Monday 30 May 2022

Double Denim Outfits For Autumn | Weekday Wear Link Up

Cooler autumn days at the end of May meant being able to layer up and create these two double denim outfits. Both of these outfits pair blue denim jackets with differently coloured jeans.


What I wore:

double denim indigo jacket and faded black skinny jeans with silver tank and prune rebecca minkoff MAB | awyafromtheblue

Rebecca Minkoff prune MAC with pom pom and tassel keychain | awayfromtheblue


Jacket: Bubblegum denim jacket
Necklace: Kmart gold and navy beaded necklace
Tank: Jeanswest Maji metallic tank in soft green and silver
Jeans: thrifted Jeanswest faded black cropped butt lifter jeans
Shoesthrifted Adidas Superstar sneakers
Bracelets: the usual
Bag: Rebecca Minkoff prune MAC with pom pom and tassel keychain


Why I wore it:

This was such a wet day! School run gets just a little bit more tricky and frustrating when you add in the rain. Thankfully it was a nice dry morning though, and we didn't get wet on the way to school. We definitely needed our umbrellas in the afternoon! I helped out in my son's classroom before working from home before picking the kids up after school. It started raining just as I got to the school gate for school pick up - luckily I had my umbrella and was carrying the kids, so could let one of my friends borrow the boys umbrella for our dash to the classroom!

These faded black jeans were an awesome opshop find, and with the black jeans being such a different colour from the blue denim, I knew they would look good with this denim jacket. I can see these jeans becoming a firm favourite and hitting 30 wears quickly, and I will definitely wear them with this jacket again!

With the denim and the silver tank this outfit was missing something and a bit plain - the prune Rebecca Minkoff MAC bag was the perfect pop of colour and made the outfit feel a bit more like me and less neutral.


Last worn: denim jacket, metallic tank, beaded necklace, faded black jeans, Adidas Superstar sneakers. First time I've shared the MAC bag on the blog, as I got it for Mother's Day.

Other ways to weardenim jacket worn 30 ways, metallic tank and skirt, faded black jeans and kimono, Adidas Superstar sneakers and floral dress.

Perfect for pregnancydenim jacket in second trimester.


My Rebecca Minkoff Handbag Collection:






What I wore:

double denim moto jacket brown printed tank and olive skinny jeans with black tote bag | awayfromblue

denim jacket, Rebecca Minkoff medium unlined tote in black with shellac studded dome hardware | awayfromtheblue


Jacket: Jeanswest Kitty denim biker jacket
Necklace: thrifted gold large double circle necklace
Tank: Sass and Bide "For Easy Reference" tank
Jeans: Jeanswest Vicki skinny pant in moss green
Shoesthrifted Adidas Superstar sneakers
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff medium unlined tote in black with shellac studded dome hardware


Why I wore it:

Another blue denim jacket, with olive jeans this time! I liked wearing my brown floral kimono with these olive jeans previously, so I knew this brown printed tank would go nicely as well. The cooler autumn day meant I needed an extra layer, and this denim moto jacket is a cold weather staple.

Unlike the outfit above, I wasn't sure that the black Rebecca Minkoff tote was the perfect touch with this outfit, but I needed something practical for the day. As well as spending the morning at a school function watching the kids play, I was working from home and then had an appointment for my son in the afternoon after school pick up. I needed a big bag to hold our water bottles, and a book for him and for myself to amuse us in the waiting room.


Last worn: denim moto jacket, gold circle necklace, brown printed tank, olive jeans, Adidas Superstar (above), Rebecca Minkoff unlined tote.

Other ways to weardenim moto jacket and midi dress, brown printed tank and maxi skirt, olive jeans worn 30 ways, Adidas Superstar and shorts, Rebecca Minkoff unlined tote and chambray dress.




How You Can Wear It:

Try different coloured denim pieces like I have here for an easy denim on denim outfit that doesn't look too matchy-matchy.




Weekday Wear Linkup #171


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!


Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails





Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

64 comments:

  1. OK you could have used a tan or even a blue denim colored bag with this outfit - but you know, life often gets in the way of style, particularly when you're a Mum, and we have to take the most useful !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes a tan bag would have looked much better! I just need a big tan bag now in my wardrobe, haha!

      Delete
  2. Loved the blue jacket with olive jeans!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the outfit and layering up. The black bag looks great and something I would use
    Laila
    www.lailanblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking super cute Mica as always! Have a great week.
    -Nina
    http://www.stylingwithnina.com/2022/05/what-i-wore-for-date-night-in-miami.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love red color and the red bag is my favorite... kisses

    http://www.ioannesbaby.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love double denim! Have a great start of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both double denim looks! I never can get enough of that lighter deni waterfall jacket. Thanks for the link up Mica!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both of these double denim looks! I never can get enough of that waterfall jacket. Thanks so much for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your bright bag in the first outfit! It's so cute! Your light denim jacket really lightens up the second outfit perfectly too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love wearing double denim, but usually pair different washes of blue. I dont have any other colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like having something different from classic blue denim to try :)

      Delete
  11. Love the last outfit. I hate rain school days.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the first bag color!
    Have a great week!
    S

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab as always, love the outfits on you Mica, thanks for hosting the linkup too. Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's been ages since I wore double denim!
    The combination of faded black jeans and blue denim jacket of your first outfit makes it my favourite. I love these stronger colours on you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not something I wear a lot but it's fun to wear when I do!

      Delete
  15. Love denim, especially in jacket form! These are great, especially for Fall.

    Alexandra
    OnRockwoodLane.com
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Layering with a denim jacket is a great option for fall, when the weather starts to cool down. Here, we are just starting to shed the layers! Love both of your jackets and your double denim styling. Hope you have a good week, and thanks for the link up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's been a cold start to winter here - we have needed all the layers!

      Delete
  17. Mica, I'm a huge fan of double denim and you've done a marvelous job with your two looks showcasing how to style this trend.

    Rena
    www.finewhateverblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both denim jackets are stellar - classics! I like black denim - I wore it a lot in the 90s! I hope the rain holds off, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Los dos outfits son muy bonitos y me encanto la chaqueta, saludos:D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute denim jacket! I have a Bubblegum denim skirt that I just love. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm on a mission to add more denim skirts to my wardrobe - I wore a couple a lot in summer, I'm always looking for more in the opshops!

      Delete
  21. Wow, I really love that denim moto jacket Mica. What a fabulous find, and it pairs with the olive green perfectly.
    XOXO
    jodie
    www.jtouchfostyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Coincidentally Mica I have created a similar outfit in my latest post, a denim jacket with a rainbow bag! Love the bag you're showcasing. Thanks for the link-up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great outfit formula to follow!

      Delete
  23. I love so much denim and your jackets are very nice. Have a beautiful day Mica!
    https://chicchedimamma.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. A tote bag is a definite must as a mom - bonus when it's stylish! Hope your week is off to a good start!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes can't do mum life without a good tote bag or two, haha!

      Delete
  25. I loved both looks! Very beautiful <3

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Mica, I hope you're having a nice week so far!

    I totally agree with you. Double denim is the perfect option for fall or for the in between season, it is also so comfortable when you have a day full of errands. I totally agree with you, sometimes rain can make life a little bit complicated hehe.

    I liked that you also have a look with the olive green skinny jeans you showed us a few posts ago, they also look perfect with the classical blue denim :)

    Pablo
    www.HeyFungi.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Mica! I hope you're having a nice week so far!

    I totally agree with you: double denim is the perfect option when it comes to face in between seasons, just like autumn or fall. The best thing (besides it looks good with everything) is that it is perfect for its comfort and for those days when you have to run a lot of errands.

    I totally agree with you in the fact that rainy days could complicate some errands hehe.

    Ooh and I liked the second option with the skinny jeans in olive green, the look perfect with the classic blue of the jacket :)

    Pablo
    www.HeyFungi.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. You can never go wrong with denim on denim, if you ask me! (But I am Canadian, and of course, we have the Canadian Tuxedo.) I love both of these looks so much. I'm glad the rain held out until mid-way through the day. <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  29. You rock the look doll have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  30. It's so unusual seeing you wearing denim and so much! I like double denim combos as well, it looks very stylish for me. I actually love denim in general, for me it's always a win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I usually don't get a lot of wear from my jeans but it's been a really cold start to winter here after a wet end to autumn so it's all I've been reaching for, haha!

      Delete
  31. Both great outfits. While I love the prune mac bag, a bag that can fit a couple of books is my most favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Got to have some variety! :)

      Delete
  32. Both those jean jackets are fabulous! I do have one but I rarely think to reach for it...

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love a good denim-on-denim look, especially when it's a stealth one, like your second outfit! That jacket is super cute :)
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  34. Crazy to think you are heading into Autumn and we are going into Summer. I love your Autumn style though!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I think that black tote bag worked well with the outfit, Mica, and it is such a great size to hold all the necessities, you know? Love the combination of olive with the denim jacket as well. And those jeans are definitely a great op shop find, which reminds me that I need a pair of black jeans!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need to stop collecting black jeans, haha! I have so many but I could not resist these for $1!

      Delete
  36. Double denim is a great choice for a cool Autumn day!
    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Both of your denim on denim looks are so good, Mica, and so are your tote bags. Such a great combo for a busy day!

    I hope you are having a great week so far!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hey, you. Looking good. Hope you're having a good week so far.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Rain does add difficulty to school pick ups or errands. Yuck! But you look chic and ready with your double denim outfit. It’s such a great look and a timeless one at that! I haven’t seen that black tote from RM. Its beautiful and I love the plush star keycharm you added. I hope your week is going good so far!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is such a great tote! I got it for Christmas and it's just so perfect for mum life!

      Delete
  40. Love the red bag and the long necklace is so nice.

    Marie
    https://theflowerduet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. Both of these outfits are perfect to wear for weather. Enjoy the rest of the week Mica.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Great! I love denim jackets :)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Yeah, having to go out in the rain is a bummer. I've never liked the rain, but it was never a total deterrent until the pandemic. Now if it's raining, I'm like, forget it. I barely want to go anywhere on a sunny day! haha I really like your second jean jacket! I had one that I loved in a very similar style, just in sweatshirt material.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I much prefer staying cosy at home on a rainy day!

      Delete
  44. Those black jeans are a great find! I love both of these looks, that denim moto jacket is so cute! Having to go out and about in the rain can be a hassle for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I think red bag fits every color of dress! Looks really great.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Thanks all for your comments - and for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...