Monday 13 June 2022

Blazer and Jeans Outfits With Embroidered Tops | Weekday Wear Link Up

Two very similar outfits for today's Weekday Wear Link Up as the cold winter weather in Brisbane has me sticking to easily repeatable outfit formulas - even though I wore these for different occasions.


What I wore:

casual office outfit black skinny jeans converse embroidered blouse and blazer love too bag | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff Love Too in deep teal croc embossed leather | awayfromtheblue



Jacketthrifted Zara black blazer
Necklace: personalised gold children's names charm necklace
Blouse: Jeanswest Elise longline embroidered shirt in coconut blue
Jeans: thrifted Jeanswest faded black cropped butt lifter jeans
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff Love Too in deep teal croc embossed leather


Why I wore it:

Another office outfit! It's so strange to have an office day now, but everything aligned for us to all have the team in at the office on this day (even someone from another state!) so we had to take advantage with a big team lunch. I haven't been in the office for a few months. I got sick last time I was in so I've been wary about going in again, but it was good to see everyone face to face. I did worry that I might have dressed down a little too much - I have some very stylish team members and with the Converse and jeans my blazer wasn't quite enough to elevate my outfit to their formal levels of return to office wear, but when my boss turned up in jeans I knew I'd picked well for the day!

The jersey blazer is really cosy and while I considered packing a scarf I didn't need it - the long sleeved blouse underneath was enough to keep me warm. This blouse was definitely overdue another wear, not having been worn in a couple years! I liked the blue embroidery with the deep teal of the Rebecca Minkoff Love Too bag, which is quickly becoming my go-to handbag for office days (as rare as office days are!).


Last worn: black jersey blazer, charm necklaceblue embroidered blouse, faded black skinny jeans, Converse, Rebecca Minkoff Love Too bag.

Other ways to wearblack jersey blazer and printed skirt, blue embroidered blouse and printed shorts, faded black skinny jeans and kimono, Converse and dress, Rebecca Minkoff Love Too bag and denim skirt.

Perfect for pregnancyblack jersey blazer in third trimesterConverse in second trimester.





What I wore:

neutral grey jersey blazer charcoal skinny jeans adidas superstar sneakers | awayfromblue

Chloe Marcie medium shoulder bag in nut | awayfromtheblue


JacketJeanswest grey jersey blazer
Tank: Target embroidered khaki tank
JeansNobody Denim Cult high rise skinny ankle jeans in charred grey
Shoesthrifted Adidas Superstar sneakers
Bracelets: the usual
BagChloe Marcie medium shoulder bag in nut


Why I wore it:

Exactly the same outfit formula as the outfit above, this one just shades of grey and a little bit of olive. I felt this was more casual than the one above, maybe because it was a little lighter than the black one above and less-suit like. Wore this for a regular day with the school run, helping out in my son's classroom in the morning, working from home and then a quick errand in the afternoon before a doctor's appointment for the kids after school pick up. They were not very impressed to have to have their flu shots but given flu has been going around the school like crazy it was a good idea to get them protected! They have both sadly caught the flu since, but it hasn't hit them as hard as some others thankfully.

I really liked this olive embroidered tank with the grey jersey blazer, and with the dark grey jeans as well and the black and white Adidas Superstar sneakers I kept the neutral theme going with this neutral brown Chloe Marcie bag, that goes with everything! I really liked the brown with the olive of the embroidered tank too. I don't usually stick with neutral coloured outfits, I like adding pops of colour, but I think this all worked so well.


Last worn: grey jersey blazer, olive embroidered tank, charcoal Nobody Denim jeans, Adidas Superstar, Chloe Marcie shoulder bag.

Other ways to weargrey jersey blazer in the office, olive embroidered tank and shorts, charcoal Nobody Denim jeans worn two ways, Adidas Superstar and dress, Chloe Marcie shoulder bag and maxi skirt.



How You Can Wear It:

Jeans and a blazer is perfect for a very laid back business casual office, or for casual Friday! It's a good choice to wear outside the office too.


Weekday Wear Linkup #173


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!


Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails





Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

62 comments:

  1. I really like your bohemian blouses. I am always a sucker for embroidered details! They look great with your skinny jeans and I always love a jeans and blazer combination. You look fabulous in both outfits!

    Shelbee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love the extra touch of pretty embroidery!

      Delete
  2. I can definitely understand why you would be wary about going into the office after that! But I'm glad you were able to see people and it seemed to go well. I love what you wore. It is super stylish but also professional. That embroidered top is beautiful and I love the blazer as well. Love the tank top in the second look as well. What a gorgeous design <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was so good to see people again! I really need to try organise office days more often!

      Delete
  3. Love both of these chic blazer looks! That blue faux croc bag is gorgeous. Thanks so much for the link up Mica!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blazer and sneakers combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this look on you Mica, especially the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep saying I need to thrift a blazer or two! I like the mix of casual and strutured.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to find good jackets being petite but when I find them I definitely get them!

      Delete
  7. I absolutely love the combination of the embroidered blouse and the blazer. You look so professional in that styling. The second outfit is lovely as well. Great gray blazer and jeans combo. You look fantastic in both outfits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how a blazer helps dress up jeans like that!

      Delete
  8. This is a solid formula and a favorite for me on casual Fridays. I love both outfits, but that embroidery top really pops against the navy blazer. It's nice that you can mostly work from home but it's also nice to see your collogue. My husband, like you, will be working from home but every once in a while they gather together. The best of both worlds! Have a great week!

    bosbodaciousblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We really need to have more in-person office days, but winter time is hard for that!

      Delete
  9. I love both the blazers here, Mica:) I think they're so easy to dress up or down, and totally love how you wore them with sneakers. And yay that the kiddos got their flu shots. I must admit that's one thing I was never consistent with with my own kids, but nowadays, I think they're very important (along with the covid vaccine).
    Have a great week ahead:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've always done it every year due to some pre-existing conditions and I'm grateful we did this year too as we ended up catching the flu! :(

      Delete
  10. I always love the look of a blazer, jeans and sneakers! Your embroidered tops are so pretty and perfect for these looks!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your first outfit. The embroidered top is a beauty and stands out against the navy in the rest of the outfit.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a super cute outfit formula! I'm partial to the one with blue embroidery but the grey + olive is also really nice. Love the sneakers with these blazer outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love both looks! Have a great day.
    -Nina

    ReplyDelete
  14. The blazer made the outfit. So I doubt any even looked at what you had on your feet.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your office day outfit is my favourite here, Mica! That embroidered blouse is absolutely delightful. I've been looking for something similar. So far, without success, unfortunately xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a wardrobe oldie, I really don't know why I don't wear it more often!

      Delete
  16. Love both of these outfits, the tops are beautiful and really stand out! Plus a blazer with jeans is such a chic combination. Thanks for sharing and hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Isn't it great how well a blazer can elevate an outfit? You've shown two great ways that this can be achieved.

    Rena
    www.finewhateverblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look fabulous in both outfits, Mica! The first one has the edge for me, as I love the blazer with the long-sleeved shirt's cuffs peeking out - so good with the Cons! This is a perfect high-low look for the office.

    I like that you did an all-neutral look for your second outfit. Glad the boys got their flu shots (and of COURSE they got the flu right away!), but happy their cases were mild. It's been nice not getting the flu every year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah we all ended up with the flu so I was thankful we had some kind of protection building for them. First one to catch it was so sick but by the time my other son caught it he'd had more time to get an immunity so wasn't so bad thankfully!

      Delete
  19. I love how your boss showed up in jeans too!! That blouse for work is definitely fabulous.
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have always been a casual office with jeans through the week, but everyone else was rocking their best office wear that was neglected with working from home, haha!

      Delete
  20. I like the combination of sharp cut blazer with the relaxed feel of the jeans. Your handbags are a delight, Mica. Have a nice week, hope it's warm where you are, we are freezing here in Sydney :)
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such an unseasonably cold start to winter! It's thankfully warmed up to normal average temps now!

      Delete
  21. I'm really loving the blazer paired with the sneakers. Stylish and comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It always feels a bit odd to be underdressed, but at least your boss kept it casual.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love embroidered blouses. That blouse is fabulous!

    Happy Tuesday, Mica.

    ReplyDelete
  24. embroidery always adds a lot in terms of style to me. Your first top looks fantastic, I'd gladly wear it. I love how relaxed yet collected your outfits are today - it is definitely a rare feat.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love a good blazer and jeans outfit! You can never go wrong! You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Loving these blazer looks—they're perfect for work!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they really are! it's a shame I haven't been wearing them with working from home - need to make more of an effort, I love them with jeans!

      Delete
  27. Oh I really like the two outfits

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Mica,
    I really like the first outfit as I think I am drawn to the dark colours. The embroidery is cute for any office day. Have a great weekend : )

    juanitalikes.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love both your outfits but the first one is my fav. Black blazer is such a classic and the embroidered blouse is so pretty. Going to office after long time seems a bit odd, but it is also feels good to meet people. We had been to Geneva last couple weeks. It was a fantastic trip we went to so many places. :-)

    Via | https://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great you have been able to travel! We have been playing it safe and sticking close to home!

      Delete
  30. Hello,
    My favorite look is the first one, I think it's more elegant and very well dressed to meet all your coworkers at the office! As for the second, being the same formula, I don't really like the color chosen!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hello,
    My favorite look is the first one, I think it's more elegant and very well dressed to meet all your coworkers at the office! As for the second, being the same formula, I don't really like the color chosen!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the embroidered top!

    Emma xxx
    www.style-splash.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Los dos outfits son muy bonitos, pero me gusto mas el primero, saludos:D

    ReplyDelete
  34. Woah!! Looking real sharp in that navy blazer.

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com
    OnRockwoodLane.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. You have great blazers, Mica! Both outfits are so chic for office<3
    I am so sorry to know about your children caught the flu. I hope they will get better!

    akiko
    https://kimonosnack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - they recovered well! I'm glad we got them the vaccine before they got sick!

      Delete
  36. These embroidered tops are cute. Love the first outfit!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    wwww.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thanks for dropping by #Chicandstylish me, sorry I've missed the linkup a couple of times. Catch you again soon Mica. x Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries about missing it! Life gets busy!

      Delete
  38. I hope the flu has left your house and all are well! You have a great blazer collection.
    Rosemary
    www.distinctlysouthernstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very flu filled winter here sadly! So many of our friends and their kids have been unwell!

      Delete
  39. Combination of embroidered blouse and Blazer looks perfect! I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  40. OH that first outfit just gave me a great idea for an outfit in my closet! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I really like that embroidered top + blazer combo! Something about the contrasting rolled-up sleeves with the white shirt is just so pleasing to me!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thanks all for your comments - and for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love the look of a blazer dressed down with sneakers, both of these combinations are so cute! I bet it was strange being in the office after so long. I've also only been back a couple of times and it's so different, when we go back more regularly (next month, maybe) it will be kind of hard to adjust!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...