Wednesday 4 October 2023

Red Denim, Stripes, Sneakers and Black Bags

Two different red denim outfits for spring in Brisbane - with the slightly varying temperatures, the first one is simply shorts and a tee and the second one I needed the warmth of jeans and an extra layer. Both feature stripes with the red denim, because stripes and denim always work so well together no matter the colour of the denim!


What I wore:




Tee: thrifted navy stripe Coca-Cola logo tee
Shorts: thrifted red denim shorts
ShoesNew Balance Coast women's running shoe in black 
Bracelets: the usual
Bagthrifted Rebecca Minkoff vintage Cupid satchel in dark navy blue


Why I wore it:

Wore this for a regular work from home day, with a physio session at lunch time. As it was such a warm day, shorts and a tee were all I needed. I thought these thrifted red shorts would work well with the also thrifted Coca-Cola logo tee. Even if the shades of red are slightly different, they were close enough to make my matchy-matchy self happy.

It was the school holidays so didn't even have to do the school run - and hubby had the kids out most of the day so I had a really productive day. Shorts and a tee was just perfect for working from home and not having to worry about changing my outfit for physio.


Last worn: Coca-Cola tee, red denim shorts, New Balance sneakers, Rebecca Minkoff Cupid bag.

Other ways to wearCoca-Cola tee and skirt, red denim shorts and plain tee, Rebecca Minkoff Cupid bag and dress.





What I wore:




JacketKmart striped maxi cardigan
Necklace: Ruby Olive Art series long striped pod necklace
Tank: Jeanswest Maji metallic tank in soft green and silver
Jeans: thrifted Emerson red skinny jeans
ShoesSketchers Bountiful navy fabric sneakers
BagRebecca Minkoff medium unlined tote in black with shellac studded dome hardware


Why I wore it:

This was a busy day! I was working from home in the morning, and had a couple of appointments in the afternoon after picking up the kids from school. I knew I'd need a confidence boosting pop of colour, so these red jeans paired with the colourful beaded necklace were perfect! I kept the rest of the outfit neutral, with the silver tank, black and white striped cardigan and my big black Rebecca Minkoff unlined tote bag.

Taking the kids to the doctors after school pick up requires a lot of books and snacks, the big tote bag was definitely needed!




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

6 comments:

  1. loving the red pants. That awesome your hubby took the kids out for the day.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely sounds like you have been productive and busy lately! There always seems to be so much to do. I love that Coke t-shirt. It is fabulous!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right: stripes and denim are definitely made for each other. My favourite of the two is the second outfit with the red skinny jeans. That shade of red is absolutely delicious and I'm loving the pop of colour provided by your necklace! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, always a fan of your Coca-Cola tee and love that cardigan in the second look! :)

    I hope you're having a wonderful week so far!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving all the stripes and the mix of blue and red in these looks!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...