Friday 12 July 2024

Maxi Skirts, Pink Tees and Denim Jackets

Layering up my maxi skirts for warm winter weekend days with colourful pink tees and denim jackets.


What I wore:





Jacket: Bubblegum denim jacket
Necklace: mixed metal hammered pendant necklace
Tee: Kmart short sleeve cotton modal tee in tulip pink
Skirt: thrifted ruffle hem leopard print midi skirt 
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
Bracelets: the usual
BagMIMCO Mim-Mazing crossbody bag in black and light gold


Why I wore it:

Wearing this leopard print maxi skirt once again. I had one on my wishlist for a while, and actually tried on a few and regretted not buying them. So I was so pleased when I stumbled across this in the opshop - I'm definitely getting so much wear from it!

I like leopard and pink together so this super soft pink tee was a great pairing with it, although I did have to add the denim jacket on top to keep warm in the cooler morning. I went a little matchy-matchy with the black Mimco Mim-Mazing crossbody bag and the black Converse.

It was a stressful start to the day with a trip to the emergency vets with Bonnie who ate something she shouldn't have! But thankfully quickly resolved by the vet and we were still able to head down the coast to my parents place, just a little later than planned. Bonnie was able to rest on the drive as well, and got lots of love and attention with my family to help her recovery. Poor pup!


Last worn: denim jacket, pink modal tee, mixed metal necklace, leopard print maxi skirt, black Converse, Mimco Mim-Mazing crossbody bag.

Other ways to weardenim jacket worn 30 ways, pink modal tee and jeans, leopard print maxi skirt and blazer, black Converse and shorts, Mimco Mim-Mazing crossbody bag and blazer.

Perfect for pregnancydenim jacket in second trimesterConverse in second trimester.





What I wore:




JacketCotton On girlfriend denim jacket in whitehaven
Necklace: terrazzo and wood rose gold bead necklace
TeeJeanswest essential v-neck tee in azalea pink
Skirt: thrifted pinstripe maxi skirt
Shoesthrifted white leather Chuck Taylor All Star Converse sneakers
Bracelets: the usual
BagMIMCO Mim-Mazing crossbody bag in black and light gold


Why I wore it:


I hadn't worn this grey pinstripe maxi skirt for a while, and a quiet weekend day with a couple of errands and a science event at the library with the kids seemed like a good day to get it out again. It's such a comfortable stretchy jersey, I always enjoy wearing it! 

Just like the outfit above, I added a pink tee, I like pink and grey together. The white denim jacket was a little attempt at matchy-matchy with the white beads on my necklace and white Converse, but this outfit really made me wish I had a black denim jacket. Nothing wrong with the white jacket, just feel a black one would have worked better here.

It was a little chilly that morning so maybe I should have went for a leather jacket instead, or even added a scarf! But we did spend most of the day indoors at the library event and I was nice and warm for that.


Last worn: white denim jacket, wood necklace, pink tee, grey pinstripe maxi skirt, white leather Converse, Mimco Mim-Mazing crossbody bag (above).

Other ways to wearwhite denim jacket and dress, pink tee and printed jeans, grey pinstripe maxi skirt and leather jacket, white leather Converse and dress, Mimco Mim-Mazing crossbody bag and blazer.





Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

4 comments:

  1. I do like both of these outfits. The leopard maxi skirt is so pretty. I like how you styled it. I'm a fan of leopard print.
    The grey maxi skirt is lovely as well. I like the simplicity of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness. I'm sorry to hear about the emergency vet visit, but I am so glad everything is okay now. Thank goodness you were able to get her the attention needed! On another note, I just love the necklace you are with that first outfit. What a beautiful piece. Have a fantastic weekend <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That leopard maxi skirt is so cute! Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your first outfit, combining leopard print, pink and denim, is absolutely delightful!
    I'm glad the vet was soon able to sort out naughty Bonnie's problem :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...