Monday 17 June 2019

Grey Skater Dress Layered 2 Different Ways & Weekday Wear Linkup!

This little grey dress is one I frequently pass over for more 'interesting' pieces in my wardrobe at home, but I packed it as I know it goes with everything! I'm wearing it below with my striped duster but some very different outfits - spring in Scotland brought a couple of warmer days in the middle of all the freezing weather!

What I wore:

grey skater dress converse striped duster royal mile red phone boxes Edinburgh may spring | awayfromblue

striped duster with leggings grey skater dress Louis Vuitton speedy converse spring edinburgh cherry blossom

awayfromtheblue Instagram grey skater dress layered for warm day in greyfriars kirkyard
JacketKmart striped maxi cardigan
Earrings: gold pendant chandelier earrings
NecklaceTiffany diamonds by the yard necklace
DressAsos grey skater dress
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere

Why I wore it:

This was actually a really warm day! Not warm enough for me to go completely bare-armed (this grey skater dress has short sleeves), but warm enough to not need a scarf or thick jacket. I actually began to wonder if I made a mistake packing just scarves and no statement necklaces in my travel wardrobe! I settled with statement earrings instead, I thought the gold was a nice detail against the plain grey dress.

Casual and comfortable for a day exploring Edinburgh - walking up and down the Royal Mile, buying some souvineers, and then visiting Greyfriar's Bobby and Greyfriar's Kirkyard. It's where JK Rowling got a lot of names for Harry Potter - Tom Riddle is buried there. I got to get some photos under the cherry blossom trees I was so admiring, and felt like a proper blogger after doing so (especially as we had to stand in a line to wait for our turn under the trees!).




Last worn: striped duster, chandelier earrings, Tiffany necklacegrey skater dress, Converse, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere.

Other ways to wearstriped duster for travel, grey skater dress an colourful accessories, Converse and jeans, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere at Disneyland.

Perfect for pregnancystriped duster in first trimester, grey skater dress in second trimester, Converse in second trimester, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere in third trimester.


What I Packed: International Flight With Kids




Sharing what I packed inside the Trunki suitcases for the boys on our international flights from Australia to Europe.




What I wore:

trench coat, scarf and cardigan with skater dress, ankle boots, louis vuitton speedy b bag brunch | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | cold weather brunch outfit layering dress for winter
Jacket: Barkins beige trench coat and Kmart striped maxi cardigan underneath
Scarf: Mickey Mouse printed scarf from Disneyland Paris
DressAsos grey skater dress
Shoes: RMK Chester black ankle boots
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere

Why I wore it:

Not the first time I've layered this striped duster under my trench coat! With the grey skater dress being short sleeved, I didn't realise how cold my arms would get even under my winter trench coat! And extra layer was needed so this striped duster was worn again, but with a big cosy scarf, completely lined trench coat and ankle boots!

I wore this out for brunch the morning of the wedding.


Last worn: trench coat, Mickey Mouse scarf, striped duster (above), grey skater dress (above), ankle boots, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere (above).

Other ways to weartrench coat and pencil skirt, Mickey Mouse scarf and printed dress, striped duster and jeans, grey skater dress at Disneyland, 30 ways to wear black ankle boots, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere and shorts.

Perfect for pregnancycamel trench in first trimester, striped duster in second trimester, grey skater dress in second trimester, ankle boots in second trimester, Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere in third trimester.


Skater Dresses Under $50:



How You Can Wear It:

A skater dress is a wardrobe staple - and it works in any weather! It's easy to wear simply on it's own, or by adding extra colour and print with other layers like coats, dusters and scarves.



Weekday Wear Linkup #23


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!





Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails




Linking up with Confident Twosday, Style Sessions, Trend Spin, Turning Heads, Style On The Daily, Fashion Frenzy, Fashion Files, Thursday Moda, Chic and Stylish, Fancy Friday, Friday Faves, Fabulous Friday, Lizzie In Lace.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

60 comments:

  1. The color of this skater dress is so versatile and can be worn in so many ways. Love your styling Mica!!! Hope you are having a lovely Monday!! x

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Trunki suitcases for your boys! How fun! I can hardly believe it's the same dress you've styled in both of these looks, so versatile. Have a great Monday Mica!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Trunkis were such good ideas, I was so happy with them! :)

      Delete
  3. Love how styled your skater dress Mica, the dress is so versatile and looks fab on you! Have a wonderful week ahead!


    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mica, what a great dress! I love skater dresses...they are cute and comfortable and very versatile. I love it with the long cardigan and sneakers! Super cute!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a versatile dress! I love how you lated with both of them. Grey is such a great neutral. Thanks for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. How versatile is your dress! Love it styled with the striped duster and converse. And I still can't get over how fabulous your trip looks! Lots of great memories I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many wonderful memories, thank you!

      Delete
  7. That dress is so versatile and can be combined in so many ways, what a great investment! :D


    http://www.couture-case.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous dress, Mica! It's such a fun piece and looks so different in both outfits, which shows how versatile it is! Love the pic of you in the phone booth and under those beautiful cherry blossoms! Hope you have a wonderful week ahead, Mica! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your skater dress looks so cute and comfy! Love it styled with the long striped cardigan! Such a versatile staple!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how the layers make this dress two completely different looks! Great styling, Mica!

    www.jessicabroyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. loved both the dresses n the packing looks fun
    www.stylebasket.in

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great dress to travel with Mica...it's so versatile and goes with everything.
    I'm not sure how it happened, but one of my links got put in twice. I couldn't figure out how to delete one of them??
    XOXO
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love how you styled the skater dress in the second look! It's so cute! And the layering was perfect!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a super cool dress and very versatile, Mica. I've sewn a skater dress, and now you're inspiring me to make another one:)
    PS As a Potterhead, I am so jealous:P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's definitely a must-see for a Harry Potter fan!

      Delete
  15. Such cute, warm, comfy looks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your dress is really versatile. Like it.

    https://alishasamson.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a lovely and versatile dress, I like how you styled it in both outfits.

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your holiday snaps look amazing! The grey dress is a really versatile piece to pack, even if it was a bit chilly some days... love it paired with the trench!

    Eileen | 5feetofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. What adorable looks for exploring! I'm headed to Europe in a few weeks and trying to figure out what to pack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope that you've got some inspiration from my blog :)

      Delete
  20. That skater dress look so good one you. I loved seeing what you packed in your kids suitcase.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  21. Grey is such a great neutral and the skater silhouette of this dress is so versatile as evidenced by the two completely different outfits you've created with it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. How cool to get to Edinburgh. And this is great dress for sight seeing. I think it looks great in both looks. And you guys looked like you had a wonderful time.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your two-tone grey skater dress is very cute, and very versatile indeed. Love the photo of you posing in the red telephone box. They are a dying breed, you know ... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the second styling and your use of layers! It makes the look all the more interesting!

    www.sundaydahlias.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I do like both ways you styled this dress. The photos under the cherry trees are so lovely. You look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like the outfits here, and pieces that you packed, practical but also great fun pieces for the kids as well.
    Just headed back to work after some time off in the countryside. <3 Have a wonderful week ahead.
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your travel layers are awesome, Mica! I love the pic in the red phone booth!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That looks really cute.. you always style your outfits so well.

    http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the look of a skater dress, but for some reason don't own many. It really is such a pretty silhouette too.

    Also, I had no idea that was where J.K. Rowling got the ideas for her names. How interesting. I thought she just made them up.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, there are so many graves with the names from the books! You can do a tour and see all the places that inspired parts of the books!

      Delete
  30. Isn't it so funny how we pass over pieces typically, but they are so perfect and versatile when traveling? I do that with my striped dress too! I like the dual shades of grey in this dress!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I almost didn't realize you were wearing the same dress—the layers definitely make the difference!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  32. Todo es precioso! Espero tu opinión en mi último post! Feliz día! 😘😘😘

    ReplyDelete
  33. Loving the classic Barkins beige trench coat. So pretty with the maxi cardigan dear!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. This dress is super cute Mica and you look adorable in it. Love it
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh I love that dress on you Mica! And I love the long cardigan over it! This is my most favorite look on you!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Layering this dress is so smart! Definitely warms it up!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  37. Aw wow this is such a lovely outfit!! x

    Grace Louise || www.gracelouiseofficial.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love to meet your family, well your husband ahahah!!
    You look lovely in both outfits.
    The australian weather is much better I bet, living without seeing the sun it's hard!!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. so cool blog!!!
    thanks for sharing!!

    https://www.itzytrendy.com/2019/06/denim-dress-from-dropship-clothes.html

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love your amazing blog, truly inspiring, thank you for sharing.

    xxx

    www.richmomlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Mica you are looking so stylish and trendy, this outfit looks wonderful on you and suits you nicely.

    Really hope that you're keeping well my beautiful friend.

    Laura xo
    www.shehearts.net

    ReplyDelete
  42. Your outfit #2 looks so cozy with all the layers! Seems like it would be perfect for Fall, which is one of my favorite seasons to style for.

    BLOG | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  43. This is a cute skater dress, good on you to pack this up too on your holiday, such a versatile piece. I like the Mickey Mouse scarf, it certainly adds a fun colour and print.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love how you layered this dress! Definitely a perfect piece for traveling!

    -Katie
    http://www.hellokatiegirlblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  45. That is a classic dress to own. I think you styled them perfectly for vacation!

    http://www.ruthyannie.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. Both ways you wore the grey dress look great and I love that striped duster! Neutral dresses are always the best when traveling. And I hope you had the best time in Edinburgh! I love the cherry blossom photos.

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  47. Your skater dress is perfect for a travel. I love how you paired it with sneakers.

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love simple but cute and cozy pieces like your skater dress, although I also tend to not pick them. They're so great, but they just don't stand out enough against other things in the ol' closet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really need to change that up and wear this piece more, I love it!

      Delete
  49. Thanks all for your lovely comments, and for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...