Wednesday 26 February 2020

Soft Pull On Shorts and Printed Kimonos With Rebecca Minkoff Bags

Again with two very similar outfit formulas, but different colour schemes! On hot and humid summer days these soft pull on shorts are the best, I'm surprised they haven't been worn as much this summer! It was nice wearing them on these wet but still hot days.

I just wish I could have worn different shoes, but these are the only shoes that make walking and driving bearable with my injured knee!

What I wore:

yellow navy and olive pull on shorts and kimono outfit summer mum outfit with Rebecca Minkoff Regan bag | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon with navy olive yellow outfit | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue Instagram | navy olive and yellow soft pull on embroidered shorts and kimono outfit with Rebecca Minkoff Regan bag
JacketJeanswest Eliza summer poncho in yellow floral
NecklaceJeanswest Taryn turquoise tassel bead necklace
Tank: MEV Britney bubble tank in mood indigo C/O
ShortsJeanswest Tessa olive embroidered shorts
ShoesNew Balance white and blue sneakers
BagRebecca Minkoff Regan Satchel Tote in moon

Why I wore it:

I recently wore those olive embroidered shorts with a navy tee, blue tie dye kimono and mustard yellow bag. I liked the colour combination so much I wanted to wear it again. I changed it up a little this time though, having the navy Rebecca Minkoff Regan satchel bag instead of the mustard one, and having the yellow kimono instead of a yellow bag. I wore this navy tank instead of the navy tee too, but wore the same turquoise tassel necklace.

Just as I did last time I wore these colours together, I really liked this outfit! It was a hot and humid day but thankfully the rain held off for the school drop off and pick up, and we were able to do all our errands at the closest shopping centre to enjoy the aircon and keep dry!


Last worn: yellow kimono, navy breastfeeding tank, turquoise tassel necklace, olive embroidered shorts, New Balance sneakers, Rebecca Minkoff Regan satchel.

Other ways to wearyellow kimono with denim, navy breastfeeding tank and jeans, olive embroidered shorts and grey knit, New Balance sneakers and pink shorts, Rebecca Minkoff Regan satchel and jeans.

Perfect for pregnancynavy breastfeeding tank in third trimester.


My Rebecca Minkoff Handbag Collection:







What I wore:

green floral duster kimono with monochrome back printed pull on shorts outfit | away from blue

Rebecca Minkoff MAB mini in soft grey with black printed shorts and kimono outfit | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | Jeanswest floral duster kimono with printed shorts Rebecca Minkoff MAM bag summer mum style
JacketJeanswest Delilah Long Line Kimono in Green Floral
NecklaceRoie Designs long freshwater pearl necklace with tassel
TankJeanswest Brianna basque hem tank
ShortsJeanswest Parker printed shirred short
ShoesNew Balance white and blue sneakers
BagRebecca Minkoff MAB mini in soft grey (get it second hand)

Why I wore it:

Another oh-so-comfortable and light pair of pull on shorts. These ones are black with a little white square print on them so I thought they would look great with the green duster kimono, with the white in the flower print. I really liked this combination.

Not as colourful as the outfit above, I stuck with a monochrome black outfit with the black tank and printed shorts, and a neutral grey Rebecca Minkoff MAM bag. I thought that the green floral duster was enough extra interest with the outfit, especially with the print mixing with the shorts.

Again with these New balance shoes which are pretty much a staple here now. Any time I have tried to walk too far without them my injured knee has been in so much pain!


Last worn: green floral duster, pearl tassel necklace, black blouson tank, black printed pull on shorts, New Balance (above), Rebecca Minkoff MAM satchel.

Other ways to weargreen floral duster and dress, black blouson tank and pencil skirt, black printed pull on shorts in monochrome outfit, New Balance and denim, Rebecca Minkoff MAM satchel worn 30 ways.

Perfect for pregnancyRebecca Minkoff MAM satchel in third trimester.




Pull On Shorts Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

On a hot and humid day a pair of neutral pull on soft shorts like these olive and black pairs are perfect - no fussing with zips or buttons and incredibly comfortable all day. To mix it up a little you can add a kimono on top for a touch of colour or print mixing.


Linking up with Weekend Wear, Fancy Friday.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

40 comments:

  1. Love these kimonos and bags! You look so cool in both outfits!

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love how you style your kimonos, which are so pretty and colorful! Have you tried shoe inserts to help alleviate your knee? I’ve heard Dr. Scholls has some good ones. That way you don’t feel limited with your shoe choices.

    Xo,

    Jalisa
    THE STYLE CONTOUR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to not have to invest any more than the already expensive fortnightly physio sessions in getting my knee better, haha!

      Delete
  3. I do love a nice pair of soft shorts! I always enjoy seeing that green pair, so cute!
    Stupid knee injury!! I have a weird knee injury but it only flares up if I walk a lot and its cold, shoes don't really matter in helping the pain unfortunately. It's been a lot better since I did physical therapy in 2018 though
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that would be annoying! I'm thankful these shoes make it more bearable, they are very supportive!

      Delete
  4. hi
    I love kimonos as much as you do, they are so charming!!
    Loved both outfits!!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These kimonos are so fun! And as always, your handbag collection never disappoints. Gorgeous outfits!

    Lizzie
    www.lizzieinlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the shorts in your first outfit. I wish I had some! Your kimono adds a little extra coverage if you feel like you need it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love how many colorful kimonos you have Mica. It makes me think I need some more.
    XOXO
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is the first time I ever seen you in sneakers before. I hope you are having a great week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wearing them a lot recently but normally only wear these for long walks with the dogs (before I hurt myself) so they haven't been on the blog much :)

      Delete
  9. Mica, you wear the shoes you need to until your knees heal up! I love the sunny yellow on you. I can't even imagine wearing shorts right now, partly weather and partly old-lady thighs, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you'd look great in shorts! :) And thank you :) I'm just a little annoyed I can't wear my other shoes and I'm always in these. Keep reminding myself it's temporary :)

      Delete
  10. Those olive shorts are so perfect! I love how versatile they are and how many amazing outfits you can create around them. Both looks are absolutely gorgeous.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry your knee has been bothering you! I really like the navy, mustard, and olive green combination! Both of these outfits are very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look absolutely stunning and I love the outfits, plus bags.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can t wait to shop for shorts! It s to cold yet but soon!!!! I like the longer top over shorts look. I think I will try that this Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like these casual outfits. Very suitable for our hot days.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry about your injured knee. I hope it's better now. Hugs.

    amakamedia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, but I will be in pain for a while with this injury I think!

      Delete
  16. I love the yellow, it's so pretty and happy!! Beautiful outfits x

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is pretty wet here too, but cold at the same time, with constant rain that changes to snow at night. Not a very pleasant experience, and definitely not the weather for shorts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes definitely not shorts weather! We are lucky to never have to deal with snow!

      Delete
  18. kimonos really freshen up an outfit! Your two looks are lovely, Mica! Hope your knee feels better soon.

    http://lizzyslatest.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't worn shorts in years, but I remember wearing shorts a lot, even for work, in the late 90s. I even wore a short suit at my sister's wedding! But you can certainly pull them off, and wearing them with your trademark kimonos is such a great idea. Being a lover of colour, your first outfit is my favourite! Wishing you a wonderful weekend, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely gorgeous kimonos!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Both of these outfits are so cute. I really like the combination of shorts and kimonos. That first yellow kimono is so cute. Yellow is such a nice pop of colour. I love how the blue necklace pops out against the dark tee in the first look as well. Such a fresh styling! The second outfit with the green kimono is very lovely as well.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your little llama keychain is so cute! A perfect touch on the bag!

    https://sundaydahlias.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the best impulse buy, was made for that bag I think! :)

      Delete
  23. I love both of these kimonos, and those shorts look so comfy and cute. Both of the necklaces you added are so fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your first Rebecca Minkoff bag! I saw that in suede and wanted to get one.

    https://ahleessa4realz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely get one if you can find it second hand! The Real Real has some cute ones :)

      Delete
  25. That yellow kimono is so cheery! I actually don't have any pull on shorts but most of my skirts are!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your kimonos in every post Mica. You also motivate me to wear them. I guess it looks absolutely gorgeous on you. On me it is okay. :-)

    Via | https://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love both the kimonos. Shorts are cute too, but not for my age.
    Grace & Peace,Iris
    www.IrisOriginalsRamblings.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are inspiring me to get some soft shorts this summer! Very cute outfits! Too bad about the shoes, though. Maybe it's just an invitation to pick up some cute but supportive sneakers...? (I'm assuming they exist, but I may be wrong, haha!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I am trying to resist buying new shoes but once I get full mobility back and stop limping everywhere I might have to go update these shoes!

      Delete
  29. Thanks all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I like the cool vibe with the sneakers. I have to admit I do not own shorts with elastic at the waist. I think they won't look good, however looking at yours i have to admit I am wrong - you wear them so well. so it s more like the wont look good on me.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...