Wednesday 5 July 2023

Black Jeans and Burgundy Bag With Printed Layers

Two more black denim outfits - I have been loving my jeans with the cooler winter weather! Both of these are accessorised with my burgundy Rebecca Minkoff Avery crossbody bag, and some printed layers to add a little extra interest to basic outfit formulas.


What I wore:


black and white stripes with Rebecca Minkoff Avery crossbody bag in burgundy | awayfromblue


JacketKmart striped maxi cardigan
Necklace: Lovisa wooden statement bead necklace
TeeAtmos&Here rolled sleeve oversized tee in wine
Jeans: thrifted Jeanswest faded black cropped butt lifter jeans
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagRebecca Minkoff Avery crossbody bag in burgundy


Why I wore it:

I thought that the burgundy Rebecca Minkoff avery bag would go nicely with this purple tee - it really seemed to bring out the purple in it! As I've mentioned before, it's one I'm trying to hit 30 wears with although the spandex in it that made it so soft and stretchy is starting to show its age. It definitely needs to be worn with a cover up on top, so the black and white striped duster was perfect. I added the wooden necklace too, I really like this statement piece but don't wear it nearly enough!

With the faded black skinny jeans, these Converse All Stars are a staple, perfect for a quiet day with the school run and working from home, before a special dinner with the family in the evening.


Last worn: black and white striped duster, purple tee, wooden statement necklace, faded black skinny jeans, Converse, Rebecca Minkoff burgundy Avery bag.

Other ways to wear: black and white striped duster and dress, purple tee and skirtfaded black skinny jeans and blazer, Converse and dress, Rebecca Minkoff burgundy Avery bag and mustard dress.

Perfect for pregnancy: purple tee in third trimesterConverse in second trimester.


Rebecca Minkoff Avery Crossbody: What's In My Bag






What I wore:


Rebecca Minkoff Avery crossbody bag in burgundy


JacketCotton On Leah kimono in Juddy floral cerise
Necklace: thrifted flat navy statement bead necklace
Tank: Jeanswest Maji metallic tank in soft green and silver
JeansNobody Denim Siren skinny super high-rise jeans in power black denim (c/o)
ShoesNew Balance Coast women's running shoe in black 
BagRebecca Minkoff Avery crossbody bag in burgundy


Why I wore it:

Another work from home and school run day meant another sneakers and black jeans outfit! With the silver tank and the black skinny jeans, this was a pretty monochromatic outfit. I thought that the floral waterfall cover up was a fun way to add more colour and interest to the outfit, although I do wish the navy necklace had matched the blue in the floral print a little more, the shades were quite different.

I ended up really liking the burgundy bag with this too! I haven't tried burgundy and magenta together before, but gave it a go as it meant I could reuse the bag from the day before and didn't have to swap anything out. Time is of the essence trying to get everyone up and ready for school in the mornings!


Last worn: floral cover up, navy necklace, metallic silver tank, Nobody Denim skinny jeans, New Balance sneakers, Rebecca Minkoff Avery crossbody (above).

Other ways to wearfloral cover up and scarf, metallic silver tank and shorts, Nobody Denim skinny jeans and blazer, Rebecca Minkoff Avery crossbody and little black dress.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

7 comments:

  1. Love these chic layers! That second kimono is so eye-catching!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those dark jeans with the pretty cardigans. I hope you are having a nice winter. It's hot in my neck of the woods. I hope you have a nice end of the week Mica.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I particularly love the more colourful second outfit, with the pop of colour provided by that gorgeous kimono. I'm also swooning over the wooden statement necklace in your first outfit. You should definitely wear it more, as it's an absolute stunner! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the burgundy and magenta in the second outfit work well! Especially since the burgundy is in such a small amount. Great color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Winter is a good time for jeans. I tend to plan things out the night before, and changing out a bag would work great the night before, so you're not adding that on top of getting the kiddos out of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. burgundy with is a great color for the fall and winter month.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the burgundy bag with the purple in the first outfit - burgundy and purple are very close on the colourwheel and look great together. I get what you are going for in the 2nd outfit, but I feel like you need another burgundy item to really pull it together. I love that you're taking risks and trying new things! Go for it!

    Spandex breaks down from heat - don't put anything with spandex in the dryer. You better start looking for an upgrade for that purple top. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...