Monday 29 March 2021

Weekday Wear Link Up: Striped Tees and Maxi Skirts With Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC Bag

Wearing more wardrobe staples for today's Weekday Wear Link Up, with striped tees and maxi skirts. Easy outfits to pull together for busy days.


What I wore:

grey white striped tee with ochre maxi skirt sneakers rebecca minkoff mini mac bag | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff 2012 sky grey mini MAC bag with ochre maxi skirt | away from blue


EarringsKmart blue fringe crescent statement earrings
Necklace: thrifted pearl and heart charm long necklace
TeeAtmos&Here oversized stripe tee
Skirt: thrifted Tree of Life ochre maxi skirt
Shoesthrifted Adidas Superstar sneakers
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch c/o JORD
BagRebecca Minkoff 2012 sky grey mini MAC bag



Why I wore it:

This was a very busy day! After the school run I had some errands to run and had to take Cooper to the groomers before catching up with a friend, doing the school pickup, taking the kids for a haircut too and then sports in the evening. Was a lot of running around so I wanted to be comfortable, this maxi skirt and striped tee combination as perfect for that. The neutral grey and white tee is a bit plain on it's own but the ochre skirt adds a nice touch of colour with the outfit and I tried to dress it up a little with some accessories for catching up with my friend. 







What I wore:

striped tee with red boho printed thrifted maxi skirt blue rebecca minkoff crossbody bag | away from the blue

red printed maxi skirt, Rebecca Minkoff 2012 sky grey mini MAC bag | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | navy white stripe tee with red boho printed maxi skirt rebecca minkoff sky grey mini mac bag


Necklace: Kmart gold and navy beaded necklace
TeeAtmos&Here navy stripe v-neck tee
Skirtthrifted Billabong 'Don't Think Of It' bikini red printed maxi skirt
Shoes: Kmart white chunky platform sneakers
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch c/o JORD
BagRebecca Minkoff 2012 sky grey mini MAC bag



Why I wore it:

Wasn't too sure about this combination. I've worn this red printed maxi skirt with striped tees before, but I didn't like this as much as I have the other times I tried it. It was a comfortable and practical outfit for another busy mum day though, with helping in my son's class in the morning, a trip to the library and playground with the little one and more sports in the evening after school pickup.

Wore the same Rebecca Minkoff blue mini MAC bag again. I like blue and red together and it seemed like a good choice with the navy stripes of the tee.


Last worn: navy stripe tee, navy and gold statement necklace, red printed maxi skirt, chunky platform sneakers, Rebecca Minkoff blue and gold mini mac bag (above).

Other ways to wearnavy stripe tee and shorts, red printed maxi skirt and mustard knit, chunky platform sneakers and culottes, Rebecca Minkoff blue and gold mini mac bag and floral dress.

Perfect for pregnancynavy stripe tee in third trimester.


How You Can Wear It:


Striped tees are such a staple and while they look good with denim I like to wear mine with another much loved wardrobe basic, a maxi skirt! Great for a warm day and works even with printed skirts.



Weekday Wear Linkup #114


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!


Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

62 comments:

  1. I like both of these outfits, Mica! Have a great week!

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The maxi skirts are beautiful! Cool outfits!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mica, these are nice combos. The grey and ochre look so good together.
    Hugs Mary x
    thepoutingpensioner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the print mix of the second outfit- it is funny how we feel differently about an outfit over time. Thanks so much for the link up and hope your week is off to a great start, Mica!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Mica made a booboo entering 'Change your Body Shape'. If you get a chance perhaps you would remove it for me and I'll enter again with the correct link!!!

    Looking good today, I always love a stripe!
    Pamela
    www.style-yourself-confident.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the outfit! The bag is so cute and amazing! <3

    www.pimentamaisdoce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love your tee and maxi skirt combinations, Mica! I really like the subtle print mixing in the second outfit!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful outfits. Thanks for sharing those ideas.
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful outfits. Thanks for sharing those ideas.
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good styles, I like both :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love both of these maxi skirt and tee combos! The mix of prints in the second one is fabulous. Thanks for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both of these outfit combos are super cute! Especially love the first look! Thank you for the linkup!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love a striped tee! Something so relaxed about them, it always gives me a holiday feel! Have a great week Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You really can't beat a classic striped top and love them styled with midi skirts! Hope you have a good week!
    Amy xx
    callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two wonderful maxi skirt outfits! The mustard color is gorgeous and it's such a perfect color for your current fall season! And loving that bag!!
    Thanks for hosting the linkup!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  16. These outfits are gorgeous I just love the way you styled them especially with such the perfect bag :)
    http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2021/03/5-ways-to-be-more-chic.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are such great outfits! You styled them perfectly and look so gorgeous with that bag :)
    http://www.bauchlefashion.com/2021/03/5-ways-to-be-more-chic.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are two great breezy maxi and tee looks. I especially like the red, white and blue outfit as this is one of my favorite color combinations! Thanks for the link up and have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love striped tops and you look so nice in both of those outfits. I hope you have a nice week Mica.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such pretty pieces, and loving the pattern mixing <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that last picture of you! I need to start changing out my purses more for fun but I get lazy . Enjoy your week!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank! My son did a great job taking the photo! :)

      Delete
  22. Such cute outfits! I love the pattern mixing in the second look and the orange and grey color combo in the first outfit. Sounds like a busy day for sure!

    Miles of smiles,
    Grace

    gracefulrags.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. hello Mica,
    Your outfits are always so relaxed, you don't complicate anything on your busiest days !! Thanks to you I bought a striped tee ahahah !!
    I wish you a great week !!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a lot of wear from your new tee! Stripes are a staple print for me! :)

      Delete
  24. I love both outfits here Mica, but I'm leaning towards the second one as my favourite. I love the mix of patterns and the bright colours, and your bluish grey Rebecca Minkoff bag is perfect with it too. Wishing you a lovely week ahead xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really like both of these outfits - the colours are lovely - and of course, I enjoy seeing the "sisters" of my own Mini Mac! :)

    Your day (from the first outfit) sounds exhausting! I can't imagine having so many things going on all at once - how quickly I've gotten used to the slow pace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it took some adjusting to when we came out of lockdown the first time around, haha! Used to lots of running around to different things now!

      Delete
  26. I always love your striped tees and maxi skirts. :) I actually really like the combination in your second photo!

    Wishing you the brightest week, Mica!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  27. Both looks are nice, with a lot of colours and prints. Enjoy your week
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Both of these outfit. Are prefect for busy mom life. Have a great week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  29. Like both looks, Mica. Nice, light and bright. Have a great week ahead
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. A classic striped shirt + maxi skirt is such a great outfit combo! Your bags and accessories look fantastic too!

    I hope you are having a great week so far!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oooh! Love the pairing with the top and skirt!! Always nice to see maxi skirts being rocked. I have a harder time because I have shorter legs. You always have the nicest purses to match your outfits with!!

    Nancy ✨ mdrnminimalists.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both of these are opshop finds - I think the first one is supposed to be a midi as it works for my petite self, but I did have to have the red one altered as it was too long for me being petite, haha!

      Delete
  32. I'm really loving the print mixing in the second outfit! The first outfit are such pretty colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I just love the second outfit especially Mica with the print mixing going on. I've been working hard on making print mixing easier for me!!
    OXOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I always love your maxi-skirt outfits, but the mixed print one might be my favorite one yet!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hey Mica, I hope you're enjoying the lasts bits of the month :)

    I know busy days require a comfortable outfit, so you did a good decision by picking that grey top, but adding a bit of contrast with the color of the skirt. Great combo!

    On the second outfit I'll just say that I love stripes and that they can make me happy despite the situation haha, obviously you had your personal touch with the red skirt!

    Pablo
    Hey Fungi

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love this combination of stripes and a maxi skirt, especially that first look! It looks so comfortable yet so cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Wonderful outfits. Striped tees and maxi skirts are such a great combo. You look stunning in both of these outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Even on busy days, you manage to look super stylish! I am in awe! That first maxi skirt is just so incredible. I adore that colour! You look absolutely stunning in both looks <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wardrobe staples make it easy, just repeating the same outfit formula, haha!

      Delete
  39. I love a striped tee, such a classic and both of these outfits look perfect for busy days. Not that I can really remember what a day with a lot of errands to do looks like since everything has been shut for so long 😂 x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully things get safer and back to normal for you soon!

      Delete
  40. I loved the looks, beautiful and comfortable. I really like striped pieces :)

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  41. The mini MAC is such a great bag- it's the best size!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  42. I like how the blue-gray bag and copper detail on it matches your outfit. It's cute!

    beyond beneath

    ReplyDelete
  43. Great maxis and tees for running around. Many thanks for hosting. Thinking of you in Brisbane . Hopefully all will be well for Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we are lucky we got to enjoy Easter!

      Delete
  44. I love stripes! I can never get enough this print. You look great! Thanks for hosting this linkup!

    Life is a Shoe

    ReplyDelete
  45. You really make wearing maxi skirts so effortless:) I love both outfits, and I think the red skirt went well with the striped tee! And I just realized I need an ochre skirt:) Lovely as always, Mica:)

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love thee skirts
    I'm very fan!!!

    ReplyDelete
  47. The black and white lines Tee is looking so good on you! It is so refreshing and giving summer vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  48. I always love that ochre skirt on you! It's such a fun color--and one that I am too nervous to try, haha! I have my favorite colors and I stick to them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  49. A striped tee is such a great wardrobe staple and I love both these looks!
    Julia x
    https://www.thevelvetrunway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  50. Pretty rust colored skirt and the striped tee is a lovely Spring piece that goes with so much!
    thanks for linking!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  51. Thanks all for your lovely comments - and for joining the link up! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...