Wednesday 3 May 2023

Kmart Linen Shorts Outfits With Plain Tees and Colourful Cover Ups

Wearing these Kmart linen shorts I thrifted back in December into autumn by adding some longer printed cover ups on top.


What I wore:

navy tie dye print cover up with blue tee and fuchsia pink linen shorts aqua mini mac bag | awayfromblue

navy tie dye print with Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC in aquamarine with python embossed leather  | awayfromblue


JacketJeanswest Kensley summer tie-dye kimono
Necklace: thrifted wooden geometric bead necklace
TeeCotton On The One fitted v tee in washed poolside blue
Shorts: thrifted Kmart fuchsia linen blend shorts
Shoesslim navy and pink Havaianas
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAC in aquamarine with python embossed leather 


Why I wore it:

While the kids were with the in-laws, I took advantage of some rare time to myself and went opshopping with a friend. I got some really cute things, I'll do a post on Friday about what I got. As always while I didn't get too much fashion related for myself I did spend an awful lot - books were $1 each so I stocked up on some for me and some for the kids too. After my relaxing morning browsing the opshops, I had to do a few less exciting things around the house in the afternoon.

I really like pink and blue together so the light blue tee seemed like such an easy choice with the hot pink linen shorts. And I think wearing the shorts and necklace I thrifted on my last trip brought me good thrifting luck again this time! The navy tie dye cover up was nice in the morning, it was a littler cooler and this is a comfortable piece that didn't overheat me later in the day when it did warm up. 

The aqua bag was a fun pop with the different shades of blue and the fuchsia pink too. I rarely match this bag to anything in my outfit, it is just such a good pop of colour on its own.




What I wore:

yellow printed poncho with white tee orange linen paperbag waist shorts | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff mini MAC in aquamarine with python embossed leather  with yellow and orange | awayfromblue


Jacket: Jeanswest Eliza summer poncho in yellow floral
Necklace: Tiffany & Co silver 5th Avenue notes heart pendant necklace
TeeCotton On The One Deep V tee in marle nep white body black
Shorts: thrifted Kmart cumin linen blend pull on shorts
ShoesSketchers Bountiful navy fabric sneakers
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff mini MAC in aquamarine with python embossed leather 


Why I wore it:

This is a very bright outfit with the yellow and orange and aquamarine together! I saw this yellow printed cover up when I was wondering which one would go best with this white tee and orange shorts outfit, and while it is a very bright combination I think it was so fun to wear!

This was a fun but busy day, as I had the day off to spend with the kids and we tried to cram a lot in! The kids had a school holiday cooking class in the morning, we toured an environmental centre in the afternoon (and gave them some of our stick insect eggs because our girls have been laying a LOT of eggs!) and then my mum came over, and the kids had a haircut in the evening. These Sketchers sneakers were a must have for all the driving around.


Last worn: yellow cover up, Tiffany heart necklace, white tee, orange linen shorts, Sketchers, Rebecca Minkoff aqua mini MAC (above).

Other ways to wearyellow cover up with olive green, white tee and printed jeans, orange linen shorts with navy, Sketchers and skirt, Rebecca Minkoff aqua mini MAC and blue dress.

Perfect for pregnancyRebecca Minkoff aqua mini MAC in second trimester.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

10 comments:

  1. I love the length of both of these shorts. The kimonos really dress them up nicely!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both kimonos are so fun with their bright colors! I am especially biased and love the yellow since it is my fave hue. The RM bag is also a nice contrast to both outfits. I am glad you were able to meet up with a friend for a bit. Those are always fun! I suppose it makes up for the non fun part of the day, right?

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both kimonos are so fun with their bright colors! I am especially biased and love the yellow since it is my fave hue. The RM bag is also a nice contrast to both outfits. I am glad you were able to meet up with a friend for a bit. Those are always fun! I suppose it makes up for the non fun part of the day, right?

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that second outfit. You look very beachy in both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So can't wait to see what you got.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  6. These colourful outfits are like dopamine, Mica! They look gorgeous on you - the turquoise bag is really set off to perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There I was oohing and aahing over your first outfit, with those gorgeous fuchsia linen shorts, but it was your second outfit which really made my heart sing! Those colours are absolutely delicious! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving the bright kimonos here, Mica! So flowy and pretty!

    New post up here; hope you come by!

    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  9. The second outfit is SO fun and colourful! I absolutely love it. It sounds like you had a very busy day, so I'm glad you had a fun and colourful outfit to run around in :D
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The orange and yellow mix is so fun! And the shorts are such a good length. I don't know how I feel about the phrase "stick insect eggs," though... LOL!!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...