Wednesday 17 April 2019

Olive Embroidered Pieces: Tanks and Soft Shorts

Making the most of the autumn heatwave where it felt like summer just a few weeks ago and wearing some more tanks and soft shorts outfits. I picked these green tanks to wear after seeing a post on Jodie's blog about wearing different shades of green, and realised these tanks were overdue a wear.

What I wore:


olive embroidered tank, printed culotte shorts, rebecca minkoff camera bag heatwave mum style | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff MAB Camera Bag in almond | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue instagram olive embroidered tank, black printed shorts, rebecca minkoff camera bag
Tank: Target embroidered khaki tank
ShortsJeanswest Parker printed shirred short
ShoesNovo Tawny rose gold sandals
BagRebecca Minkoff MAB Camera Bag in almond

Why I wore it:

I had thought about wearing a kimono with this outfit, but when it was 39 degrees (102 Fahrenheit) I decided to keep it simple with just the tank and soft shorts. Spent one of my usual days with the boys, attending the playground and library in the morning and trying to fit in a few errands too. We didn't spend long at the playground though due to the heat!

This olive embroidered tank was a complete impulse buy from the Target sale rack a couple of years ago and every time I wear it I'm grateful to my past self for picking it up! It worked perfectly for breastfeeding, the long loose style letting me pull it up on one side while still keeping my belly covered. And on a hot day the loose flowing fabric was perfectly cool.

Paired with some light shorts and then the rose gold sandals to match the gold hardware on the Rebecca Minkoff MAB camera bag, perfect outfit.


Last worn: olive embroidered tank, black printed shorts, rose gold sandals, Rebecca Minkoff MAB camera bag.

Other ways to wearolive embroidered tank for travel, black printed shorts in monochrome outfit, rose gold sandals and maxi skirt, Rebecca Minkoff MAB camera bag and maxi skirt.



What's In My Bag: Rebecca Minkoff MAB Camera Bag










What I wore:

two shades of green in one outfit striped tank embroidered shorts and white kimono | away from blue

olive shorts, tan Rebecca Minkoff MAB Camera Bag in almond | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | two shades of green in one outfit striped tank and soft shorts kimono converse
JacketShein lace trimmed crochet inset white kimono C/O
Necklace: Kmart navy and gold beaded tassel necklace
TankCotton On stripe sailor tank in dusky green / grey marle
ShortsJeanswest Tessa olive embroidered shorts
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in white
BagRebecca Minkoff MAB Camera Bag in almond

Why I wore it:

This was the outfit that came to mind when talking with Jodie in the comments of her blog post, about trying two green pieces together. I thought this striped tank would be a nice match with the olive embroidered shorts. I was surprised when I put the two together and realised the tank wasn't as olive as I'd thought, more of a khaki! I decided to try it anyway, but at the last minute added a bit of brightness to all the neutrals with the plain white kimono.

I have a lot of kimonos in my collection, and this plain white one comes in helpful when I can't decide what printed one to wear, as it goes with everything! It came in helpful at the playground too for a bit of a blocker against the mozzies, they have been particularly bad in the Bayside lately!

Again I stuck with the Rebecca Minkoff MAB camera bag, the tan is a nice neutral with the olive tones. Picked closed in shoes as it was a little cooler, and Converse are so comfortable for running around the playground with the boys.


Last worn: white crochet kimono, navy and gold tassel necklace, green and grey striped tank, olive embroidered shorts, Converse, Rebecca Minkoff MAB camera bag (above).

Other ways to wearwhite crochet kimono and printed shorts, green and grey striped tank and skinny jeans, olive embroidered shorts and printed scarf, Converse and printed dress, Rebecca Minkoff MAB camera bag and maxi skirt.

Perfect for pregnancygreen and grey striped tank in second trimester, Converse in second trimester.


Olive Embroidered Pieces Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

I find green a tricky colour to wear, but olive is a nice neutral! You can play it safe like I have in the first outfit by wearing it with other neutrals, black and tan and gold all work nicely. If you're feeling more adventurous, you can branch out a little more and try two green pieces together like I have in the second outfit with the olive embroidered shorts, for something a little different.


Linking up with Fancy Friday.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

50 comments:

  1. Both flowy shorts look perfect for hot days! And they are super cute too!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both! You're always so pretty Mica!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Target tank is super cute. And I love the green-on-green combo. Totally worked, and the addition of the white kimono adds a "freshness" to it:)
    Hope you're having a lovely Wednesday so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emmy :) I think the kimono really made a difference!

      Delete
  4. I love all these shades of green (one of my favourite colours) - and it makes me think that I should acquire something with an olive tone for my closet.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find green tricky and olive the most wearable of the shades!

      Delete
  5. What a cute camera bag, I haven't seen something quite like it. Happy hump day!

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving both of these! You have such a cute collection of shorts! I may need to beef mine up for the Summer. But I probably won't, haha. Still trying to behave with spending
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute outfits, I wish it was warm enough to wear shorts in the Uk!

    Jenny | Local Leo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these outfits!! The different shades of green really compliment the look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The first outfit is so cute, perfect for summer. Lovely top and shorts combo. I like how your gold sandals match the hold clasp on your RM bag. The second outfit is very pretty too. I would say that the olive shorts match quite well with the striped khaki top...and the white kimono is the perfect finishing touch. You look great in both outfits.

    https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe it was 102 degrees- OMG!! That is the perfect outfit to keep you cool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I completely bow in respect for you staying stylin' in 39 degree heat, Mica! I would be a wilted puddle of goo, and wearing nothing but a giant cotton sack! Love these autumnal colours - you look great in them.

    Hope you have a lovely week(end)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes it does get a bit hard in the heat to look presentable in photos!

      Delete
  12. These outfits are so cute! I love the striped tank...the color is beautiful!

    http://roadesque.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. such pretty casual outfits! green looks absolutely gorgeous on you, Mica! x
    have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You really can't go wrong with that RM camera bag. The neutral color and classic style is so versatile and wearable.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I just love these olive green pieces. The white kimono is beautiful and of course I adore the Rebecca Minkoff camera bag . These transitional weather patterns are challenging aren’t they!
    ❤️❤️🧡
    Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow you guys are surely having a crazy heatwave. Try to stay cool.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully it only lasted a few weeks :)

      Delete
  17. Wow! What a great bfg! I really like your outfits!
    http://www.recklessdiary.ru

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's definitely tank top season and I love the combo of green and brown very much. Both looks are winners in my book. I adore the bag!!!

    https://www.fashionablyidu.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love Target and the embroidered top is too cute!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow that is a crazy heatwave! I hope you manage to stay as cool as possible. I love the shorts in your last post! The green is a classic!

    http://www.ruthyannie.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am really enjoying different shades of green and olive at the moment, I just bought a parka from an online thrift store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need an olive parka! I think it would be great for cooler weather!

      Delete
  22. I literally cannot wait to wear my shorts! You're giving me inspiration here! Love the cross-body bag with these looks!
    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow...thanks for the shoutout, Mica!! I love your interpretation!!
    XOOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love that bag, really lovely and stylish! Both outfits are so cool and comfy!
    Have a wonderful day!:)

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
  25. Soft shorts are some of my favorites because they're so breezy + easy to wear!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  26. have a great Easter weekend too!

    https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love that color very much. In fact I'm wearing it today!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I particularly like the top, which is very cute with those shorts. Your rose gold sandals make me long to wear mine! Have a lovely Easter weekend, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. I like both of these ways! That camera bag is so cute. Thanks for sharing the video, you know I love those!

    x,
    S | Je M'appelle Chanel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you liked the video )

      Delete
  30. Such cute summery outfits! I love the mixes of neutrals you used, it makes the outfit seem colorful without being super bright if that makes sense? Also love the matching of the bag hardware to the shoes!

    ♥︎ Geeky Posh

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the neutral olive color in both of these looks! Getting excited for looks like this soon around here.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. 102? Oh my goodness! I wouldn't have been able to add another layer even if it was a kimono either! I have just started to add more olive to my summer wardrobe. It's is such a nice neutral!

    ReplyDelete
  33. You always manage to make shorts look so stylish, Mica! These two pairs are lovely and both such versatile pieces. Olive and khaki are shades that have really grown on me lately. I love the rose gold sandals with the olive tank in the first outfit and I love the embroidery on the shorts in your second outfit! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love olive green and I think it's a color that works year-round. That embroidered tank is so pretty, and it's perfect for a hot day. I can't believe it will be shorts weather here soon as well!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oooof, yeah, these are good outfits for it being 102 degrees! Cute and comfy but still fashionable. You look great in olive, Mica!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love both of these outfits with the green, and I can't believe it was 102 there! These outfits look perfect for the heat. I love the striped tank with those shorts and the printed shorts in the first outfit are really cute!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can get really hot even though it's technically autumn!

      Delete
  37. That camera bag is lovely Mica - i love the rich color. Over lunch (YES, LUNCH) I picked up one at a consignment shop in that same shade. Little did i know it looked so good with olive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to seeing you styling yours! :)

      Delete
  38. That's such a pretty tank dear. Also, classic bag you got there.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...