Friday 23 August 2019

Two Ways To Wear Leopard Print Tees: Matching Bags To Your Top

Wearing two very different leopard print tees and matching them to my handbags to create some cute winter outfits with my cosy cardigans and skinny jeans. I've shared other ways to match your bag before, to your shoes and to your scarves. This time, I'm matching to the printed tees.

In further proof that I may take the outfit formula thing too far some days, and keep wearing the same thing over and over, I'm wearing the same necklace in both outfits! I did wear these a couple weeks apart though.

What I wore:

neon orange sass bide leopard print tee with grey wool maxi cardigan skinny jeans rebecca minkof love bag | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff chevron quilted small Love crossbody bag in pale coral | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue Instagram | movie day mums tyle grey skinny jeans maxi cardigan with neon leopard print tee orange peach small love bag
JacketJeanswest Alice longline Australian wool cardigan
Necklace: Uniquely Made with Love Sea Change necklace
TeeSass and Bide 'New Day Rising' tee in orange leopard print
JeansJeanswest Cecile dove grey skinny jeans
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats
BagRebecca Minkoff chevron quilted small Love crossbody bag in pale coral

Why I wore it:

Wore this for a family movie date. I really love this Sass & Bide neon orange leopard print tee, but it's quite a statement piece and so one I only wear sparingly. Which is silly really, I should wear the things I enjoy more often!

Jeans and a tee was the perfect comfortable outfit for taking the kids to the movies - and the cosy wool maxi cardigan, while ideal for the cold air conditioning in the cinema, was actually a bit warm for being out in the sun, it was a beautiful winter day. But it was also the day we had set aside for the movies, so indoors we stayed!

Since I realised my new smaller wallet fits inside this Rebecca Minkoff small love bag, I've been wearing it a lot more. I noticed it was the perfect shade to compliment the neon leopard print of the tee, as although it's officially "pale coral" it's really more of a peach.

The grey wool maxi cardigan, skinny jeans and silver ballet flats with nice neutrals with all of the orange.


Last worn: maxi cardigan, beaded necklace, orange leopard print tee, grey skinny jeans, silver ballet flats, Rebecca Minkoff small love bag.

Other ways to wearmaxi cardigan in monochrome outfit, orange leopard print tee and maxi skirt, grey skinny jeans in the snow, silver ballet flats and floral dress, Rebecca Minkoff small love bag and maxi dress.

Perfect for pregnancyorange leopard print tee in first trimester, silver ballet flats in third trimester.


Rebecca Minkoff Regular and Small Love Bag Comparison:









What I wore:

grey leopard print tee black nobody denim skinny jeans converse rebecca minkoff love bag mustard cardi | awayfromblue

mustard cardigan with Rebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue Instgaram | mum style park playdate outfit mustard cardigan leopard print tee skinny jeans converse
Jacket: thrifted SES Fashions mustard yellow cardigan
Necklace: Uniquely Made with Love Sea Change necklace
Tee: Kmart grey leopard print tee
JeansNobody Denim Siren skinny super high-rise jeans in power black denim (c/o)
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star low in black
BagRebecca Minkoff Love cross body bag in grey

Why I wore it:

Following the outfit formula above, I wore this Kmart grey leopard print tee with a matching grey bag, the Rebecca Minkoff love bag in the regular size.

Again I went with neutral jeans, black Nobody denim skinny jeans, and instead of ballet flats I wore Converse as I was spending the morning at the playground, catching up with Jess who I met on Instagram.

With all of the grey and black together I wanted to add just a little more colour, so wore my fun mustard cardigan that, like the tee, was a $2 bargain. It was so funny that Jess was wearing mustard too! We had a fun chat as the boys played together, before I had to go grab some groceries for lunch and get back for the guys working on our solar power system.


Last worn: mustard cardigan, necklace (above), grey leopard print tee, Nobody Denim jeans, Converse, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag.

Other ways to wearmustard cardigan with green pants, grey leopard print tee worn 2 ways, Nobody Denim jeans and blazer, Converse and maxi skirt, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag worn 30 ways.

Perfect for pregnancyConverse in second trimester, Rebecca Minkoff Love bag in third trimester.


Leopard Print Tees Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

Jeans and a tee is a wardrobe staple for a mum, and changing it up with a printed tee like these fun leopard print ones is a great way to make your outfit feel a little more special. You can add more colour to your outfit by matching your bag to the print on the tee, or just throwing a bright cardigan on top if your print is neutral.


Linking up with Fab Favourites, On Mondays We Link Up, Trend Spin.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

56 comments:

  1. I like the bags:)
    HAPPY WEEKEND
    xoxo
    https://stylishpatterns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool Jess and you wore both mustard on that day! And I love both looks and please do wear the orange leo top more often!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so funny we were both rocking mustard!

      Delete
  3. Yes, you should wear what you love more often, I have to remind myself of that too sometimes. It's funny because I would never have guessed that you were wearing the same necklace - it looks so different with the different tops! Have a great weekend!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh your new solar power system sounds cool!
    I am definitely a fan of nice long layers with a cute statement purse. It's good to hear the weather has been nice so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most places have solar systems here :)

      Delete
  5. I really love both these leopard print pieces (I love all things leopard print!) - that orange one is really great and definitely a statement piece.

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how many different variations of leopard there are! Always something for every occasion, haha! I particularly enjoy the print of the second one! I need a print like that
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a fun print too in every variation! :)

      Delete
  7. Oh I really like both of these matching-bag-to-top outfits! It gives a nice cohesive look! And that orange leopard print tee is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the outfit you wore for the family movie date. The orange leopard tee matches so well with the orange bag. I also really like the second outfit, really that long mustard cardi is gorgeous. You always look stylish and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both Leopard print pieces look gorgeous Mica. Have a wonderful weekend!


    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, the first one is my fav... I love orange!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely outfits as always:) That's so awesome you got that mustard cardi for $2!!! Wut?!?!?! And also really like how that Sass & Bide top matched your bag:D
    Wishing all of you a fab weekend!! It will be kinda busy for us, but that's always good, right? LOLZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes! I miss that opshop (it's closed down now) It has the best bargain finds!

      Delete
  12. Look at you in all this colour, Mica! I love it! That blouse is awesome, and it is NOT too loud. And you are right: if you love it, wear it! The peachy-coral bag is awesome with it. The mustard cardi is the perfect piece to elevate the second outfit.

    Both excellent outfits, love them! Have a wonderful weekend, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila! It feels a little loud sometimes but is so fun to wear! :)

      Delete
  13. Omg I love that orange leopard, super cute. This is my favorite animal print! Lovely way to add prints into everyday!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how both your tops are so elegantly coordinated with your handbags. You look stylish and comfortable in both outfits. Love :)

    https://www.chicnpink.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Both outfits look really interesting! You have a great style!
    http://www.recklessdiary.ru/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I especially like your first outfit! The coral and grey is a really cute combo especially with that printed blouse! Have a great weekend Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I also sometimes find myself wearing the same thing over and over when I'm in the mood for it.

    I love both outfits but I especially like the color combination of the first one. Orange looks so beautiful with grey.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  18. I particularly love your first outfit, with its perfect balance of blue and orange. This is a colour combo I'm particularly fond of. I love the injection of colour into your Winter wardrobe! Wishing you the loveliest of weekends, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love these subtle leopard tees! They add just the right amount of interest to this cool color combos.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love how you've matched the colour of your tees to your bags! Leopard is such a fun trend (I'm actually wearing a leopard playsuit as I write this!) and one I think everyone can wear in some form!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's definitely so easy to wear! :)

      Delete
  21. Ohhh I love these tops Hun! Gorgeous post and have a lovely week :)

    Grace || www.gracelouiseofficial.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the first top! It looks so cute and makes it easy to add something bright to your outfit x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Leopard print is one of my favorite and this idea for matching bags with pattern is perfect. Thank you for inspiration.

    New Post - http://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2019/08/mugler-aura-eau-de-parfum_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your styles, Mica. The leopard print tee with long sleeve cardigans look awesome.

    Enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love both bags but the orange one is just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh I love how you are matching the tees with the bags! Both looks are super casual but fun and stylish. You know I have the same RM bag but in pale lavender.

    Allie Mackin
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really love your first look, coral and grey look so great together and I love the look of a long cardigan.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  28. Matching top with a bag is a great idea! Although I don't have as many bags as you do :)) Somehow, I was never a bag buyer (rather shoes, probably), but slowly starting to invest to handbags! :) It's actually one of the best accessories to invest in!

    Have a great weekend!

    xx Bri | www.brigitadaisy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a big fan of handbags, but my shoe collection is quite boring, haha!

      Delete
  29. Omg love love the bags
    My Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/zorica_miteva/
    My Blog: https://theonethattravels.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love that leopard print comes in so many color variations. I had to look twice at the coral one to realize that it was leopard print. I really like that the bags coordinate so well with the tops - great looks! And I love the splash of color with the mustard cardigan. I need a longer cardigan and maybe I'm going to search for a mustard one now. You're also wearing the same necklace in a pic in your sidebar that says "What I Wore the Day I Got My Hair Cut". As always, your bags are fabulous - especially the pale coral! I can see doing an outfit using the mustard and coral somehow...

    Ruth
    www.VogueFauxReal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a versatile necklace, I do wear it with a lot, haha! I should give the mustard and coral combo a try! :)

      Delete
  31. You can't ever really go wrong with a pair of jeans and a cute tee for causal wear! So true that we all should wear the things we enjoy more often. I used to save pieces I really liked because I was afraid of wear and tear until I realized there was no point and wearing them as much as I want brings me much more joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely need to do that more and wear what makes me happy! :)

      Delete
  32. So cute! I really stay away from yellow and orange because I don't love how they look on me, but I love how they look on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your looks are gorgeous and i love the the bags.
    http://www.thestylegalaxy.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. I really like that your leopard print tops are not your traditional leopard print colors. Your top has more vibrance to it!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love matchy-matchy :)

    xx Alyssa | STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
  36. Loving the leopard print!!
    xx- Nina
    http://www.stylingwithnina.com/2019/08/how-to-look-classy-sexy-with-basics_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love the idea of matching your bag to your top, Mica! You know I love matchy-matchy! ;) Both of these outfits are so pretty. I especially like the first one! Sorry I've been so behind with leaving comments. The past few weeks have been really hard. XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matchy-matchy is the best! Sorry things have been so tough for you lately, I hope they improve soon!

      Delete
  38. Leopard print is my favorite too. But I mostly have black and white and the browns. I love the way you matched your bag to the top. Love the mustard color on you. :-)

    Via | http://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Lovely, especially the first look dear. Love the cute color of the bag.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Grey and orange looks amazing together ! This is such a fab look Mica.

    ReplyDelete
  41. You have a great bag collection Mica. Thanks for sharing. Jacqui Mummabstylish

    ReplyDelete
  42. I always love your outfit formulas! Matching your bag to your top looks great. I really love your grey purse!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  43. Thank you all for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...