Monday 6 June 2022

Maxi Skirts And Denim Jackets | Weekday Wear Link Up

Sharing two recent outfits I wore for today's Weekday Wear Link Up, layering up my maxi skirts a little to make them more suitable for the autumn weather with a couple of denim jackets. I accessorised both outfits with my little Rebecca Minkoff Edie shoulder bag, despite the differences in the colours in both outfits.


What I wore:




JacketCotton On girlfriend denim jacket in whitehaven
Necklace: Kelly's Kloset rainbow layered necklace
Tee: thrifted Mix Apparel black marle tee
Skirtthrifted Tree of Life ochre maxi skirt
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in white
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff Edie regular shoulder bag in Luna blue


Why I wore it:

It was quite a chilly morning so I was pleased when the day warmed up a bit - I'd been regretting the decision not to wear a scarf on the school run, but thankfully it was a bit warmer at school pickup in the afternoon! Was a nice quiet day - the usual school run with the kids and working from home. I felt it was time to give one of my maxi skirts another wear, I'd worn a lot of jeans over autumn! But before winter set in it was good to get another skirt out. The denim jacket was a nice layer for it, particularly after the day warmed up!

Like the black space dye tee, the ochre maxi skirt was an opshop find too. They pair so nicely together I'm surprised I hadn't worn them together before! And with the white print on the tee I knew the white denim jacket would be the perfect topper. The Luna blue Rebecca Minkoff Edie shoulder bag doesn't match anything in the outfit but I like blue with orange and I feel this shade of blue goes with everything!


Last worn: white denim jacket, beaded necklace, space dye tee, ochre maxi skirt, white Converse, Rebecca Minkoff Edie shoulder bag.

Other ways to wearwhite denim jacket and little black dress, space dye tee and printed jeans, ochre maxi skirt and band tee, white Converse and midi skirt, Rebecca Minkoff Edie shoulder bag and floral dress.

Perfect for pregnancywhite Converse in second trimester.


My Blue Handbag Collection:






What I wore:




Jacket: Jeanswest Kitty denim biker jacket
ScarfAlexander McQueen modal skull scarf in white/pink
Tee: thrifted Cotton on grey tunic tee
Skirt: thrifted Crossroads black ruffle hem maxi skirt
Shoesthrifted Adidas Superstar sneakers
BagRebecca Minkoff Edie regular shoulder bag in Luna blue


Why I wore it:

This was a really windy day! I had such a hard time trying to get a photo of my outfit in the morning - and I have quite a few outtakes of me dashing towards the camera when a big gust of wind came just as I pressed the button to snap a pic, worried my tripod was going to fall over! Despite the wind it wasn't really that cold though. The scarf was a necessity to keep me cosy, but I didn't need any more layers than that and the denim jacket.

Again the kids had school and I had to work from home, with a quick doctor's appointment in the morning. My doctor was wearing a maxi skirt as well! Unlike the outfit above, there's a bit of blue in this outfit with the blueish grey of the tunic tee and the blue moto denim jacket. I thought the Rebecca Minkoff Edie shoulder bag, while not a perfect match for any of the blue tones, was a great accessory with this and of course it could fit my current library book read to pass the time in the waiting room!


Last worn: moto denim jacket, pink Alexander McQueen skull scarf, grey tunic, black maxi skirt, Adidas superstar sneakers, Rebecca Minkoff Edie bag (above).

Other ways to wearmoto denim jacket and jeans, pink Alexander McQueen skull scarf and chambray dress, grey tunic and culottes, black maxi skirt and pink tee, Adidas superstar sneakers and shorts, Rebecca Minkoff Edie bag and denim skirt.

Perfect for pregnancy: pink Alexander McQueen skull scarf in second trimester.


How You Can Wear It:

Maxi skirts can work in autumn before it gets too cold! Layer them up a little with a denim jacket, and add a scarf if it's a much cooler day.



Weekday Wear Linkup #172


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!


Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails





Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

52 comments:

  1. Denim jackets is all I wear, when I wear a jacket, in summer and spring. It looks always good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's usually too hot to wear them in summer here but I agree they do look good! Such a staple!

      Delete
  2. Super cute looks, Mica. I really like your blue denim in the moto jacket style. It is such a unique spin on a denim jacket!

    Shelbee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great piece, I'm so glad i bought it!

      Delete
  3. Both looks are lovely! I love the contrast of the blue jacket and white skull scarf. Thanks so much for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color of your bag is gorgeous! Love both of these cute and cozy outfits! Thank you for the linkup!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are two great outfits with denim jackets and maxi skirts! I especially love your blue denim moto jacket-it's such a perfect find and makes every outfit you wear it with look so special! Thanks for the link up and have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like the weather has been really inconsistent lately! Cool and then warmer...and then lots of wind as well! Love both of these looks. The layering means you will always be ready, no matter what mother nature has in store. <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it has been very strange and unseasonable weather! Thankfully now, mid way through June, it's starting to get back to normal!

      Delete
  7. I love how you always inspire me for the upcoming seasons: I tend to wear mostly jeans with scarves and forget to do my maxis.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been wearing jeans a lot lately, so wanted to try switch it up a little!

      Delete
  8. Such great style here. I love both outfits especially the skirts. They are so versatile and the comfort is just great.
    https://www.bauchlefashion.com/2022/05/summers-edition-mays-hottest-style-drops.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't think I have ever paired my denim jacket with a maxi skirt, I need to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like these outfits. The black space dye/marl T with ochre skirt is a great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,
    That formula never fails! That's really windy there! You look lovely in both outfits! Have a great week!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your orange maxi skirt! The color is unique and perfect outfit for errands and working from home. I hope you had a great weekend and happy Monday!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think maxi skirts are perfect for all seasons and can be worn with all manner of tops, jumpers and jackets. I'm loving the first outfit the most and I think the denim biker of the second outfit would be fantastic worn with the ochre skirt! Have a great week ahead Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I do try wear them year round, it was nice to get them out again as I'd been wearing a lot of jeans and need to remind myself there are other options, haha!

      Delete
  14. You are the queen of maxi dresses and skirt. Hope you have a great week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the color of the first skirt.
    I never go to a doctors appointment without a book.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love both looks! But once again I can't linkup! It just won't let me. Come linkup to mine if you can:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry you're still having technical issues!

      Delete
  17. The purse goes so well with both of these outfits, Mica! I love it with the marigold maxi. Sorry about all the wind! I am always scared my camera will fall off its ledge during my stair pictures and smash on the pavement 4 storeys below!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eek that would be scary! I'm lucky it's usually pretty stable on the tripod but I have had to catch it a few times this month as it's just been so windy!

      Delete
  18. I'm loving your cute layers! Your gorgeous bag looks great with both outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been living in maxi skirts lately—looks like you are too ;) Aren't they the best?
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, that ocre maxi is fabulous and I love how you styled it Mica. You're such a great inspiration to wear my maxis in the cooler temps.
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Los dos outfits son muy bonitos, le dan mucho estilo las chaquetas, saludos:D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your bag is beautiful.
    I really loved your jackets.
    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your RM bag is gorgeous and pairs so well with both of your looks! I love the first one with your yellow skirt.

    I hope you are having a great week so far!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love how you styled both skirts, Mica:) As I've said before, you are the queen of maxi skirts! Always inspiring to see your outfits, and how you accessorize. I really need to buy a nice skirt for the summer, or at least sew one. And that Edie bag....such an awesome colour to boot! That Luna blue is such a great neutral.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh if I could sew a maxi skirt I don't think I'd ever sew anything else, haha! I do try wear them year-round!

      Delete
  25. I love this bag, looks so comfy and versatile!
    have a great week,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  26. Really like the pumpkin shade of your skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really feel like wearing maxi skirts more and the way you style them is actually one my inspiration sources! You wear it so beautifully and so natural! Pairing it with a jacket adds some edge and makes it less romantic. I have to admit I love both looks

    ReplyDelete
  28. You look beautiful, dear Mica! And I love the photo shot with the wind blowing the skirt lightly.
    Marie
    https://theflowerduet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm a big fan of this combo- it's just so chic and easy! You look great in both looks, Mica!

    I'm sharing a prairie dress in my new post- I bet it would look great with an oversized denim jacket, too!

    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  30. I like both your outfits and I find that the bag is a perfect choice for both of them. I also like a lot that type of pants, very comfortable and stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for the style suggestions! I just got a maxi skirt in the mail today that I want to try styling soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you love wearing your maxi skirt!

      Delete
  32. Denim jacket and maxi skirt for the win! Well done, Mica.

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a beautiful blue bag collection! Also, I love your layered rainbow necklace. What a fab find. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. totally love these outfits! that bag is very versatile too


    style frontier

    ReplyDelete
  35. Denim jackets are so versatile. Both of these outfits look great! Hope your week is going well.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh you look more gorgeous in skirts than tees. I love the way you are carrying it with such a grace. Much love from my side.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I always love that ochre skirt on you. It’s just such a gorgeous, vibrant shade! Your blue Edie really pops against the black maxi skirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That skirt was such a good opshop find - it's such a beautiful colour!

      Delete
  38. Thanks all for your comments - and for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...