Monday 18 January 2021

Navy Printed Culotte Shorts and Tees: Weekday Wear Link Up

For today's Weekday Wear Link Up I'm sharing two very similar shorts and tee outfits, with v-neck tees and navy printed culotte shorts. And I'm wearing some of the new things I got for Christmas too!


What I wore:

pink tee navy printed culottes converse and small paraty bag new years day outfit | away from blue

Chloe periwinkle small Paraty with navy culotte shorts | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | pink v-neck tee with navy lemon print kmart culotte shorts chloe paraty bag

Earrings: Piper gold and turquoise disc dangle earring
Necklace: Uniquely Made with Love Sea Change necklace
Tee: Jeanswest essential v-neck tee in azalea pink
Shorts: Kmart culotte short in navy lemon print
ShoesConverse Chuck Taylor All Star coast blue
Bag: Chloe periwinkle small Paraty


Why I wore it:

Wore this for the first day of the new year - we took the kids out for a bike ride along a local cycle path, and headed out to the shops afterwards to pickup some groceries and meet my parents who happened to be at the same shopping centre that day.

I dressed colourfully but comfortably for the heat, and I really wanted to wear a lot of new pieces I got for Christmas! The cute blue Converse All Star, turquoise and gold earrings, pink tee and small periwinkle Chloe Paraty bag were all Christmas gifts. They all work so well together in this outfit too! it's a lot of different shades of blue, especially with the navy printed culotte shorts and the blue beaded necklace, but I think that they all work well together. The Paraty bag matches the pastel blue in the print of the shorts so well too! The pink tee is a slightly different shade but I think it pairs nicely with the pastel pink on the printed culottes as well.

This was a really nice outfit to kick off the first day of the new year in, and it was good to enjoy some sunshine as it has been a bit cloudy and wet most days of the school holidays!


Last wornblue beaded necklace, navy printed culottes, Chloe Paraty bag. First time I've worn the earrings, pink tee and Converse shoes as they are Christmas gifts.

Other ways to wearnavy printed culottes and cardigan, Chloe Paraty and maxi dress.




Reveal: The Bag I Got For Christmas 






What I wore:

mustard scarf hair bow with white v-neck tee navy striped culotte shorts chloe paraty adidas superstar

Chloe periwinkle small Paraty with navy stripe culotte shorts | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue Instagram | white v-neck tee with navy stripe culotte shorts chloe paraty bag and mustard scarf in hair

Scarf: Kmart mustard hair scarf
NecklaceTiffany diamonds by the yard necklace
TeeCotton On The One Deep V tee in marle nep white body black (new purchase)
Shorts: Jeanswest Valerie yarn dye stripe short in navy and white 
Shoesthrifted Adidas Superstar sneakers
Bag: Chloe periwinkle small Paraty


Why I wore it:

Another simple shorts and tee outfit, again with navy printed culotte shorts, for a couple days after Christmas to take the kids out along a bike trail to test out the bikes they got for Christmas. These shorts were a present from my mum and I knew they would go so well with the tee I picked up at the outlets just before Christmas. The striped culottes are a linen blend, so super comfortable, and they have pockets! It's the first time I'm sharing them here on the blog but I have been wearing them on frequent repeat lately! I've really been embracing the soft shorts this winter, my denim ones haven't had a lot of wear.

The white stripes, white tee and white Adidas Superstar were a bit matchy-matchy, and the Chloe periwinkle small Paraty bag, although not the same shade as the navy shorts, complimented them nicely. The mustard hair scarf, also a Christmas present from my mum, was a nice way to add a little more colour and it helped disguise a bad hair day I was having, ha!


Last worndiamond necklace, Adidas Superstar, Chloe Paraty bag (above). First time I've worn the scarf and shorts as they were Christmas gifts and first time I've worn the tee as it was a late December purchase.



How You Can Wear It:

Shorts and a tee is a go-to summer outfit! For something a little different you can try introducing a print, like these navy printed culotte shorts. They are nice and breezy and perfect for humid summer days too!



Weekday Wear Linkup #104


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!


Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails





Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 


67 comments:

  1. Your mom sure knows what looks good on you. Wearing shorts and sneakers looks stylish and is very comfortable. Especially with the het. Enjoy your week Mica.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the navy shorts!!
    have a great start in the new week,
    Tiziana

    www.tizianaolbrich.de

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that the shorts almost look a mini skirt. Both looks are so cute and perfect for summer! Thanks for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Culottes are the best for that, all the practically of shorts and the look of a cute skirt!

      Delete
  4. Nice outfits. I really thinking the earring set off the first one :-D

    Have a nice week. Weather is a bit better here, back to rain instead of the snow and ice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such pretty earrings, I'm glad I took the chance to wear them! :)

      Delete
  5. I love both of these outfits, Mica! This style of shorts is so cute and fun. I just bought a similar pair yesterday but now I have to wait for warmer weather to wear them. Although I think they may be cute with tights and boots as well! Have a great week!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really loved the outfits! <3

    www.pimentamaisdoce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that your seasons are opposite from ours because you always make me look forward to other seasons. I love all the colorful additions to your closet. Have a wonderful week!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are such great summer looks! Can't decide which one I like more! Loving both the striped and print shorts! And gorgeous jewelry on the first outfit! Love those earrings!!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely bag! thank you very much for your sharing )

    ReplyDelete
  10. These culottes are adorable on you! Happy week Mica xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the sporty but polished look of these printed culotte shorts, and what a fantastic new bag! Your family gives you great gifts! Hope you have a nice week, and thanks for the link up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love both outfits very much! You look so pretty in these cute culotte shorts, dear Mica!
    xxxxx Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love both outfits very much! You look so pretty in these cute culotte shorts, dear Mica!
    xxxxx Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so refreshing to see 'warm weather' outfits here on your blog, as it's very cold over here in Europe right now! Hope you've had a wonderful weekend :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both looks are beautiful! You always play with colour so effortlessly. I have to say....that periwinkle purse is SO fabulous. I love the colour and the style. It is absolute perfection!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love these beautiful outfits, Mica! I think I love the navy shorts the most. :)

    Wishing you an amazing week ahead, my friend!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh it must be nice to get out cycling so often. The last time I did this was over a decade ago when I lived in Seattle. And that perriwinkle colored bag is GORGEOUS!!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the kids are loving making the most of their Christmas presents! I'll need to get myself a bike soon to keep up with them, haha!

      Delete
  18. These are both really cute outfits, Mica! I love your new bag - the gold hardware is pretty and really pops against the pale blue of the bag. Your new Cons are a fantastic colour! I noticed them right away! That pink tee is also a really good colour on you.

    Your mustard head-scarf is great and echoes the gold hardware - love those Adidas!

    Thanks so much for the link-up - I apologize for my absence (and lack of reciprocal comments) last week. I took a week off from commenting and ack, so much to catch up on! I hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sister picked so well with these shoes, I love them! And no worries, thank you for linking up when you can! :)

      Delete
  19. That's a super cute bag, and I love that it works with more casual outfits too!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. These shorts are so cute! I can't wait for it to be summer here soon. I'm jealous of your warm weather!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  21. Two lovely easy-going Summer outfits, Mica! With the pop of pink from your tee, and the colourful necklace and earrings, your first outfit is my favourite. How gorgeous is that periwinkle blue bag! I hope your week went off to a good start, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those shorts are so cute!
    xx- Nina
    http://www.stylingwithnina.com/2021/01/pink-teddy-coat-my-experience-on-10-day.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. You look adorable..
    Especially love the first outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both of these outfits are darling on you! I am counting down the days until we have warm weather again!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the pop of colour in the first outfit. And how nice you bumped into your parents in the same place. A pleasant surprise like that is always nice. I think most of us are guilty of a bad hair day too lol. I'm jealous of all the nice weather you're having right now. Have a great week ahead Mica : ) xo

    www.juanitalikes.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am not sure if my comment went through, but I love these kinds of shorts Mica!! These almost seem like a skirt yet are functional.
    OXOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am super jealous you are in tees and shorts, Mica:) And linen plus pockets is definitely a win! You look great in both outfits...casual and comfy but still stylish:)
    PS I am so jealous (as always) that your 3 day lockdown worked! Super happy for you guys:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Those printed shorts are so fun! I love the colors in the first look especially, and the scarf in your hair in that second look is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  29. That is one spectacular bag!
    Love the light blue shade of that Chloe bag-

    ReplyDelete
  30. I bet the boys loved riding there bike. You are rocking those shorts.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ooh! I especially like your first outfit. I love all the colors!

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ooh! I especially like your first outfit. I love all the colors!

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. That bag is just gorgeous! I love the periwinkle color! That was one of my favorite crayola colors when I was younger. Haha! Both of your printed shorts outfits are really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Both of these pairs of shorts are so cute, Mica! I need to get my hands on more of these shorts come summertime. They're so comfy and cute!

    Miles of smiles,
    Grace

    gracefulrags.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love that you were able to put so many of your great Christmas gifts together to create one darling look. Love all that blue with the pretty pink. Those shorts are really cute...and 'read' skirt in the photos. Makes them seem a little dressier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes culottes are the best! Dressy looking skirt with all the benefits and functionality of shorts! :)

      Delete
  36. Its io cute - I really like the shorts.


    Candice x

    theblogsocial.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the first outfit, gorgeous shorts and cute color of tee!
    Have a wonderful day!:)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Your Chloe bag is beautiful and I love how you're wearing it.
    And I really love your colorful accessories in the first look.
    Theses summer looks are really cool.
    xx
    Margot
    https://troughthepasturesofthesky.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love both comfortable looks. Perfect to fight the heat. Blue looks great on you and I am always happy seeing people play around with various shades of same color

    ReplyDelete
  40. Both looks are super cute- and I'm loving the bright Chuck's in the first outfit!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  41. How cute is this bag! I love this outfit!

    Amber | The Unpredicted Page | https://theunpredictedpage.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wow I love your bag so much I think it's one of my favorites!
    And I prefer your second look!
    Have a nice week Mica, here we are in lockdown and Portugal become one of the worst countries in these pandemic, I'm very depressed!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that - I hope things improve and get safer for you soon!

      Delete
  43. Your Chloe bag is so so pretty, I just love that periwinkle blue color! How great to style several of your new Christmas gifts, these culottes look so cute and comfy. =)

    I hope you are having a great week!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love these simple and casual looks! Your bag is gorgeous!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Your shorts and tees look very cute and so good for hot days with your little ones. Many thanks for hosting Mica, enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I loved the first look with the All Star sneakers, it looks beautiful! :)

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  47. That bag is so lovely! And it is so practical!

    https://www.emilyclareskinner.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love both looks Mica and I love all of your Christmas gifts especially that Chloe bag. It's so pretty and the color you chose is perfection. Don't mind me as I stare longer!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love your simple shorts outfits, Mica. The first is my favorite because I love colorful outfits!

    http://lizzyslatest.com/

    ReplyDelete
  50. Super Mica, I can't wait to wear shorts again. Thanks for sharing & have a super week/weekend. Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  51. Hey Mica,

    Both looks are great to start the year! Here we had to start 2021 with a lot of chunky sweaters and scarfs since the cold weather hit us hard!

    Those short culottes seem a good option to stay comfty and cool, summer is the season when you want to stay as comfortable as possible!

    Hope you had fun biking, it is amazing that you can have time outdoors with all this madness!

    Pablo
    Hey Fungi

    ReplyDelete
  52. Really like both outfits. I'll be SO glad when we can wear winter clothes.
    Grace & Peace, Iris
    www.IrisOriginalsRamblings.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. I really love your casual outfits!
    You are so cute in those those Christmas presents!
    Have a lovely weekend, Mica<3

    akiko
    www.akikohiramatsu.com

    ReplyDelete
  54. It looks like you got some wonderful gifts! Both outfits look lovely :)

    Ekaterina | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  55. The Chloe bag is such a nice gift, I love both the design and the color! It goes very well with these casual outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Thanks all for your lovely comments - and for joining the link up! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...