Monday 24 April 2023

Kmart Floral Dresses and Blue Crossbody Bag | Weekday Wear Link Up

For today's Weekday Wear Link Up, sharing some pretty Kmart floral dresses I wore for the school run, working from home, and a little time with friends.


What I wore:


Rebecca Minkoff 2012 sky grey mini MAC bag and coral floral dress | awayfromblue


EarringsMichael Hill stud earrings with aqua cubic zirconia in sterling silver
Necklace: thrifted wooden yellow tassel necklace
Dress: Kmart Tropicana sleeveless tiered maxi dress (worn 30+ times)
Shoesslim navy and pink Havaianas
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff 2012 sky grey mini MAC bag


Why I wore it:

Hadn't worn this floral print tiered maxi dress for a while - it was definitely overdue another wear! A Kmart impulse buy a few years back after seeing it on a few local Instagrammers, I still have and love this dress. It's passed 30 wears and still going strong!

I liked the cute little blue crossbody bag and the yellow tassel necklace with this dress, even though neither of the colours match those in the print exactly, I liked how this all looked together.

Spent some time in the morning after the school drop off with my friend and her adorable daughter, before getting in a few hours of work and then picking the kids up from school in the afternoon. It was another hot autumn day so this light tiered dress was perfect in the heat.


Last worn: blue earrings, yellow tassel necklace, floral tiered maxi dress, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff blue mini MAC.

Other ways to wear floral tiered maxi dress worn 30 ways, Rebecca Minkoff blue mini MAC and shorts.


My Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC Handbag Collection:





What I wore:

Kmart long sleeve black tie neck dress in floral wisteria print

Rebecca Minkoff 2012 sky grey mini MAC bag with black dress | awayfromblue


Earrings: Piper gold heart earrings
Necklace: thrifted gold and pastel blue beaded necklace with grey string (new purchase)
Dress: Kmart long sleeve black tie neck dress in floral wisteria print
ShoesNovo Tawny rose gold sandals
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff 2012 sky grey mini MAC bag


Why I wore it:

Unlike the Kmart floral dress in the first outfit that I paid full price for, this one I scored on clearance and it was just $2. Much like the dress above, I'm definitely getting my money's worth from it! Picked this to wear as after the school run, working from home, and then a quick errand in the afternoon after school pick up, we went to a movie night in the park with friends. It was a warm day but I knew the long sleeves and longer length of this dress would come in helpful in the evening so that I wasn't bitten by mozzies!

This was such a good outfit - I wasn't too hot during the day and I was nicely bug bite free in the evening. The kids really enjoyed the movie and getting to eat all the snacks and sit with their friends as they watched too!

Again, the blue Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC bag doesn't match with the blue floral print on the dress, neither does the pastel blue of the necklace. I still thought all the different shades of blue looked good together though, and I didn't need to carry much with me, I had a big tote bag for our picnic rug and movie snacks!


Last worn: heart earrings, wisteria print midi dressrose gold sandals, blue mini MAC (above). First time I've worn the necklace as it was a recent opshop find.

Other ways to wearwisteria print midi dress and floral bag, rose gold sandals and shorts, blue mini MAC and printed jeans.



Weekday Wear Linkup #217


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!


Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails





Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

25 comments:

  1. The red dress has a lovely relaxed vibe. I can't believe what an amazing bargain the second dress was! Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of these pretty dresses! You look amazing in red especially. Thanks for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dark floral print dress! What a great find for $2!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty floral dresses, especially the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love both of these dresses! I am on a dress kick myself and will be sharing my outfits next month on the blog. I love how now the dresses in my closet, I love!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The blue bag looks lovely with the dresses and really brings out the blue in the print!

    Have a lovely week!
    Gemma x
    www.jacquardflower.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both dresses are lovely, but that tiered maxi is just gorgeous!

    Michelle
    https://funkyfashionstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two great warm weather choices, both beautiful on you! The little grey bag goes so nicely with both outfits. Enjoy your week, and as always, thanks so much for the link up party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look great.. both dresses are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both dresses are gorgeous, but that second dress just wows me. I love the dark floral print and those sleeves! The sleeves not only look stylish and beautiful...but they also protected you from bug bites! It's a win win.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so chic. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these floral patterns they are so gorgeous and work well for a spring an summer style. I hope your having a great week.
    https://www.bauchlefashion.com/2023/04/5-tips-on-how-to-actually-wear-white.html?spref=pi&m=1

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both dresses are lovely, but the red one is particularly nice. The bag is absolutely gorgeous. I love RM bags, I have one and the quality is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  14. That purse really doesn't look grey at all onscreen - more like a soft turquoise, which is why I think it works so well with both of these dresses. You look just lovely, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love both of these pretty floral dresses Mica, they look so comfy as well as beautiful! Hope you have a fantastic week! :)

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sometimes it's nice to let the purse or jewelry not be quite exactly the same shade as the outfit. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You find such great deals Mica. I love the red floral dress so much,
    XXOO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am envious of your maxi dress game. You have a some great dresses and I find them so difficult to find. Anyway, I love the fun print in that red dress. It looks fantastic on you.

    bosbodaiousblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have such pretty dresses! I particularly love the first one! Gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Suzy x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm a sucker for a floral dress, and I'm loving both of them. My favourite must be the tropical print tiered maxi dress, and the sky grey bag is just perfect with it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Mica, I love both of your dresses. We used to have Kmart stores but they closed down. I hope you have a nice week Mica.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can't believe you only paid $2 for that dark floral dress—what an amazing deal!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love that black dress.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both of these dresses are so pretty on you! I love how flowy they are and the pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love both of these dresses, Mica, but how can you argue with $2! Wow! I don't think I've ever found anything on clearance like that! Good job! Have a wonderful rest of the week! I invite you over for Final Friday's link party!

    https://marshainthemiddle.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...