Friday 9 April 2021

Pink Tees, Maxi Skirts, and Louis Vuitton Bags

Easy autumn outfits - pink tees, maxi skirts and Louis Vuitton bags, for two very different days. A very warm and sunny day, and a very wet day!


What I wore:

pink tee, black drawstring maxi skirt, sneakers and Louis Vuitton damier azur neverfull tote mum style | awayfromblue

Louis Vuitton MM damier azur neverfull on shoulder | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue Instagram | mum style pink v neck tee black maxi skirt Louis Vuitton damier azur neverfull mm


Necklace: Colette tortoise shell acrylic disc tassel necklace
TeeCotton On deep v tee in washed desert rose
Skirt: thrifted Crossroads black ruffle hem maxi skirt
ShoesNew Balance Coast women's running shoe in black 
BagLouis Vuitton MM damier azur neverfull


Why I wore it:

Wore this on a hot day to visit another local trail with my parents and the kids. One we hadn't been to before, the kids loved it! It wasn't too long a trail for my knee and it was really quiet with plenty of space to distance from people. Was good for the kids to have a bit of a run around before the wet weather set in later that week too!

Kept it simple with a tee and maxi skirt - again with my New Balance sneakers, I need support for my knee when walking even though the trail was paved. I fit some snacks for the kids and all our water bottles in the Louis Vuitton damier azur neverfull tote bag too - this is the perfect carryall and doesn't get uncomfortable even with multiple water bottles in it.

The pink tee was a nice way to add a little colour too. I liked the tassel necklace even though I wasn't sure at first if it would work with the drawstring on the maxi skirt. Really liked this outfit and the day we had out in the bush!




What I wore:

pink tee and floral print navy maxi skirt with Adidas superstar sneakers and Louis Vuitton speedy bandouliere | away from blue

Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere | away from the blue


Earrings: Kmart navy tassel earrings
Necklace: Lovisa blue leaf long necklace
Tee: Jeanswest essential v-neck tee in azalea pink
Skirt: Ally Fashion blue border print floral maxi skirt
Shoesthrifted Adidas Superstar sneakers
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch c/o JORD
BagLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene 30 speedy bandouliere


Why I wore it:

I'd planned to wear this outfit to bring a bit of colour to the wet week - a little colourful cheer in the big wet. We were lucky to avoid most of the floods so it was a regular day for us with the school run, a library visit, and sports in the evening. While it was a dry morning I quickly regretted my outfit choice when we got to the library - being petite this maxi skirt is a bit on the long side and it quickly started to get wet. Accidentally stepping into a puddle on the way home after sports was the worst!

Unsuitability for the wet weather aside, I did like the outfit! The pink tee is so perfect with the blue and pink floral print on the skirt, a really pretty and cheerful combination. The navy leaf necklace was a bit of matchy-matchy with the print on the skirt too.




How You Can Wear It:

A tee and maxi skirt is a staple outfit for mum life! You can use a pink tee to add more colour to a neutral skirt, or to bring even more colour to an already bright printed skirt. The pinks match so nicely in that last outfit!




Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

49 comments:

  1. Hello Mica, I hope you're having a good Friday :) I imagine is already late in Australia.

    I really liked that bag, seems like the perfect option for a city bag to carry all the necessary stuff, from the smallest things like hand sanitizer to even a light jacket. I'd say it is a classic bag and one of those things that could be used despite the season or if your style is changing. The first one is my favorite and I liked how you mixed it with pink! :)

    Happy to read that you enjoyed some time outdoors with your beloved ones :) Keep enjoying!

    Pablo
    Hey Fungi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are both such practical bags!

      Delete
  2. So pretty in pink, and I love the second skirt!!!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself


    My Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about all the wet weather and flooding. Hope you have a wonderful weekend Mica!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It got really bad in some places, we were very lucky!

      Delete
  4. I totally get that - long skirts in wet weather are the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great looks Mica. Love the blue leaf necklace!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. OBSESSED with your first look - it is perfection! And that LV!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh that trail looks fun! I need to start getting back into walking. Maybe now that the weather is warmer and we're almost vaccinated I can convince my husband to go for walks again, haha!
    And oh noo!!! That mean puddle! I hate when the bottoms of my clothes get wet. Definitely harder for us short girls!
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can do it! it's been our saving grace as while playgrounds and evreything are open again out on the trail there's a lot more space to distance and less people. Nice and gentle on my knee most walks we pick too!

      Delete
  8. That's a great post.
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love these:) You really can't go wrong with classics like the maxi skirt and LV bag. And yay for finding a new trail to take the kids too! I am honestly getting bored walking around our neighbourhood but since we are in lockdown again, can't really go anywhere...sigh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I hope lockdown is lifted soon! It was so hard last year when we had the distance limit to lockdown and we couldn't go far, but nice we can explore more now life is back to normal. You'll get there!

      Delete
  10. Love your bags, I would really like to own one. Thanks for sharing today. Jacqui x

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look SO good in pink, Mica - it's really a fabulous colour on you. You certainly have extremes of weather!

    Have a wonderful weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so pretty in pink and maxi skirt!
    I like this simple styles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Always love your styling of maxi skirts with cute bright tops. Beautiful Mica!
    Have a great weekend!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes nice to get some color in before the cold weather hits. The LV bag is great a nice size and a classic pattern. The trail looked wonderful and indeed enough social distancing!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never really thought about it until you talked about needing the sneakers for your knee...maxis are good at hiding sneakers if you are trying to.
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they don't really go with maxi skirts but the skirts hide them well sometimes!

      Delete
  16. So glad you were able to enjoy the trail! It sounds like it was a lot of fun. I absolutely love both outfits. The purse in that first look is just perfection. The size is perfect because it looks like it can hold an awful lot but is still practical to carry around! I hope you have a wonderful weekend <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such beautiful outfits, Mica! I think the first one is my favorite, and love the Neverfull bag! It's on my list to get at some point. :)

    Wishing you the brightest weekend ahead, my friend.

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great bag, worth splurging on IMHO! :)

      Delete
  18. Oh, what a nice post! You look amazing in your outfit and I love your bag! Wish we could go out on the trail here, too. Glad you had a great time with your family :)


    Saw your blog and thought if you would like to follow each other? Follow me and I'll follow back asap. Let me know what you think. I'd love to hear something from you! :)
    www.cielofernando.com
    FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is such a lovely outfit, I love the bag!

    Danielle | thereluctantblogger.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yes to these pink tees! Black and pink is one of my favorite color palettes. Enjoy your weekend!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes to these pink tees! Black and pink is one of my favorite color palettes. Enjoy your weekend!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like these outfits with long skirts and Louis Vuitton bags. They look very elegant. I hope so that you have amazing week and enjoy in weekends.

    New Post - https://www.exclusivebeautydiary.com/2021/04/viktor-rolf-bonbon-vs-hugo-boss-scent.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. That cute pink top looks great with both skirts. Hard to pick a favorite.

    Hope you're having a great day.
    Grace & Peace, Iris
    www.IrisOriginalsRamblings.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love that bag. I is big enough to carry things around when you are going to spend more time outside. I love the color of your shirt. :-)

    Via | https://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like Tees, especially when the season transitions. Lovely outfits, Mica. I hope you enjoyed your Easter holiday.
    FASHION TALES

    ReplyDelete
  26. Two great outfits, Mica! Pink definitely suits you. The second outfit, with the blue maxi skirt and blue leaf necklace is my favourite. Such delightful colours the brighten up a rainy day, although I'm hearing you on a maxi skirt not being the best choice for a wet day. As a fellow petite, I know all to well :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you so much for your comment, Mica!! Yes, I've always been very fan of Mickey since I was a little girl, so I love it too! hehe. And about the dress, it's a bit different from what I usually wear but can't wait to style it! :) Happy weekend! Kss

    ♥ ★ ♥ GINGER COLLAGE ♥ ★ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the second outfit. You can never go wrong with a fun outfit on a rainy day.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  29. You look beautiful. Very nice outfits;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the first bag - the bigger the better haha! Love a simple tee too, they get so much wear! xx

    Danielle's Beauty Blog 

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your outfit.
    Pink and blue go so well together.
    I wish you a great week.
    xx
    Margot
    https://troughthepasturesofthesky.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful outfits. I like first look that you wore for a day in a bush with your kids and parents. The pink tee looks lovely paired with a black maxi. It makes sense you wore sneakers, always a best option for walking, especially if the knee is giving you problems. That tote bag looks very spacious but chic at the same time. So great that you can find multiple water bottles in there. Staying hydrated is important. I imagine that as a mother, there are always things you need to carry in it. The second styling with the pink tee and a blue maxi skirt is very pretty as well. Blue and pink is always a nice colour combo. The blue necklace is cute too. You look lovely.
    I hope you had a nice weekend. Have a great weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes the neverfull is a great bag for carrying around all the things the kids and I need!

      Delete
  33. Lovely LV collection! I have a couple of them (maybe more...) and I've been wearing my Alma non stop in the last year!
    have a great week!
    S

    ReplyDelete
  34. I hate getting the hem of my pants or skirt wet on rainy days! I love that look though, the blue and pink go so well together!

    ReplyDelete
  35. The pink tee looks cute on you! The blue leaf necklace is beautiful!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I like both of those outfits on you and you have a nice handbag collection.
    Thanks for the blog visit Mica and I hope you have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Those Louis Vuitton bags seem so great! Both are basic and luxurious.
    I love your pink tee with the blue maxi skirt<3
    Sometimes I also step into a puddle, hahaha

    akiko

    ReplyDelete
  38. These are both nice looks :-D

    ReplyDelete
  39. Love your pop of pink top, Mica! So, pretty! Look number 2 is my fave! :)

    http://lizzyslatest.com/

    ReplyDelete
  40. These are such pretty looks. I love you you styled the pink tee.

    I'm sorry your skirt ended up getting wet though...

    Ekaterina | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thanks all for your comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...