Thursday 9 February 2023

Thrifted Camis, Floral Cover Ups, and Studded MAB Crossbody Bag

Another wear of these two camis I got from the opshop just before Christmas, in the awesome "Fill a bag for $10" sale, making them both less than $1 each.


What I wore:

navy floral duster with distressed denim skirt, pink cami and mab crossbody bag | awayfromblue

navy floral duster and pink Rebecca Minkoff MAB crossbody with studs in desert rose | awayfromblue


JacketJeanswest Melanie floral kimono
Necklace: Roie Designs coral beaded tassel necklace (Christmas present)
Cami: thrifted Kmart dusty rose cami
Skirt: JayJays distressed denim mini skirt
Shoesslim navy and pink Havaianas
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff MAB crossbody with studs in desert rose


Why I wore it:

When I thrifted this cami before Christmas I thought it might be a little tricky to style as I don't have any of this dusky pink in my wardrobe. But I was pleasantly surprised to see how well the little Rebecca Minkoff studded MAB crossbody bag works with it! They are very similar shades.

For a hot day, the cami and distressed denim skirt were a great outfit for an afternoon at the beach with the kids. The floral duster was necessary for a bit of physical sunblock too, as the cami just has spaghetti straps.

This very pale denim skirt might look new - but it's still the same one I took from my sisters wardrobe clear out a while back! I went to wear it a few weeks ago and it had some kind of stain on it I hadn't noticed left behind from the wash, as I iron everything inside out. I tried various stain removers and multiple washes and it wasn't coming out, so I decided to bleach it! Quite like the resulting very pale blue colour, and now you can't see any stains!

Even for clothing I thrift from my local opshop for $1, or things I get free from my sister's wardrobe, I'm determined to make sure I make the most of them and get some wear from them - bleaching was an easy alternative to keep this skirt in my wardrobe.


Last worn: floral duster, dusty pink cami, distressed denim skirt, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff studded MAB crossbody. First time I've worn the necklace as it was a Christmas gift.

Other ways to wearfloral duster over a dress, dusty pink cami and denim shorts, distressed denim skirt and leopard print, Rebecca Minkoff studded MAB crossbody and printed dress.


Revealing the Rebecca Minkoff Studded MAB Crossbody Bag:






What I wore:

floral duster, chambray cami and white bermuda denim shorts and sneakers outfit | awayfromblue

brown cover up and Rebecca Minkoff MAB crossbody with studs in desert rose | awayfromtheblue


JacketWoven Heart gold floral kimono
NecklaceRoie Designs feather, quartz and love charm long necklace
Top: thrifted no label chambray tie strap cami
Shorts: thrifted Emerson white Bermuda shorts
ShoesSketchers Bountiful navy fabric sneakers
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff MAB crossbody with studs in desert rose


Why I wore it:

Essentially the same outfit as the one above, just with a few changes! This chambray cami was another thrift find the same day I scored the cami above. Paired it with a pair of white Bermuda shorts I picked up in another opshop, a beautiful floral duster my mum got me one Christmas, and these comfy Sketchers sneakers I got from her last Christmas.

I really liked how this cover up matched the blues of the chambray cami and the pink of the MAB crossbody bag, although it's not too easy to see the pink florals in the print. A comfortable outfit was needed for a very early start to pick up some relatives from the airport, and then spending a little bit of time shopping with my mum on the coast later.


Last worn: floral cover up, chambray cami, feather necklace, white Bermuda shorts, Sketchers, Rebecca Minkoff studded MAB crossbody (above).

Other ways to wearfloral cover up and denim skirt, chambray cami and black denim, white Bermuda shorts and red tee, Sketchers and shorts, Rebecca Minkoff studded MAB crossbody and navy dress.




How You Can Wear It:

Thin strap camis are great on a hot day, but for a little extra sun protection and shoulder coverage, you can add a floral print duster on top.




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

19 comments:

  1. The kimonos and bag really make these looks pop! So chic and pretty.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you have related able style. Also that awesome that your cami and handbag match.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love a bit of matchy-matchy

      Delete
  3. I'm loving the dusky pink tee, and well done on revamping that skirt by bleaching it. That first outfit is definitely my favourite. That darker floral kimono is absolutely perfect with it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Los dos outfits muy lindos y practicos para el Verano, saludos:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like those dusters. It's kind of like wearing a cape, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! And any day can do with a little extra from a cape! :)

      Delete
  6. That studded crossbody bag is so gorgeous! I just love it. It is fantastic that you make the most of everything your wardrobe and are so thoughtful about your outfits. The end result is always fabulous! I hope you have a wonderful weekend <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these are super pretty and love the floral, Mica!

    Wishing you a wonderful weekend, my friend! :)

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first outfit is my favourite. I hope you're having a lovely week. I'm back after a month break, been so busy with work and took a short holiday to relax last week. <3
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
  9. That bag is such a great colour! I bet you'll wear it with that matching cami every time now - don't you love discovering a formula? Great looks and proud of you for bleaching the denim skirt - it's super-cute! Happy weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant fix for the stain on the denim skirt! I love both of these outfits. The kimonos are a great sunblock and really take the outfits up a notch. That dusty pink bag and cami are perfect together.

    Michelle
    https://funkyfashionstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The kimono and bag compliments your look so well.
    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/02/does-inflammation-have-effect-on-fertility.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've probably said this before, but I LOVE that dusty pink color. It's probably my favorite color of the last two years. I went out on Friday and realized, oops, I was wearing both a dusty pink jacket and sneakers. Your cami and RM bag look much more polished and put together! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love matchy-matchy like that, even better it was unintentional!

      Delete
  13. Such cute kimonos! I can't wait till it's kimono season again here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that first outfit!! I can feel the beach vibes. Wish I was there right now!

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com
    Cre8tionCrochet.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for your comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...