:

  1. This is such a versatile cardigan, Mica! You look fabulous in both outfits. I love the idea of replicating the second look of the cardigan with a brooch! I'll have to try that some time! I love your magenta bag too! ;) XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha, glad I could give you an idea for how to rewear something! :)

      Delete
  2. You look so cute in this look! Great post! Hugs!
    Rampdiary | Thetrendybride

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mica, I am enjoying your selection of cardigans. You styled it beautifully and I absolutely adore how it buttons up to create a different chic on the go look! Thanks for the inspiration always!

    I'm off to workout then get some pool time in. I pray that you have a beautiful day.

    Tiff
    http://www.dashoffashandfinance.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that sounds like a lovely day, hope you enjoyed the pool!

      Delete
  4. Shorts with ankle boots is one of my favorite transition weather combos...although we only get about 5 days per year where that combo makes sense here! But I definitely use it when I can! I also love the navy cardigan with the magenta bag - gorgeous color combo!
    Gina || On the Daily Express

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes, it's definitely only possible on a few days a year here too! Goot embrace it when you can!

      Delete
  5. Off topic, but the blue and yellow combo is what the mail men in Germany are dressed like. Though not with a cardigan, obviously.

    Anne - Linda, Libra, Loca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I'd probably be admiring and complimenting them on the uniforms if I ever went to Germany!

      Delete
  6. I love how that cardigan can be worn buttoned like that, what a unique look! I also love the blue and yellow together, they work so well. It sounds like that cardigan was a good investment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it's something I get lots of wear from this year!

      Delete
  7. Hi Mica
    You can always diversify your style in such a subtle and elegant way.
    I like seeing the bag more in pink, I am more by the vibrant colors.
    And I really like those asymmetrical cardigans and it seems that you love them a lot!!!



    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do love them a lot! :) I'm looking forward to wearing them more over winter!

      Delete
  8. You are so chic! Loving the cardigan! SO comfy and chic at the same time!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You colour combinations are stellar in both outfits - you're really good at mixing your bolds now, Mica! Lovely bags!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! I'm trying to be more adventurous with my colours! :)

      Delete
  10. Navy really suits you beautifully and as always Mica you have styled your looks beautifully, I always enjoy your pretty posts.

    How are things with you? Really hope you're keeping well!

    Lots of love,

    Laura xo
    www.shehearts.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. The magenta bag is so perfect with your navy cardigan! It immediately caught my eye as well! Both of your cardigan in this style were great to pick up. I love how they look on you and how versatile they are in how you can wear them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! This bag is the perfect pop of colour!

      Delete
  12. The fact that this cardigan can also be worn as a top just speaks to it's wonderful versatility! Your magenta Balenciaga Day bag is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's a versatile addition to my wardrobe!

      Delete
  13. Loving the navy looks!

    xx Alyssa | STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
  14. What I love is the colour combination. You do it so effortlessly. Quite inspiring.

    amakamedia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm trying to be more adventurous with colour!

      Delete
  15. I just love this waterfall cardigan on you Mica! Your day bag in both colors is so exquisite and I must say that I think Favor the one in the pink hue. I love the shorts on you as well and hope that you’re having a good week. There is nothing better than a cardi for this in between weather!
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes cardigans are the best layers when it's cold! :)

      Delete
  16. Love the cardigan with the magenta bag, it really does make the colour pop doesn't it?! So cute :)

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how both outfits turned out. The cardigan looks so cute.
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love blue with yellow so much, it is such a lovely combo!! Hope you are having a beautiful day Mica! x

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  19. The bags look so nice! I love both of the colors!


    http://www.thequinoxfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a versatile cardigan. You are so going to get your 30 wears out of it in no time. I have never wore a cardigan with shorts before. So going to try it out. Hope your week is going well.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could give you an outfit idea! :) HOpe you have fun trying it out.

      Delete
  21. I love the way the cardigan looks buttoned up and the combination of navy and yellow are so beautiful!

    http://whatmakesmesmileblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. What an innovative way of styling this longline cardigan! I love both ways, although the first is my fave as I just loooove waterfall styling cardigans - they always look so chic and cosy haha :) You suit the colour navy by the way babe!

    Gabrielle | A Glass Of Ice x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gabrielle! I love all shades of blue, definitely! :)

      Delete
  23. I love that you can button the cardigan to style it differently, and enjoy the last of your summer!
    http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was good to embrace summer a little longer!

      Delete
  24. I love how you styled your cardigan. I’m a huge fan of cardigans, they are incredibly versatile and such a chic choice for a bit cooler weather. 💞😘💖

    http://www.elegantduchess.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh my goodness this is so cute! I love a cute slouchy cardigan that has versatility and I ADORE the way you twist-tied it. So cute!!!
    Laura
    Black Coffee Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a cool cardigan! It looks totally different both ways you wore it - and they're both darling looks. I want a cardigan like this now, haha.

    Hope you're having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! You could definitely try this with a brooch! :) Or sew a button on yourself if you're crafty!

      Delete
  27. Love how you styled this cardigan. I love the two look. I think both are flattering. I need to grow my cardigan collection(color and style). You give me a creative way to style what I have.
    Have a beautiful weekend
    www.chez-rama.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are great additions to my cardigan collection! I was looking to add more this year and I think I got some great ones!

      Delete
  28. Dear Mica, your new cardigan is so versatile and I like both looks with your new purchase. What a pity that the shorts were not warm enough on the day you wore the second look. And I like the pop of pink in the second look like you do!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rena! I wish that the weather had been warmer as it was a nice outfit!

      Delete
  29. That's a great cardigan, I love all things cardigan and all things navy so it's right up my alley. The one trouble I have with waterfall cardigans is getting a cold stomach so this one solves that problem too! I'll be heading to my nearest Jeanswest asap. This may solve some of my winter problems... Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that this could give you some inspiration for your winter wardrobe, and I hope you have some luck in Jeanswest! They had it in black too.

      Delete
  30. I would have never guessed it was the same cardigan! How amazing!
    xo Leros (AboutEOs)

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the first way you styled it with it draping, that's so pretty!

    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ooh, that cardigan is so versatile! I love me a drape cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Those are really cute bags dear. Love the pink one, so chic, great size too!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks all for your lovely comments! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...