Monday 6 January 2020

Weekday Wear Linkup! What I Wore For Christmas - Casual and Dressy With Gold Earrings

For today's Weekday Wear Linkup I'm sharing what I wore for Christmas!

I wore a maxi skirt for Christmas eve and a maxi dress for the big day, both accessorised with cross body bags and some pretty gold earrings. Two very different outfits though, as we dress down for Christmas eve and dress up for Christmas day. Both days are filled with family but Christmas eve is a lot more casual as we decorate cookies, attempt Christmas craft and snack as we watch a Christmas movie. Christmas day we dress up to enjoy the family time, unwrap gifts, and have a big delicious feast.

What I wore:

casual Christmas eve outfit glitter santa novelty tee with maxi skirt red bag and gold bauble earrings | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff red micro Avery cross body bag with ribbon and bell Christmas bracelet| away from the blue

awayfromblue Instagram | casual Christmas eve outfit festive Santa glitter tee with gold bauble earrings and red rebecca minkoff bag
Earrings: Colette Ciao Bella glitter ball drop earrings
Tee: festive glitter Santa tee
Skirt: thrifted pinstripe maxi skirt
Shoesslim navy and pink Havaianas (gift from mum)
Bracelets: the usual plus Christmas bow bracelet (with bells!)
BagRebecca Minkoff red micro Avery cross body bag

Why I wore it:

Another year of wearing my novelty Santa tee! My sister bought us all these festive glitter tees one year and so every year my question about what to wear for Christmas eve is partially answered - depending on the weather I might wear shorts or a maxi skirt with the tee. It was a little cooler and threatening rain so I figured a maxi skirt was perfect to stop me being too hot or too cold. The day was rain free but there was a huge storm in the afternoon which meant we stayed a little later at my parents until it had blown over!

The gold earrings were a recent gift from my mum - I spotted them while we were out shopping before Christmas and she bought them for me when we were browsing Colette. They look so much little gold baubles I just had to have them, and knew that they would fit in with the glitter on my tee and the Christmas bell and ribbon bracelet (another tradition, just as much as the tee is!). I'm hoping that because they are a classic gold I will get some wear from them outside December too. They look a lot more subtle in the pictures than they do in person!

Kept it simple with the bag. Red and green is so festive so this cute little red Rebecca Minkoff bag was an obvious choice. I wore it last year too!


Last worn: festive tee, pinstripe maxi skirt, Rebecca Minkoff micro Avery bag. First time I've worn the gold earrings as they were a recent gift.

Other ways to wearfestive tee and shorts, pinstripe maxi skirt and pink scarf, Rebecca Minkoff micro Avery bag and floral dress.

Perfect for pregnancyfestive tee in second trimester.


Christmas Q&A Tag Video:







What I wore:

Kmart tropical notch neck floral maxi dress for Christmas day with mixed metal accessories silver bracelet stack gold earrings vintage Chanel bag | awayfromblue

Chanel vintage quilted lambskin flap bag with silver bracelet stack | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | kmart tropical floral print maxi dress with gold earrings silver bracelets and vintage Chanel flap bag for Christmas day
Earrings: gold pendant chandelier earrings
NecklaceTiffany diamonds by the yard necklace
Dress: Kmart tropical notch neck floral maxi dress (gift from mum)
Shoes: Wittner 'Jasmarie' studded sandals
Bracelets: the usual plus vintage silver charm bracelet, diamond and pearl bracelet
BagChanel vintage quilted lambskin flap

Why I wore it:

A much dressier outfit for the big day - we spent the morning at home with the kids, unwrapping presents and enjoying their surprise with everything Santa brought them. Then it was off to the first set of grandparents for more presents before leaving again to end the day down the coast with my family. It's a bit of travelling for one day but it's good to see everyone. Photo is a little dark as it was quite cloudy when I took this pic in the morning and I didn't want to open up the blinds - we had some toys in the back yard for a big Christmas surprise once all the presents were open!

If you're a frequent reader you'll know that I love my Kmart floral dresses! I had went into the store with my mum a few weeks before Christmas to check out another dress I'd never had a chance to try on when I was with the boys, and was disappointed to see it didn't look as good on as it did on the hanger. Mum had spotted this pretty maxi dress for me to take into the change room too and I fell in love with it! She kindly bought it for me and I knew it would be the perfect Christmas day dress.

The chandelier earrings were a gift from my mum too, last year! I thought the gold went nicely with the gold hardware on the vintage Chanel bag. With the statement earrings I didn't feel the need to add a big necklace to this, I thought the bag and earrings were enough, especially with all my silver bracelets. I decided on this delicate Tiffany necklace which matched the silver bracelet stack. Sometimes I like mixing metals with my accessories.


Last worn: gold chandelier earrings, diamond necklace, studded sandals, vintage Chanel flap bag. First time I've worn the teal floral dress as it's a recent gift.

Other ways to wearstudded sandals and shorts, vintage Chanel flap bag and tee dress

Perfect for pregnancystudded sandals in second trimester, vintage Chanel flap bag at 30 weeks



How You Can Wear It:

A classic maxi skirt or dress can be perfect for a Christmas gathering. They can be dressed up or down easily, and in our Queensland summers are a great choice to beat the heat. Might not be the best idea if you have a snowy Christmas though, unless you have a free hand to hold the hem up whenever you step foot outside! Adding a pretty pair of statement gold earrings can help you feel a little festive too whatever your weather.




Weekday Wear Linkup #52


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!



Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails




(We are safe from the bushfires but you can help those not as fortunate here).

This post was created in partnership with Nakturnal. Occasionally, Away From The Blue blog may receive vendor or brand sponsorships for mentioning their products or services. The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely my own.


Linking up with Turning Heads, Confident Twosday, Style Six, Style On the Daily, Oh Hey Girl, Fashion Frenzy, Fashion Files, Chic and Stylish, Fabulous Friday.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

84 comments:

  1. Love the earrings! Great choice. It's back to normal life again Mica! Have a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to have a fun tee you know you'll wear for Christmas Eve and your red bag is so festive! Love that vintage Chanel bag you wore for Christmas! Happy 2020 Mica!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, babe! It sounds like you had a great Christmas as well! The tee is so cute and makes for a great tradition every year. For Aviah’s first Christmas, I began the whole family pajama tradition, so we’ve been doing it for three seasons now. At some point we’ll have festive pajamas to wear each day of the month leading up to the big day with a new set, which is cool! Anyway, I love the tee and you look beautiful in that dress! Thanks for sharing and have a great week ahead!

    Xo,

    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both outfits look good on you.
    The first one looks fun and comfy,
    the second one looks chic on you.

    Ann
    https://roomsofinspiration.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That blue dress is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Christmas day dress is so pretty and I love your vintage Chanel bag! Happy New Year!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  7. We dress up for Christmas Eve and then again for Christmas Day when we visit the extended family. Great opportunity to get out all the fancy clothes I don’t often reach for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's so nice to dress up a little! :)

      Delete
  8. Oh my! The blue dress is so dreamy... love it! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love both outfits! I usually dress up for church but dress down a little when we get home or on the 25th. We have found that limited traveling is better for us so this year on the 25th we went to my sis in law and then we had a small dinner here. For the 7th, we have a nice dinner at home with my parents!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a great way to celebrate Christmas!

      Delete
  10. Such a fun Christmas outfit. And that second dress is gorgeous. love the color and print.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The t shirt is so cute. We have sweaters here because it's cold but you have to wear t shirts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes no long sleeves here for summer! :)

      Delete
  12. Both are such cute Christmas outfits:) That Santa tee...want! :D And love that Kmart dress too. You look fab in it. That's so kind of your mum to get you those two earrings and the dress:)
    Hope you're having a lovely Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mum always gets me such lovely things! :)

      Delete
  13. That maxi dress fits you like a glove, great find and thank you mom! Also, I am fan of both sets of dangly earrings. Your holiday traditions sound lovely and I really like how you spend your Xmas eve with cookie decorating,movies and at an easy going pace. Glad you enjoyed the holiday season and Happy New Year.

    bosbodaciousblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you had a wonderful time on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day! It was so sweet of your mom to buy you that pretty maxi dress! I'm sure she loved seeing you wear it to her house!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look lovely in both outfits! I love the chandelier earrings you wore in your second look and the maxi dress' floral vibe. And your Christmas tree too! Super pretty! Hope you had fun during the holidays love! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such lovely earrings! Was nice to wear them for Christmas after getting them the Christmas before!

      Delete
  16. I loved your Christmas shirt and the blue dress is beautiful! ♥

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy New Year! How cute is that Christmas tee, and loving the vintage Chanel <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mica, you are so adorable in your Santa shirt! It looks great with a maxi skirt. And I love that dress. The color and print are so gorgeous!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. The first look is such a cute look, and very festive! And I love the second look, I like the birds on the dress. I hope that yout able to stay safe!

    Love is Zero

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, we are very safe from the fires!

      Delete
  20. Such great looks! Loving that tropical dress!
    Hope you're having a good week! Kids go back to school tomorrow, they are not excited as you can imagine!
    Thanks for hosting the linkup!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really like a good high-low pairing. That Rebecca Minkoff bag is SO CUTE I have a few of her mini bags and they are my favorites. And that dress is KMART!?!? WHAAT!? I Love that. There aren't that many K marts left around where we are when I'm back in the US any more...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a shame as the store over here (Australian Kmart is very different) is so successful! :)

      Delete
  22. Hi Mica
    My first words are for what is going on on your country, so sad, I'm so sorry for the lives that are in danger, animals and people!!
    Secondly, you choose the perfect looks for christmas time!!
    And finally I love to participate in your linkup!! Thanks
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, I can't believe it's been a year since you started your link up! Merry Christmas! The teal dress hits my sweet spot, I would have put the red handbag with it ;). And, great minds, I wore a graphic t, too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great outfits.. love all the accessory details

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really love your printed dress - that's a lovely color of blue. I also tend to dress up a bit on Christmas day for the various family celebrations we have going on but this year things were much more relaxed for us as Eleanor woke up Christmas morning with a bad cold so we mostly stuck close to home.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no how sad she was sick on Christmas! I hope she recovered quickly!

      Delete
  26. Beautiful post, beautiful sapling and beautiful long dress.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love both of your outfits!! Your Christmas sounds wonderful.

    https://www.makelifemarvelous.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Super cute tee and lovely dress!
    Happy New Year my sweet Mica, I wish you all the best!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm loving your colourful and casual Christmas Eve outfit, which is just perfect for the activities you planned. But I am head over heels with the maxi dress you wore on Christmas Day. What a gorgeous colour and print! Hope you're having a great week, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your maxi dresses! They are so versatile and flattering! Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ooh, is that Chanel bag new to your collection? It's gorgeous! Hope you and your family are staying safe during the wildfires.
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been with me a few years - it just doesn't get worn often being lambskin and having two very active boys around me most of the time, haha! I try keep it for special occasions!

      Delete
  32. Christmas totally calls for a red purse :)

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the maxi skirt and Christmas top pairing. I also really like the maxi dress look. The red bag is so chic and timeless. You look great in both looks.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I really like what you wore for Christmas, Mica. Light and breezy, excellent for our hot summer days. Hope you had a good one. Are you affected by the fires. Sydney is all smoky and covered in black ash
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen how bad Sydney has had it, so scary! We had it bad before Christmas but nothing compared to you guys!

      Delete
  35. You rock the accessories and outfit. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thats cool you guys make cookies on Christmas. That tee is too fun and love both bags. The red is perfect for holiday seasons the maxi skirt and dress are excellent choices for the weather and holiday. And glad you are OK with the fires, they look terrible so awful what is happening.

    Oh love this, thanks for posting!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. The dress you wore on Christmas day is beautiful

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love the santa tee Mica!! I may need one of those in my life.
    XOOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  39. Ooh I love that floral maxi dress!! That color is so pretty and I love the flowy style--perfect for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I wish I could see your earrings (both pairs) better! You look fabulous for Christmas in both outfits, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to try go back to taking accessories pics like you do Sheila! It's tricky to do so which is a shame as they are lovely earrings! I usually snap my pics on the way out the door!

      Delete
  41. Wao! It's really nice to see the festive green and red look going on here in your outfit. My favourite items of your clothing are probably the earrings and the red bag. So chic yet very comfortable and casual... which is just the way I like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh my goodness, I love that Santa shirt so much. It's cute and totally perfect for Christmas celebrations. Your style is perfect, as always! I hope you are having a great new year so far.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Your floral maxi dress is so pretty! It looks lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a gorgeous maxi on you! I love the color and print on it, its very flattering! Happy new year to you and your family!

    https://sundaydahlias.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. I love your dress! The other look is funny and pretty too. I'm a huge fan of the Rebecca Minkoff bag, so beautiful!
    I'm back to work and back to normal now ;-)
    Maren

    ReplyDelete
  46. I do like your Christmas outfits ,just right for fun and busy family days. I bet your little ones enjoyed their Christmas. Many thanks for hosting, enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love that you can wear summerly clothes in winter- I was all cosied up in a jumper! The dress is cute and you can't go wrong with a Christmas tee can you! I hope you had a good one and wish you all the best for 2020!
    Soph - https://sophhearts.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes it's summer here in Brisbane so summery clothes are necessary! :)

      Delete
  48. such a cute idea to mix x-mas t-shirt and long skirt and I am totally crazy about your second outfit dear- You look fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love your Christmas T-shirt Mica and so festive looking. I too bought 2 Christmas t-shirts this season to wear.
    I hope you have a great week and happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a fun way to feel a little festive! :)

      Delete
  50. Love these outfits, dress from second look is my favorite!
    Happy New Year!

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
  51. So cute, love the Christmas outfit!! Wonderful :))) x

    ReplyDelete
  52. Such festive outfits, loving that red bag!

    Lydia | The Optimistic Minimalist

    ReplyDelete
  53. You look so pretty in maxi dresses. Happy New Year Mica. xx

    https://www.ninakobi.com/2020/01/ended-2019-in-madison-square-garden-new.html

    ReplyDelete
  54. So nice festive outfits,Mica!
    The first scream Christmas but my fav is the 2nd, that maxi dress fits you perfectly and love the print! :D
    Hope the situation on your country gets better soon...
    Best wishes for a wonderful 2020, dear!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  55. oh my, I love your festive tee shirt! Hope you had a merry christmas!

    michellespaige.com

    ReplyDelete
  56. You are always so pretty and stylish. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  57. Nice oufits. I am totally loving the red handbag <3

    ReplyDelete
  58. This is such a cute Christmas outfit! I really love the red bag. Your santa shirt is so festive and cute :)

    Jill
    https://jilliancecilia.com/

    ReplyDelete
  59. I love the Santa t-shirt. It's so cute and you rocked it!

    https://ahleessa4realz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  60. You look so pretty and I love that red bag!

    - Cielo
    Mermaid in Heels

    ReplyDelete
  61. That's such a cute blue dress you have there dear!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  62. I love both of these! The Christmas ribbon/bell bracelet for Christmas Eve is so cute, and I like that you dress down that day.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  63. I always dress up a bit more Christmas day too even though we spend it at home. I wore a loose chenille dress this year, perfect for leaving room for dinner! x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  64. Such a fun idea for a style post! I love every single bag you have showed here; green happens to be my favorite color and you styled this RM bag perfectly xx

    Naya
    www.nayatilly.com

    ReplyDelete
  65. How cute is your Christmas Eve outfit! I love the ribbon bracelet too! What fun traditions!

    ReplyDelete
  66. You're outfits were super and I bet you had a wonderful time. Happy New Year to you Mica. x Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  67. The Christmas day dress is such a great piece Mica ! Love the fabric and how it flows-

    ReplyDelete
  68. Thanks all for your sweet comments - and for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...