Friday 25 August 2023

Leather Jackets And Dresses

Making these two dresses suitable for winter temperatures with the black leather jacket I recently bought at Gladrags Markets. The first outfit, I wore this month and could go bare legged, the second I wore back in July when it was a lot colder and fleece lined tights were a must!


What I wore:

Target puff sleeve tiered denim dress, leather jacket and skull scarf | awayfromblue

thrifted Rebecca Minkoff vintage Cupid satchel in dark navy blue


JacketWitchery black belted moto leather jacket
ScarfAlexander McQueen magenta skull scarf in roses print
Earrings: blue and yellow daisy resin earrings
DressTarget puff sleeve tiered denim dress
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star coast blue
Bagthrifted Rebecca Minkoff vintage Cupid satchel in dark navy blue


Why I wore it:

This was a fun day! Spent some time with my mum and sister in the morning, getting haircuts (just a trim for me, as I'm still desperately trying to grow my hair out to donate again) and doing some dress shopping for an upcoming event.

Unfortunately the traffic coming back from up the coast made me a little late for dinner with some mum friends in the evening. I wasn't sure how long I'd be down the coast for so dressed for both things in case I didn't have time to change, thankfully. I didn't need the leather jacket for most of the day but I was so grateful for it at night, as it and the skull scarf kept me warm. 


Last worn: black leather jacket, skull scarf, earrings, tiered denim dress, blue Converse, Rebecca Minkoff Cupid bag.

Other ways to wearblack leather jacket and skirt, skull scarf and stripes, tiered denim dress and red, blue Converse and jeans, Rebecca Minkoff Cupid bag in the office.

Perfect for pregnancy: skull scarf in third trimester.





What I wore:


thrifted Rebecca Minkoff vintage Cupid satchel in dark navy blue


JacketWitchery black belted moto leather jacket
Earrings: blue and yellow daisy resin earrings
Necklace: Tiffany & Co silver 5th Avenue notes heart pendant necklace
Dress: thrifted no label pastel floral print babydoll dress
Shoes: RMK Chester black ankle boots
Bagthrifted Rebecca Minkoff vintage Cupid satchel in dark navy blue


Why I wore it:

A super cold morning meant layering up this little light pastel floral print viscose babydoll dress a bit for the school run and some errands. With the black fleece lined tights, black ankle boots and the black leather jacket and dark navy Rebecca Minkoff Cupid bag, I feel the pretty pastel floral print on this dress stands out really well. I added a little bit of matching with the floral print with my daisy earrings, although the colours are completely different I liked the additional florals against all the dark black.


Last worn: daisy earrings (above), leather jacket (above), Tiffany necklace, pastel floral dress, black ankle boots, Rebecca Minkoff Cupid bag (above).

Other ways to wearleather jacket and maxi skirt, pastel floral dress and blazerblack ankle boots worn 30 ways, Rebecca Minkoff Cupid bag and jeans.

Perfect for pregnancyblack ankle boots in second trimester. 


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

5 comments:

  1. I adore the mix of edgy and feminine with these looks! That second is my fave because of the contrasts of colors. Gorgeous!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had such a fun day. I love that you are growing out your hair. That is beautiful. Also, it was smart that you dressed for the dinner as well so you didn't need to head home to change! Both of these layered looks are gorgeous. I hope you have a fantastic weekend!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leather (and denim) jackets are perfect for wearing with dresses, giving a certain edge to an otherwise feminine outfit. I'm swooning over your second outfit, as I'm head over heels with your floral babydoll dress. The black moto jacket, opaque tights and ankle boots are perfect companions! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also trying to grow my hair out as well.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dresses are so cute with the leather jackets!

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...