Friday 25 June 2021

Shorts, Sneakers, Cardigans and Rebecca Minkoff Love Bags

Layering up some shorts outfits for the start of winter (and the end of autumn) here in Queensland. A cardigan is a nice way to add a little extra warmth to shorts and a tee, but these are definitely my last shorts outfits for the season, it was the end of May and I was a little cold with bare legs in one of these outfits!


What I wore:

colourful autumn shorts outfit purple cardigan, pink tee, navy printed culottes, Converse, Rebecca Minkoff Love Bag | away from blue

Rebecca Minkoff quilted Love cross body bag in grey | away from the blue


Jacket: Jeanswest Peggie kimono cardigan in purple mulberry marle
Necklace: Kmart navy and gold beaded tassel necklace
Tee: Jeanswest essential v-neck tee in azalea pink
Culottes: Kmart culotte short in navy lemon print
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in white
BagRebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey


Why I wore it:

This is the outfit that made me realise it was time to pack the shorts away for winter! It was a very cold morning and didn't really warm up as much as I'd wished. Thankfully we weren't outside too much - just a quiet day with the kids, grabbing a couple extra groceries for the weekend and visiting the library.

I really like pink, purple and blue together so while I didn't find this outfit warm enough, I did love the colour combo! The purple cardigan looks great with the pink tee, and it's not the first time I've worn this pink tee with these printed culottes. Even though the pink in the print is a different shade, the tee and culottes work well together.

Comfortable Converse for a little bit of driving around and just a small handbag as we weren't out long - this neutral grey Rebecca Minkoff love bag was a nice choice with all the colour in the print.


Last wornpurple cocoon cardigannavy and gold tassel necklacepink v-neck tee, navy printed culotte shorts, white Converse, Rebecca Minkoff grey Love bag.

Other ways to wearpurple cocoon cardigan and magenta jeanspink v-neck tee and denim shorts, navy printed culotte shorts and graphic tee, white Converse and stripe dress, Rebecca Minkoff grey Love bag worn 30 ways.

Perfect for pregnancypurple cocoon cardigan in second trimesterConverse in second trimester, Rebecca Minkoff grey Love bag in third trimester.


Rebecca Minkoff Regular and Small Love Bag Comparison:






What I wore:

black cardigan with navy striped tee, olive shorts and olive small love bag sneakers for winter | awayfromtheblue

Rebecca Minkoff chevron quilted small Love crossbody bag in pale coral with olive shorts | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue Instagram | black knit cardigan with striped tee olive shorts sneakers and rebecca minkoff small pale coral love bag

JacketCotton On black knit wrap cardigan
Necklace: Kmart silver long circle pendant necklace
TeeAtmos&Here navy stripe v-neck tee
Shorts: Jeanswest Tessa olive embroidered shorts
ShoesNew Balance Coast women's running shoe in black 
BagRebecca Minkoff chevron quilted small Love crossbody bag in pale coral


Why I wore it:

Unlike the outfit above, this was the perfect choice for the day, as I wore this back in warmer autumn days. At one point I felt the cardigan was a bit warm - it is a very thick knit. Again I spent most of my time inside. I'd swapped my work days around that week to meet some project deadlines (I only work part time) which left me with a very rare day off that was also kid free. It was nice to just head out with the essentials - phone, wallet, keys and hand sanitiser. This little Rebecca Minkoff small love bag is perfect for that and I really liked the pale coral colour, which is really more of an orange, against the olive embroidered shorts.

Comfortable outfit for ticking a few things off my to do list, like buying a couple of extra birthday presents for my son without him or my younger one noticing! And then binge watching a few Superstore episodes on Netflix in the afternoon. Such a luxurious and relaxing day!


Last worn: black wrap cardigan, silver circle necklace, navy stripe tee, olive embroidered shorts, New Balance sneakers, Rebecca Minkoff small Love bag in pale coral.

Other ways to wearblack wrap cardigan and jeans, navy stripe tee and skull scarf, olive embroidered shorts with yellow, Rebecca Minkoff small Love bag in pale coral and matching tee.

Perfect for pregnancyblack wrap cardigan and hidden baby bump, navy stripe tee in third trimester.



How You Can Wear It:

A light cardigan is a cosy topper over a shorts and tee outfit when the weather isn't quite warm enough for bare arms and legs. Great for autumn or spring!





Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

55 comments:

  1. Hello!
    You look very nice! you have a wonderful, inspiring style :)
    I will always find you interesting stylizations :)
    Greetings from Poland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shorts, my must-have for summer! The first look is everuthing!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself


    My Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have me thinking of fall here when shorts with a cardigan is the way to go. The perfect outfit for those in between days. Hope you have a super weekend Mica!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's perfect when it starts too cool off but isn't too cold yet!

      Delete
  4. I like these bags, how structured they are. Also you style them perfectly as always. I hope so that you have beautiful week and you ready for weekend.

    www.exclusivebeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both bags are so beautiful and lovely! Your color combo is always perfect, Mica!
    Have a lovely week end<3

    akiko
    https://kimonosnack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I've mentioned in a previous comment, I'm not fond of stripes: I'm short, so I feel they don't advantage me. I do like all the other parts of your outfit (cardigan,shorts) and the orange colored bag.
    Wishing you a terrific weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I love stripes even though I'm petite - they are my fave print! :)

      Delete
  7. Hello Mica, I hope you're having a lovely week!

    It seems that autumn and the first days of winter in Australia or at least in your region is not that cold right? So cool that you're able to wear shorts even in this season, and it is cool because you can wear it with some light jackets or cardigans!

    I like both combinations, ideal for a day with errands but when you're comfortable. I like both ideas, but the first one seems the most interesting to me for the combinations of colors, need to try that purple + pink combo! Oooh and the orange bag, really cool option that looks impressive and elegant!

    Enjoy the weekend!
    Pablo
    www.HeyFungi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have had a very cold start to winter, but yes, usually autumn is not that cold. Glad you liked the colour combos!

      Delete
  8. Always chic outfits, and I love all your bags!
    Take care now, during winter :)

    Marie
    https://theflowerduet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really everything looks great.
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As I read this, I'm wearing shorts and a tank top. (It's summer here.) I switch out from shorts as soon as things start getting chilly. It's usually so late in the fall by then that I'm ready for longer pants.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the pink and purple together - such a great bold combo, Mica! The orange purse is the star of the second outfit.

    I'll happily send you some of the hot weather we've been having! Glad you got to have a day off to yourself. That always feels good.

    Take care and have an awesome weekend, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it's cooled down for you now - I was very jealous of your warmer days!

      Delete
  12. I am all about sneaks with a skirt or dress! I love the pink top paired with purple in the first outfit!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have you seen the Gabbi bag that is all the sensation apparently? I am certainly not usual in the know about purses (or much of anything style-wish) but saw it for Prime Days. Amazon has its own knock-off, too, that is much more affordable (by my budget standards). Anyway, your darling orange bag reminds me of one of the color choices of the Gabbi knock off. Such a great color.

    Love the embroidered green shorts. So cute. I always struggle to wrap my head around May being the start of chillier months for you guys while it is the middle of our spring over here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a great shade of orange! I've seen that bag around but it's a bit too small for my tastes, even though these bags are smaller I don't wear them much now I carry all the kids things with me - trying to buy bigger bags!

      Delete
  14. Love the color combo in the first pics! Such pretty and cheery colors. Hope you guys have a great weekend! XO

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. You always look so cute! I like the cardigan and the both bags. I really like the colors of the first outfit. I'm sorry shorts weather is done though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I totally love that first outfit. I need to learn how to relax more. All I ever do on my days off is clean and run around the place.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so rare for me to have a kid free day off I was determined to make the most of it!

      Delete
  17. I love both of those pairs of shorts on you! That orange bag in the first outfit is a fun choice and really pops!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lindas carteras son muy elegantes , Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  19. Every single outfit is so nice on you, Mica! And I like your choice of handbags too. The orange one is so pretty! Hope you are having a fab weekend xx

    Naya
    www.nayatilly.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I really love these shorts!! I think they look much more amazing on you than they would on me, but I simply have to buy a pair like this...they look so comfy!😊😊
    Have a lovely weekend!

    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the look sweetie, so nice!

    Danielle | thereluctantblogger.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's nice when it's still warm enough in Autumn to wear shorts. Both of these outfits are a cool combination of style and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the pop of orange in the second look, great bags!
    I wish you a great weekend! I heard the news about Sidney, you're in lockdown!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I hope Sydney's lockdown is not extended - 2 weeks is a long lockdown! We have the odd 3 day lockdown here because we aren't all vaccinated so if someone brings the virus form overseas it can spread, but thankfully we are doing much better than Sydney. They had 24 cases yesterday! So scary!

      Delete
  24. I love this Rebecca
    Kisses ♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. I always find it hard to let go of my Summer clothes, so I totally understand why you are still wearing shorts this time of year, even if it wasn't always the right weather for it. Mind you, I'd freeze to death if I wore shorts at the start of Winter. Brr! But anyway, my favourite outfit is definitely the more colourful first one. Pink and purple are such a gorgeous combo! Enjoy your weekend Mica xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are such cute summer outfits! I love the shorts you are wearing in the first look. I need a Rebecca Minkoff bag! I hope you are having a good weekend so far :)

    Jill
    https://jilliancecilia.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lindos looks me gustan la cartera. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love those blue shorts. You're going to have to teach me how you managed to buy some presents without your son noticing!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so tricky to do the older they get! It was easy on that day as I was kid free :)

      Delete
  29. Love those lemon print shorts! Have a great week! xx

    Danielle's Beauty Blog 

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love both of these casual looks! So sad that you have to put away the shorts but I look forward to your more cozy outfits.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. Those bags are absolutely stunning!

    Katie | katieemmabeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I really like the first styling - it's so holiday style. And the color of the first bag also fits my style better.

    ReplyDelete
  33. That first outfit is SO pretty! I love the combination of colour and print...and of course that super chic purse. You look amazing! I love how you layer different pieces to make sure you are always well dressed for the season <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Those dark blue shorts are cute! Sending some warm Florida vibes your way! Though Winter sounds really nice right about now.

    Alexandra
    OnRockwoodLane.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the layering! The color mix in the first outfit is beautiful!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Both outfits are so cute and very much alike. Love the look of shorts with a cardigan!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Both are great looks.

    Rena
    www.finewhateverblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Very interesting outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks all for your comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...