Wednesday 28 October 2015

Frocktober: Kimonos, Blue Dresses, Balenciaga Sorbet Pink City Bag and Monthly Purchases

First, what I bought in October. As I am doing Frocktober and wearing only dresses, I didn't buy any new clothes. I did buy a few accessories though! Using some store credit at Rebecca Minkoff, and taking advantage of the Shopbop sale in October. As the parcels arrived separately, about a week apart, I've got 2 'what I bought' videos instead of just the one!

What I bought from Shopbop:


What I bought from Rebecca Minkoff:




Some impulse buys in there, and two things (the bag and wallet) I'd been thinking about getting for a while. It was good to start doing some early Christmas shopping too!


Now, more Frocktober outfits! Two blue dresses this time. I'm challenging myself to wear a different dress each day in October as I take part in the Frocktober fundraiser for Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation.

What I wore:

Away From Blue | Shein lace kimono jeanswest chambray shift dress ankle boots pink Bal city spring OOTD

Away From The Blue | Balenciaga 2010 pink sorbet city classic RH bag
Jacket: Shein cream lace kimono (C/O)
Necklace: Chanel necklace
DressJeanswest Rachel Lyocell chambray dress (C/O)
ShoesAsos airtime leather Chelsea boots in tan
Bracelets: the usual plus Edenborough Evans 'Ivy' silver cuff and enamel coated Marc By Marc Jacobs Katie bracelet
BagBalenciaga RH classic city in 2010 sorbet

Why I wore it:

Shein were kind enough to let me pick something from their large range to try out, and I chose this lovely lace kimono. I think it would look great with jeans or shorts, and that's how I had pictured it. Of course, I can only wear dresses in October, so I tried the next best thing and wore it with this chambray dress. I actually quite liked the combination!

I gushed a lot about this dress when I first got it, and yet it hasn't been worn too frequently...it's not that I've fallen out of love with it, it's that I felt it was tricky to hide the baby bump in it! The dress is from the regular line, not the maternity line, but it still fits the bump nicely so hopefully I can squeeze in a few more wears before my belly outgrows it entirely.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarerschambray dress, Asos Chelsea ankle boots, Balenciaga sorbet city bag. First time I've worn the kimono as it's a recent wardrobe addition.

Other ways to wearchambray dress and a puple cardi, ankle boots in the office, Balenciaga sorbet city bag with a maxi dress and baby bump.


More cute kimonos under $50:




Some crochet/lace ones for warmer days and cosier knitted ones for cooler days.



What I wore:

Away From Blue | Colourful spring outfit second trimester teal pasiley maxi dress purple cardi pink bag

Away From Blue | Colourful bag and outfit Balenciaga RH classic city in 2010 sorbet pink teal maxi dress
JacketJeanswest Peggie kimono cardigan in purple mulberry marle
Necklace: rectangle pendant necklace
Dress: thrifted JayJays teal paisley print maxi dress
ShoesIkwetta 'Circles of life' sandals (C/O)
BagBalenciaga RH classic city in 2010 sorbet

Why I wore it:

Another blue dress! Well, teal, but close enough. I had been looking forward to wearing this dress as part of the challenge so much, I thought it would look great with the bump. And it does, but it was also very tight! I don't think I could have waited any longer to wear this. It's a lovely dress but doesn't have much stretch, so I won't be wearing this beautiful piece again until after baby's arrival sadly!

I figured I'd add a colourful cardigan to this for warmth in the morning, as I already had the colourful bag and shoes with it. There's purple in the print so the purple kimono cardi seemed like a great idea. I adored this outfit. Was perfect for spending the morning at playgroup with toddler T, and sharing our baby news with all the ladies we hadn't caught up with over the playgroup break.


Last worn: Ray-Ban Wayfarers (above), purple kimono cardi, teal printed maxi dress, Ikwetta sandals, Balenciaga sorbet city (above).

Other ways to wear: purple kimono cardi layered up for a cold day, teal printed maxi dress in winter, Ikwetta sandals with stripesBalenciaga sorbet city bag with monochrome outfits.


An update on my Frocktober progress:
A photo posted by Mica (@awayfromblue) on

There is still time to donate! Your donations and support can help so much. There is no early detection test for ovarian cancer like there is for other cancers, your donation funds much needed research.

Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin : Facebook : Twitter : Google Plus : Instagram
 : LikeToKnow.It : Youtube 

60 comments:

  1. Love the combo of colours in the last one - so peacocky and rocking the bump!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I procrastinated too much with that Shopbop sale. I wanted a pair of heels but I wasn't sure about sizing and returns are too $$$$. Can I just say how much I love that chambray dress. It is stunning, especially with the kimono. I do hope you'll get more wear out of it before the bump gets even bigger!

    Sxx
    www.daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I get more wear out of it too! :)

      Shame you missed out on the heels you wanted - but you're right it's not cheap with the returns internationally if the sizing was off!

      Delete
  3. I really love this chambray dress, may have to go to Jeans West and check it out! Also the pink bag goes great with it.
    Talia
    DrShopCook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely check it out! They may still have some stock left. It was selling out pretty quickly at first.

      Delete
  4. That kimono looks really great on you! :) Loving the colours, and it really shows off your figure. :) Thanks for sharing, dear! x

    Kay
    http://shoesandglitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you found some great stuff at Rebecca Minkoff (I want one of her bags) and at Shopbop. With your beautiful eyes and fair locks, blue is your color Mica. Love both outfits and both dresses, especially the chambray one. And look your bump is showing. When are you due, pretty lady?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, impossible to hide the bump! I'm due in March :)

      Delete
  6. High five for getting some of your holiday shopping done! I can't wait to see you style the MAB tote!

    http://bedknobsandbaubles.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Won't be long until it's on the blog! I've been wearing it so much since I got it!

      Delete
  7. I think the lace kimono over a chambray is a beautiful look! Different too! That teal dress is stunning on you! You honestly cannot tell that it's "tight." It just looks adorable showcasing your bump like that. (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so adorable in the chambray dress! I also really love the purple Rebecca Minkoff bag that you bought during the Shopbop sale! It's such a gorgeous color!

    Fizz and Frosting

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bump grows so quickly, I always underestimate it and figure: Yes, this will be fine! when I can rarely close the zipper...

    Linda, Libra, Loca: Beauty, Baby and Backpacking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes it catches you by surprise some days!

      Delete
  10. Adorable! :) I love the cardi in the first look, great look!

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love all your dresses - such a great mix! What a challenge, doing this around your bump as well. That lace kimono is amazing. Want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly has been a challenge working in the baby bump too!

      Delete
  12. That teal dress is such a statement! Love the color and how bright it is!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the lace kimono!

    Kisses from the Philippines!
    - Seyra
    www.pavementsarerunways.com
    Instagram: @_srico

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful looks I am adoring the first cardi :)

    ARedLip&Love

    ReplyDelete
  15. all the items seem so nicely packed...and I must admit that yellow scarf caught my attention the most.

    Both outfits are divine. Such wonderful maternity looks! That maxi dress looks amazing on you, there is something regal, a sense of 'regal beauty' about that combo, I love it!!!!! I think the combo of that blue maxi and purple cardi works really well.

    The first dress is really adorable and it looks great on you. Fantastic urban look, very youthful but also tres chic. The bag works nicely with both looks.

    Thank you for your comment...yes, real life should always be a priority:) Have a nice day!

    http://modaodaradosti.blogspot.ba/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, shopbop always gets the packaging just right! I had to buy the yellow scarf, such a great colour!

      I was really pleased with such a colourful outfit combination - I'll be sad I can't wear the dress again for a while but it's sure to get a workout again when baby arrives!

      Delete
    2. yes, that dress is a keeper:)

      Delete
  16. I absolutely love the chambray and lace like cardi outfit :)
    I skipped the shop bop sale, did a little damage locally :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to your budget post to see what you bought! :)

      Delete
  17. your belly looks so big now. You look adorable!
    x,Abril
    The Color Palette

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love lace, so I'm naturally drawn to the lace kimono. Glad that you got something that worked, often those places are hit or miss. Lovely outfits. /Madison
    The Frenchie Foodie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm glad it worked out, it was exactly as expected :)

      Delete
  19. You are such a cute mama-to-be! I haven't embraced the kimono trend yet myself, but it looks great on you with that chambray dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love kimonos! I'd love more in my wardrobe actually!

      Delete
  20. Your little bump is looking so cute in those dresses! I love the chambray and lace combo in your first outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome style!
    Have a nice day!
    Angela Donava
    http://www.lookbooks.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's so great to see you post a video again! Everything you got is absolutely perfect, I want them all. My favourite would have to be the gorgeous plum bag. Love your dresses, the teal is such a pretty pattern and blue is a fabulous colour on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sporadic with my video sharing - need to get better at regularly uploading ones!

      Delete
  23. The bag is amazing!<3
    Thanks for your comment on my blog, do you mind following each other via gfc and bloglovin? Let me know ;)

    Regards,
    a-cupofrain.blogspot.co.id

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the short dress you wore for the first look matched with the colourful bag! You look very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ohh that baleciaga bag ♥

    Kisses :*

    www.thewhiteprint.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely adore that pink bag...so cute!!!

    Laura
    www.24-7style.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. You look lovely! I love the pop of colors =)

    STYLE VANITY

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely outfits, I love your bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh man, that magenta wallet is beautiful!! I also love that sheer embroidered cover up in the first photo. Really beautiful piece.

    https://forsevenseasons.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such an awesome wallet! Holds a ton too!

      Delete
  30. great color for the balenciaga bag! i also love the quilted wallet you got!

    Have a great day!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love the color of your bag :) Bonjour from France, Sand.

    GIVEAWAY on my blog:
    www.taimemode-fashionblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oooh both your Rebecca Minkoff purchases are so cute! I especially love the tote :) That lace kimono you're wearing in your first outfit is absolutely adorable!

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  33. You have such a great dress collection Mica! I love that chambray dress, especially with the lace! And you're right, that teal maxi dress showcases your cute bump :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Omg, I've been kind of hit or miss with reading blogs cover to cover, so forgive me when I say...you're pregnant?! Congrats!!! I love both dresses...they look so cute with the bump!!!! XO
    Lauren-Blair
    www.prefertobedemure.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you! Yep, in the second trimester :)

      Delete
  35. What a bump!! I really like the denim dress!
    Looking great Mica!
    x Kirsty

    ReplyDelete
  36. You look adorable in that chambray dress! I love the lace kimono layered over it! The teal maxi is gorgeous on you!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  37. Thank you all for your comments! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. The lace kimono is so pretty and I love the teal dress!

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. You have such a cute voice, Mica! :) Great Shopbop buys. Love your superb bag and modern hippie looks, especially the Jeanswest dress combo on you!!

    Ira / JOURNAL OF STYLE / BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  40. That last dress is so sassy Mica! Love the color and print on you.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...