Wednesday 26 July 2023

Magnificent 8 In Maxi Skirts And Dresses

This quarter's Magnificent 8 themed post is maxi skirts and dresses, which I have no shortage of in my wardrobe! Despite it being winter here in Brisbane, I still get my maxi skirts out now and then. While they are worn most often in the warmer weather, I can easily layer them up for our snow free winters.


What I wore:


Balenciaga First bag in 2006 Blue India


Jacket: Bubblegum denim jacket
Necklace: thrifted gold large double circle necklace
TeeAtmos&Here 3/4 sleeve stripe tee in berry white
Skirtthrifted Tree of Life ochre maxi skirt
ShoesAtmos&Here tan Lola leather ankle boots
Bracelets: the usual
BagBalenciaga First bag in 2006 Blue India


Why I wore it:

I did actually wear this back in June, when it was a little warmer as it was just the first month of winter. I really like this lightweight maxi skirt on hot days, but in cooler weather it needs a few more layers. Ankle boots were a must! With the gorgeous ochre shade of the skirt, I've enjoyed wearing different colours of burgundy with it lately, so this white and burgundy striped long sleeved tee was the perfect accompaniment with it, and the denim jacket was a good layer. I definitely needed the jacket for the cooler weather of the school run, but in the afternoon when we had an appointment after school, I was able to go without the jacket and still be warm enough.

It had been a while since I'd worn this cute turquoise Balenciaga first bag, so I got it out again. I love how it looks with the orange skirt, and with only the school run, working from home, and an appointment in the afternoon, I didn't need to carry much so this was a great size.


Last worn: denim jacket, circle necklace, burgundy stripe tee, ochre maxi skirt, tan ankle boots, Balenciaga turquoise first bag.

Other ways to weardenim jacket worn 30 ways, burgundy stripe tee and shorts, ochre maxi skirt and band tee, tan ankle boots and dress, Balenciaga turquoise first bag and pink dress.

Perfect for pregnancydenim jacket in second trimester, burgundy stripe tee in third trimester.



My Balenciaga Handbag Collection






What I wore:


Balenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH


JacketWitchery black belted moto leather jacket
ScarfJeanswest Lucille golden yellow scarf
Tee: Jeanswest Ruby frill sleeve Ric Rac detailed tee in deep iris
Skirt: thrifted pinstripe maxi skirt
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagBalenciaga part time in black 2010 with SGH


Why I wore it:

This was a much colder day than the one above, so warmer layers were needed! Instead of ankle boots, I went with Converse under my maxi skirt, as I had a little break during my work from home day to go cheer my son on in his sporting event. Needed comfortable shoes for a lot of standing around. With the navy tee, grey striped maxi skirt, and the black leather jacket, this outfit was cosy, but a bit dull for cheering on my son. I added the mustard scarf, as yellow and blue always look so good together and I thought it would help my son spot me in the crowd! It worked well for that.

Unlike the outfit above, I went with a classic black bag this time, my Balenciaga part time bag with giant silver hardware. I had my camera as well as a water bottle. It was quite a windy day so I appreciated the thick leather jacket keeping me warm as I stood on the side lines. And when I went back to working from home, the jersey maxi skirt and navy tee were such a comfortable outfit.


Last worn: leather jacket, navy frill sleeve tee, mustard scarf, pinstripe maxi skirt, black Converse, Balenciaga part time bag.

Other ways to wearleather jacket and dress, navy frill sleeve tee and shorts, mustard scarf and little black dress, pinstripe maxi skirt and graphic tee, black Converse and pencil skirt, Balenciaga part time bag and printed jeans.

Perfect for pregnancyConverse in second trimesterBalenciaga part time bag in second trimester.


The Magnificent 8

The Magnificent 8 is a collaboration of 8 stylish women, ranging in age from early 20’s to early 80’s. The mission of this collaboration is to showcase how ageless style is. There are no age restrictions on style. So wear what you want, when you want, add a smile, and strut your style with confidence. And be sure to check out all 7 of these other amazing ladies!





Every quarter, the group chooses a theme and each create an outfit that suits our own personal tastes and fashion choices. We post them on the last Wednesday of every third month. Check out everyone’s posts with the links above for style inspiration at any age as they show you how they style their maxis, for much warmer weather!

Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

15 comments:

  1. I knew you would totally rock this maxi theme, Mica! Both outfits are so cute. I love the color combination in the first one with all the rich wintery hues. The second outfit is equally striking with the darker tones accented with your gorgeous yellow scarf. Well done, as always, my friend!

    Shelbee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mica, I hope everything is going well on your side!

    I would love to have a bit of cold here, send some from Australia, the heat wave is killing me haha!

    I love that during winter it is easier to play with layers, textures and different garments.

    I think this skirt is perfect for more than one season! For me my favorite outfit is the first one, but the second also! Probably because I really love color *_*

    Take care and thanks for your support!
    Pablo
    www.HeyFungi.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rarely think to reach for my maxi dresses or skirts in fall and winter but I am loving that second outfit with the scarf so much I just might have to try duplicating that this fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maxi skirts do work for winter. Those are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maxi skirts are perfect for all seasons, and you're definitely rocking yours! I particularly love that fabulously colourful first outfit and I'm swooning over that funky circle necklace! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always like to see you wearing maxis in wintertime, Mica. I know most of us think of them for summer, but that's silly. They can easily transform for colder temperatures,
    OXOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must admit that I prefer your winter outfits over your summer ones, Mica, simply because of the layering you do in winter.
    The striped top looks so good with the mustard in the first look, and you're giving me ideas for my own recently-worn striped top, so thank you! The turquoise bag is lovely against that mustard.
    Your second skirt reads as a heathery purple to me (pinstripes never show up well in pics, do they?) and I nearly cheered aloud at your wonderful yellow scarf. Not only were you visible for your son, but you're a beacon of sunshine!

    Hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are rocking these maxi dresses.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  9. I so need more maxi dresses in my life, I only have one now. It gets hot here so I really need to invest in them. These looks are so fun and classic you!! Love the blue bag such a nice touch to the look ; )

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving both these looks here, and I SO need more maxi dresses in my wardrobe!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You always style your dresses so beautifully Mica. Love the deeper colors you have matched for perfect winter dressing. You look gorgeous in the photos. We were on our Swiss vacation that was totally amazing. Hope you are doing great. :-)
    Via | https://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. First of all, these looks are fantastic. I adore your styling and you've shown just how versatile a maxi skirt can be no matter the season. And second, how wonderful it's been being in this group with you and the rest of the gals. I'm looking forward to seeing how far we can get.

    Rena
    www.finewhateverblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the ways you layered over these dresses! Those jackets are fabulous!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. You always have such pretty maxi skirts, Mica! Love both of these, and the looks are so pretty. :) Hope all is well with you friend!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you are still able to wear your maxi skirts every now and then, even when the weather is cooler! I love the way you've styled these with lots of gorgeous layers! Have a fantastic weekend <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...