Thursday 29 December 2022

What I Bought in 2022, and Fashion Resolutions For 2023

Just like last year and the year before, I'm looking back at all my fashion related purchases over the past 12 months. Seeing if I came under the spending goal I set myself in 2021, and how much I've been wearing all of the things I bought.


what i bought in 2022 fashion spend for the year style blogger awayfromblue


What I Bought & How Often I Wore It


It's always my goal to wear things twice in the month I purchase them. This stops me having items taking up space in my wardrobe unworn for weeks, and ensures I'm buying practical pieces that work for my current lifestyle. I don't always achieve that goal. Once again this year I went to the pre-Christmas sale at the opshop where I filled a bag of toys, clothes, books and games for just $10. It meant I had a lot of great value clothing items added to my wardrobe at under $1 each, but also sadly no time to wear them all with just a week and a half left in December! Giving myself a pass for that though, I know I will get a lot of wear from these pieces in the new year, just as I did with the pieces I picked up last year.


Opshop and Preloved Buys:

  • thrifted no brand navy grid print scarf - worn 3 times
  • thrifted Eb&Ive black wooden bead multi strand statement necklace - worn 5 times
  • thrifted Ghanda midi slink skirt in green mini blossom - worn 4 times
  • thrifted Kmart pastel soft culotte shorts in floral print - worn 3 times
  • thrifted Forever 21 wine ribbed knit jumper - 0 wears
  • thrifted Kmart dusty rose cami - worn once
  • thrifted Kmart black and white embellished cover up - worn once
  • thrifted Kmart rust button up linen blend skirt - worn once
  • thrifted Kmart fuchsia linen blend shorts - worn once
  • thrifted Kmart cumin linen blend pull on shorts - 0 wears
  • thrifted No label chambray tie strap cami - worn once
  • thrifted Cotton On orange and white stripe The One crew neck tee - worn once

Things Bought New:

  • Silver chain handbag strap - worn 3 times
  • Kmart long sleeve black tie neck dress in floral wisteria print - worn 4 times

The least worn were those late December opshop finds, naturally. Just not enough days left in December to wear them all when I bought them! I'm pleased to see I wore everything else a good number of times, and of course the Chloe Marcie bag was my most worn purchase of the year, which was fitting as it was such a big splurge!



Fashion Spend For 2022 - Under Budget!


This year was an interesting one, in terms of things I bought I don't think I've ever added so few items to my wardrobe in a year before! I only bought 18 things. All of them were preloved buys expect for 2. The floral Kmart dress I picked up in the store clearance sale, and I bought a new handbag strap as well. Everything else was an opshop (thrift store) find or a preloved find online. I'm really pleased I shopped second hand so much this year, it was one of my goals!

Although I didn't buy a lot I did have a few splurges in there, meaning that I spent more this year than last year. In 2021, I bought 26 items, and spent $580.63.

This year, I bought 18 items and spent $943.84.  Under my $,1000 budget and 36 item goal I set last year! And if you exclude the massive over $800 splurge on the Chloe Marcie bag, it would have been a very low spend year instead. Definitely felt like treating myself though, even if that one item took up most of my budget.



Fashion Resolutions for 2023


Much like last year, I have the same goals for my fashion spend in the year ahead:

  • Spend Less - $1,000 limit, but always trying to see how little I need to buy, and working on reducing impulse buys.
  • Shop Second Hand More - it would be good to have an entire year of nothing more than preloved additions to my wardrobe, although I'm certainly not going to turn down a retail sale bargain if I see it! Just like this year, having the majority of my fashion purchases being pre-loved will achieve this goal.
  • Buy Less - I bought under 20 items this year, would be good not to buy more than 20 next year!


Have you set yourself any goals or resolutions for your spending on fashion in the year ahead?



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

46 comments:

  1. This is a great recap, Mica! I love that most of what you bought are thrifted and yay for being under budget! Thanks for sharing your 2023 goals as well. Very inspiring:)
    Have a great New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased I stayed under budget even with that big bag splurge!

      Delete
  2. You did awesome this year on your spending. Good Luck on your 2023 goals.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound like great goals! I hope you can pull them off and stay on budget!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes fingers crossed I can achieve the goals again!

      Delete
  4. I wish you a happy year 2023, especially good health!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on your buying goals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's so impressive Mica. I need to reign in my spending because I'm running out of room in my closet. I like the idea of wearing it twice in the month you buy it too.
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Having my dream wardrobe room definitely helps as I don't want to over stuff it, haha!

      Delete
  7. Wow! You did really well! I loved reading this wrap up post. I think it's important to splurge on yourself every now and then and you seem to know when the right time is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! :) Always good to splurge now and then!

      Delete
  8. Well done on your resolution, Mica! I am really impressed that you only bought two new things, and that your $800 bag accounted for 80% of your annual spend! I am going to really try not to buy things that I don't REALLY LOVE - not just because they are a name or are cheap. That's a challenge for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Impulse buys are my downfall too - I'm going to try be more thoughtful with my purchases this year!

      Delete
  9. I think I accidentally hit enter in my last comment, but I do appreciate you sharing your goals! Have a happy new year!
    PerlaGiselle | iamperlita.com
    ♥ | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your goals are so great, and your analysis inspires me! Happy Holidays!!

    akiko
    https://kimonosnack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your goals are so great, and your analysis inspires me! Happy Holidays!!

    akiko
    https://kimonosnack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy holidays Mica. You have a great goals here.

    https://www.melodyjacob.com/2022/12/straight-bob-human-hair-wig-with-bangs.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice to see how your year went, Mica! It so interesting to see someone else’s approach to their wardrobe. Here’s to a terrific 2023!

    Michelle
    https://funkyfashionstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I should probably take a leaf out of your book, but then again, I'm sure I never will :-) You did really, really well, staying under budget AND the majority of your purchases being pre-loved! I'm sure you'll succeed with your resolutions for 2023 as well! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I've been working hard to focus on these goals!

      Delete
  15. Wow, this really makes me curious how many things I added to my closet this year--and how much I've *actually* worn them! I'm impressed with how little you bought this year--and how many items were secondhand! I got a few higher-end clothing items secondhand on Poshmark this year, and I really need to remember that Poshmark is there as an option. I forgot how much I used to shop in secondhand stores pre-covid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish our shipping was cheaper as at $10 minimum shipping it's hard to find preloved clothes bargains online. Spoiled for choice with all the opshops around though! :)

      Delete
  16. So many great buys for the year! The Marcie was totally worth it, especially since you regret getting rid of your other one.
    I definitely have similar goals for myself, buy secondhand mostly, some sale items and try not to buy things I don't need no matter how pretty!
    (and I agree, you deserve a pass on your latest buys since you barely had time to wear them all twice, haha!)
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's so much better for the budget and environment to buy second hand more! :)

      Delete
  17. My fashion resolutions for year 2023 are somewhat similar to yours, that is: shop, spend/less, more second- hand items.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You did so well!! I love how you really work your finds into your wardrobe. Buying only 18 pieces is great!! Happy New Year Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You showed great restraint and good budgeting sense over the year - very well done to you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's amazing to see you are under budget for 2022. I love how organized you are when it comes to shopping. I hope you had a lovely Christmas with your family. Happy 2023!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the idea of fashion resolutions for the new year! I'm going to come up with a list for myself as well. Happy New Year!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would love to see them if you post about them! :)

      Delete
  22. Hehe great resolutions for the new year, wish you all the best and happy new year

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well done on sticking to your budget! Best of luck with 2023's spending.. I too tend to struggle with impulse buys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've definitely been working on it over the years, but I think I'll always be easily swayed by something cute and cheap, haha!

      Delete
  24. A lot of work in this post. My daughter and I had a challenge in 2022 of only 22 items. She went way overboard and other than lounge clothes, leggings, etc.. I did pretty well. Not I'm going to try and keep it to one item per month. But I'm thinking a dollar amount might be a better plan. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done for setting and achieving that challenge! Good luck with your goals for this year :)

      Delete
  25. I think it is amazing that you really make sure to use every item in your wardrobe and that you pay attention to how much you are bringing home. I am definitely not that organized! You are goals, for sure. Congratulations on staying below the budget you set for yourself. That is really impressive.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's something I've been really trying to focus on lately for sure!

      Delete
  26. wow that's impressive! the chloe marcie bag is gorgeous and i'm sure you will wear it more in the days to come

    happy new year my dear! wishing you a great 2023 (:

    ReplyDelete
  27. You did quite well and like you said, if you exclude the one big purse item buy, it is very impressive. My goal is definitely to limit the impulse buys this year and do a lot more 2nd hand shopping and spend less. I do need to keep better track of my spending!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been interesting seeing the spend over the years since I started tracking it!

      Delete
  28. A great review, and set of goals for the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love how you keep track of your spending over the year, Mica! It's so neat to be able to look back on, especially with what you've worn, how many wears, and then you can see what you didn't get a chance to wear - and that's probably easier to get some use out of it as soon as you're able to. :)

    Wishing you the brightest 2023, my dear friend!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! it's good to realise what hasn't been worn much and make an effort to give it the wears it deserves! :)

      Delete
  30. Thanks all for your kind comments, and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...