Wednesday 13 September 2023

Red and Black Tee and Denim Outfits With Printed Cover Ups

Two outfits both featuring black and red, with tees, denim and printed cover ups for a few days with the kids recently.


What I wore:




JacketThe Kindness Kimono 'Dream Catch Me' print
Necklace: thrifted wooden yellow tassel necklace
Tee: thrifted black scoop neck H&M tee (new purchase)
Shorts: thrifted red denim shorts (new purchase)
ShoesNew Balance Coast women's running shoe in black 
Bracelets: the usual plus black and gold beaded bracelet stack
BagRebecca Minkoff medium unlined tote in black with shellac studded dome hardware


Why I wore it:

This was a really fun day! For the Ekka holiday we had a quiet one and attend a local nature walk. It was so nice getting out in the warm weather, and the kids learned a lot and had so much fun spotting different creatures as we hiked. We treated ourselves to some ice cream after too.

I wanted to wear my new shorts right away. I thrifted these recently, and I paired them with another opshop find, this black tee. A nice basic outfit for a bit of walking, and I added the printed cover up and the yellow tassel necklace to add a little more colour.

As I was carrying a camera and our water bottles, needed the large capacity of this Rebecca Minkoff unlined tote bag.


Last worn: printed cover up, tassel necklace, New Balance sneakers, Rebecca Minkoff unlined tote. first time I've worn the tee and the shorts as they are recent purchases.

Other ways to wearprinted cover up and dress, Rebecca Minkoff unlined tote and midi dress.






What I wore:





JacketCotton On Alana Wanderlust kimono in floral mood indigo
Necklace: thrifted flat navy statement bead necklace
Tee: Jeanswest Emma woven trim tee in terracotta
Jeans: thrifted Jeanswest faded black cropped butt lifter jeans
ShoesNew Balance Coast women's running shoe in black 
Bracelets: the usual
BagRebecca Minkoff Julian nylon backpack in bright blue


Why I wore it:

This should have been a shorts day! We decided to bike to a local festival expecting traffic to be really bad, which it was. Unfortunately the day was much warmer than I expected, so the jeans I'd thought were such a good choice in the morning I quickly regretted by lunch time. I got a flat tire on my bike too which made the trip home very painful for my knee.

We did have a fun day apart from my small downsides though! The kids enjoyed a few rides and it was good to get out on our bikes. I liked the bright red and blue combination of this outfit, the tee and cover up is a combination I've worn before. I tried a little matchy-matchy with the navy necklace, blue floral print cover up, and cobalt backpack. The backpack was the obvious choice for the bike ride, and really useful. Just a shame I had nothing in it to fix a flat tire!


Last worn: blue floral print cover up, red tee, navy necklace, faded black skinny jeans, New Balance sneakers (above), Rebecca Minkoff Julian backpack.

Other ways to wearblue floral print cover up and pink shorts, red tee and maxi skirt, faded black skinny jeans and blazer, Rebecca Minkoff Julian backpack and dress.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

7 comments:

  1. I love the black/red mixes in these outfits, Mica! I am really enraptured by that gorgeous blue backpack, though! What a beautiful colour! Sorry to hear you were overheated in your jeans - maybe you should have cut them off at the knee?? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these red and black combos, Mica! And the blue really pops in the second look with those colors, too. The nature walk with your kiddos sounds so fun!!

    Hope you're having a great week so far! :)

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both outfits are absolutely perfect, but my favourite is the first one. Your newly thrifted red denim shorts are gorgeous, and I'm loving the Bohemian vibes of the tassel pendant and new cover-up with the plain black tee! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That suck your bike got a flat tire.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  5. Black and red is always a good combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those denim shorts are fantastic! So glad you were able to wear them! I'm so sorry to hear about the flat tire on your bicycle. What a frustrating experience that must have been! I'm glad the day was good overall though!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Muy chulos los dos outfits, saludos:D

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...