Monday 17 April 2023

Office Outfits: Blazers And Pencil Skirts With Converse | Weekday Wear Link Up

Sharing two pencil skirt and blazer outfits with Converse that I wore into the office recently for today's Weekday Wear Link Up.


What I wore:


Rebecca Minkoff quilted jumbo Love bag in cobalt


EarringsKmart blue fringe crescent statement earrings
Jacket
: thrifted Valleygirl navy jersey blazer
Necklace: thrifted wooden geometric bead necklace
TopJeanswest Elissa leaf print tank
SkirtAtmos&Here grey marle jersey pencil skirt
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in white
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff quilted jumbo Love bag in cobalt


Why I wore it:

I felt this tank was overdue another wear. I haven't worn it since September last year. I've worn it to the office quite a few times (and also with this grey skirt previously). It doesn't get worn as much in my casual everyday wardrobe, when I really should wear and enjoy it more often. It was good to get it out again for another office day, and I felt the navy blazer dressed up the printed tank and casual knit skirt nicely.

The only downside of this tank is that it can get a bit crinkled - as you can see from the photos, where it popped out from the waistband of the skirt after a frantic and very humid morning as I was rushing around trying to get everything ready before running out the door to drop the kids off at school and driving to the office.

Thought I'd try this chunky wooden necklace with the outfit, even though only the navy bead matches anything. I liked it on the day, but looking at the photos now, maybe a different necklace would have worked better.


Last worn: navy blazer, geometric wood necklace, earringsleaf print tank, grey pencil skirt, Converse, Rebecca Minkoff jumbo Love bag.

Other ways to wearnavy blazer and sheath dress, leaf print tank worn two ways, grey pencil skirt worn two ways, Converse and dress, Rebecca Minkoff jumbo Love bag and jeans.

Perfect for pregnancygrey pencil skirt in third trimesterConverse in second trimester.


All The Blue Bags In My Handbag Collection:








What I wore:


Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC in aquamarine with python embossed leather


Jacket: Jeanswest Nadine 3/4 sleeve dusky pink blazer
Necklace: thrifted wood and marble bead thrifted necklace with white string (new purchase)
Top: thrifted Kmart dusty rose cami
SkirtWarehouse navy jacquard pencil skirt
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAC in aquamarine with python embossed leather (get it in pink)


Why I wore it:

This pastel pink blazer was another piece I was looking at in my wardrobe and realising it hadn't been worn enough - so I paired it with this jacquard skirt for the office. It's been good getting into the office more regularly, even if just to wear pieces from the "corporate" section of my wardrobe which have been pretty neglected the past couple of years. This blazer is one that I have worn casually, but a blazer is definitely an office day staple for me.

I was surprised how brown the blush pink blazer made the tank look! I did really like the combination though. I do like the aqua of the mini MAC against the pastel pink of the blazer, but maybe another bag would have been better with this outfit as a whole, like a navy or black one. I'd just been using the mini MAC the day before and it was easier keeping all my things in it and using it for work, less things to get organised in the morning before the rush to the office! I'm also trying to be more open to different colour combinations, so it was good to give this a try, even if I wouldn't repeat it again with this outfit.


Last worn: blush blazer, dusty rose cami, jacquard pencil skirt, Converse, aqua mini MAC. First time I've worn the necklace as it was a recent opshop find.

Other ways to wearblush blazer worn 2 ways, dusty rose cami and shorts, jacquard pencil skirt and cardigan, Converse and jeans, aqua mini MAC with orange.

Perfect for pregnancyblush blazer in third trimesterConverse in second trimester, aqua mini MAC in third trimester.



Weekday Wear Linkup #216


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!


Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails





Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

18 comments:

  1. Both of these outfits are so cute for the office! The 2nd is my favorite! Thank you for the linkup!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of these casual chic office looks Mica! The pops of blue in the first are so beautiful. Thanks for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cute in those skirts!
    -Nina
    http://www.stylingwithnina.com/2023/04/denim-jacket-for-spring.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. elegant and sporty at the same time! Such a cute mix! You definitely know how to rock a pencil skirt

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could wear converse still but they started to hurt my shins because of not having support. I love how cute they look with your pencil skirts. Have a great week.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the blush pink blazer and dusty rose cami together. In fact I love that whole outfit.

    https://funkyfashionstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the bag and what a great colour for Spring x Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always been a fan of the pencil skirt. Lovely outfits! Have a great week!

    Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both outfits look great! I liked the effect of the blush pink blazer with the dusty rose cami, and that jacquard print skirt is so nice. The leaf print worked well with navy and grey.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't dress any differently for the office, but I'm hearing you on the "corporate" pieces in your wardrobe not being worn enough when you're mostly working from home.
    I'm loving your second outfit the most, the jacquard skirt is gorgeous, and so is the navy/blush pink/rose colour combo! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like both of these harmonious color combinations for your office outfits. And of course, the pop of color with your gorgeous RM bags! It really is worth playing with some outfit possibilities that you are not sure you will like, because sometimes they really work out great! Enjoy your week and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the converse with the pencil skirts.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/fashion/2019/10/9/ztwf7fxqynrv19wkfoz72wso6k19bl

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful outfit choices! I love how easy it is to pair Converse with these looks. I need to get myself a pair for this spring/summer. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like both of these very 'profesh" outfits, Mica! I especially like the turquoise with the two blush-based pinks in the second outfit. Thanks so much for the link-party!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love how you showed both a casual and dressier option with these combinations.
    OOXX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mica, I always have to remind myself you are a mom and not a young woman fresh out of school! You look wonderful in both of these outfits! I really like that second one with the print skirt.

    https://marshainthemiddle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your work outfits are so cute. Especially love the sneakers!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...