Monday 28 June 2021

Weekday Wear Link Up: Purple Double Denim Skinny Jeans and Tees Outfits

Layering up with double denim, but keeping it colourful with touches of purple for some winter outfits recently in Brisbane. It was a cold week, even for winter, and definite jeans weather!


What I wore:

navy and purple double denim jeans outfit with white jacket printed scarf and chloe paraty bag | awayfromblue

printed scarf, white denim jacket and Chloe periwinkle small Paraty | away from blue


JacketCotton On girlfriend denim jacket in whitehaven
Scarf: Fashion Scarf Girl navy and white geo print tassel scarf
Tee: Jeanswest Sophie navy v-neck tee
JeansJeanswest blackberry super skinny jeans
ShoesNew Balance Coast women's running shoe in black 
Bracelets: the usual plus Cora purpleheart and mother of pearl watch c/o JORD
BagChloe periwinkle small Paraty


Why I wore it:

I really liked this outfit! I wanted to wear these purple jeans again - a fun pair I've already hit 30 wears with, but that were definitely overdue another wear! I like them with navy, and since I hadn't worn this navy v-neck tee with them before it seemed like and obvious choice. The white denim jacket lightened the outfit up a bit as well and gave me a little extra warmth.

I realised that morning I'd need to add a scarf to the planned outfit though! While the white denim jacket is more of a creamy white I think this white geo print scarf worked so well with the outfit, with the navy print and navy tassels against the navy tee. With the practical New Balance sneakers too it was a good outfit for a busy day, with the school drop off, helping in my son's classroom, and taking Cooper to the vet for a senior health check before school pickup and sports in the afternoon.

Even though the periwinkle blue Chloe Paraty doesn't match any of the navy shades in the outfit I think it compliments it well and this bag has been on heavy repeat lately! Big enough for the essentials, mine and my son's water bottles, and even a little snack for him.


Last worn: white denim jacket, navy v-neck tee, purple skinny jeans, New Balance sneakers, Chloe periwinkle Paraty bag. First time I've worn the scarf as it was a Christmas present.

Other ways to wearwhite denim jacket and maxi skirt, navy v-neck tee and olive shorts, purple skinny jeans worn 30 ways, Chloe periwinkle Paraty bag and sundress.

Perfect for pregnancypurple skinny jeans in the first trimester.


My Chloe Handbag Collection - Past & Present






What I wore:

Sass and bide playman chevron print skinny jeans double denim outfit with purple tee and pink scarf | awayfromtheblue

Chloe periwinkle small Paraty worn on shoulder | awayfromtheblue


Jacket: Jeanswest Kitty denim biker jacket
ScarfFashion Scarf Girl plain crinkle scarf in hot pink (c/o)
Tee: Spectrum basic v-neck tee in washed lilac
JeansSass & Bide Playman skinny jeans
ShoesNew Balance Coast women's running shoe in black 
BagChloe periwinkle small Paraty


Why I wore it:


Another double denim outfit, with my printed Sass and Bide Playman skinny jeans this time and a pale blue denim moto jacket. The lilac tee added the purple to this outfit, although just like the outfit above I'd realised in the morning I'd need to add a scarf too. 

I've mentioned before I struggle a bit wearing prints with these chevron print skinny jeans so I took a little extra time trying to find a nice scarf to wear with this. In the end I went for this fun hot pink textured one that I wrapped up around my neck like a snood to cover the v-neck of the tee and keep me cosy. I like pink and purple and blue together, so I ended up loving this last minute addition to combat the chill.

Again the New Balance sneakers for a day heavy on driving with multiple stops as we ran a few errands, and again stopping at the vets. My knee was definitely feeling it by the end of the day, especially after we had to go out again after school pick up to replace the clothes airer that had broken just as I'd been putting laundry on it to dry 😂


Last worn: moto denim jacket, textured pink scarf, lilac tee, Sass and Bide Playman chevron print skinny jeans, New Balance sneakers (above), Chloe periwinkle Paraty bag (above).

Other ways to wearmoto denim jacket and maxi dress, textured pink scarf and little black dress, lilac tee and shorts, Sass and Bide Playman chevron print skinny jeans with black, Chloe periwinkle Paraty bag and maxi dress.

Perfect for pregnancylilac tee in second trimester.



How You Can Wear It:

My golden rule for double denim is to keep the shades as different as possible - and colourful or printed jeans paired with a classic denim jacket is a good way to implement that!



Weekday Wear Linkup #126


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!


Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!


Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails





Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

68 comments:

  1. I really like the first outfit and the Chloe bag looks great with it - a nice pop of color. I'm sorry your knee is still giving you trouble, extra hard when you're a busy mom!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's better than it used to be, but sometimes I go too far - just gotta learn to live with it! :)

      Delete
  2. Wonderful photos! Nice look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both of these looks Mica! The first is so sophisticated with the scarf and bag and loving the fun jeans of the second. Thanks for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your purple skinny jeans. I have one but it is too tight for me to fit in now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are were a bit on the tight side, not a lot of stretch, which is probably why they hadn't been worn last year with lockdown and everything increasing my chocolate consumption, ha!

      Delete
  5. Those jeans look so good! And with such a perfect scarf with it, love the bag too! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both such great combos IMO, Mica:) I really love the double denim look esp if done properly, and you certainly did that! The Chloe Paraty is such an awesome bag to pair with these to boot.
    And the sneakers are definitely the way to go esp. if the knee is still bothering you....hope that goes away soon.
    Anyhoo, here's to a great week ahead:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally in love with that bag and blue leather jacket!!!
    Both outfits look very stylish and original, great job, Mica! :)
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That firs outfit says " mireille you need some purple jeans" lol! Love it especially with the cream jacket!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those printed jeans are pretty great - they're definitely a statement piece and you don't usually see that in jeans!

    Courtney ~ Sartorial Sidelines

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute, Mica! I love your purple jeans! And those chevron ones are so cool, too! Have a wonderful week!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving both of your scarves! Sending some warmth your way <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Always very beautiful and well dressed!
    It's cold, cloudy and rainy here too :(

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  13. The combination of purple/navy/white/periwinkle is terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such great looks, Mica. Love the layers, and especially the scarf on the first outfit!
    Hope you're having a good week!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the first outfit. Also that awesome you got 30 plus wear out of those purple pants. I barely wear my dark purple pants.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were such a staple for me as they go with so much, I really should get them back into the rotation!

      Delete
  16. Mica,

    Your golden rule about how to best wear double denim is spot on and your fabulous looks are perfect examples of how it can be done.

    Rena
    www.finewhateverblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do find it the easiest way to wear double denim :)

      Delete
  17. I just love the skinny jeans and even though I've been experimenting with other silhouettes, I enjoy wearing them!!
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skinny jeans just work best for me - I want pieces I'll continue to wear for years in my wardrobe so I haven't jumped on any of the other trendy styles yet, I think these will always be classics!

      Delete
  18. The bag with the purple pants is my favorite. Such a great combo!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look great.. Love those purple pants and your bag as well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really love that first outfit, Mica! The purple jeans are practically a neutral here, but it's your scarf that makes the look sing. Your lovely purse goes perfectly with the scarf, too.

    The chevron jeans remind me too much of leggings, if that makes any sense! I do love that bright pink scarf with it.

    How about we trade? You can have our 40+ degree weather, and we'll take your winter - deal? :)

    Thanks so much for the link-party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I get that - lots of people think they are leggings when I share them on the blog! Definitely no denying they are jeans in person - they have a cool zip detail up the back too that shows off more of the denim texture in person. I would be happy with the weather trade, haha!

      Delete
  21. Two great dressed up casual looks for busy days! You wear your scarves so beautifully in all on your outfits, and I love the printed denim skinnies! Hope you have a good week and thanks for the link up!

    ReplyDelete
  22. 2 great looks and loving the jeans in the second outfit :-D

    Can you believe, wait for it, we have had a few days of sunshine in Scotland haha probably be raining tomorrow though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Hope that the sun sticks around for you!

      Delete
  23. That first outfit is so fabulous! I love all of the different shades of blue with the shirt, purse, and scarf! It is such a beautiful look. And those chevron skinny jeans are just my favourite piece ever. They are so unique and look amazing on you. Glad you had comfortable shoes for such a busy day!
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Purple jeans are the best. I had a pair that wore out. I've been looking to replace them.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That bag goes with a lot. I love the shades of denim you've got going on!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love how a scarf and bag can instantly uplevel your outfit, and these two are great examples, Mica! I absolutely love the first outfit with your scarf and bag complementing each other. I cannot imagine wearing a scarf anytime soon--we are having a heat wave and record breaking temperatures this week, I cannot wait for it to cool back down. =)

    I hope you are having a great week so far!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  27. Me gusto el primer atuendo es elegante y cómodo. Te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  28. That first outfit is fabulous! One of my favorites from you! The colors are so pretty together!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love both outfits, Mica. The Sass and Bide skinny jeans are fabulous, I love what they do with the prints
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello Mica, I hope you're doing great!

    I see that you're adding more winter pieces to your look! Do you like the cold? I like that this season allows us to play with layers and proportions! Both proposals are really nice and I liked that you included not so typical pants in they! The purple jeans are amazing and they could look good even with a white t-shirt right?

    On the other side, that iconic Chloe bag adds the interesting touch to any outfit proposal!

    Pablo
    www.HeyFungi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like being able to layer but I'll always like the warm weather more, haha! :)

      Delete
  31. Both of these looks are so amazing Mica.
    https://chicchedimamma.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. You always look so cute in blue! I love the way you styled these looks, and you still have the best bag collection too :) Have a great week! XO

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  33. I suppose your Winter weather is nowhere near as cold as ours, judging from the fact that you are still wearing tees!
    My favourite is your first outfit. Those purple jeans are such a gorgeous colour, and your scarf and bag are a perfect match! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it warms up a bit during the day (even if not to normal temps) so we don't need thermals or anything, haha!

      Delete
  34. Hi Mica,
    I love your Chloe bag, it is beautiful and gives an extra value to the outfits! I like the first look most!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. Woah! Those chevron pants are awesome!

    Alexandra
    OnRockwoodLane.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love your collection, love the bag and jeans are looking so good!

    Lots of love: Mariann Yip
    https://www.mariannyc.com/july-2021-goals/

    ReplyDelete
  37. That bag really works with the purple! I love the sassy/edgy pants in the last outfit!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love how most of your outfits uses very harmonious colors, it's very unique especially with the patterns you pair with them, I especially love the first scarfs. It's been raining a lot where I live lol.

    love is zero

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh love the purple jeans and the Sass & Bide ones are so fun with such a unique pattern. And the bag is great of course really liking the pale blue gray color.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love the shade of purple in your jeans! The periwinkle bag is a great addition to this awesome look. Your chevron jeans are so cool, but I can see how it could be a bit of a challenge to style them. The neon pink scarf is a great color on you.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sticking with block colours seems to work best for them!

      Delete
  41. That bag makes any outfit look good, but I really like your first one, especially with the cool tones and that lighter jacket!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  42. how adorable do you look!? I love that scarf- it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love the addition of the lighter denim in the first look, it really makes the outfit!

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  44. I'm so in love with your purse.
    And you perfectly style it in the first look.
    And in the second look I love the combination of the blue jacket with your purse.
    xx
    Margot
    https://troughthepasturesofthesky.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Doing double denim with colored denim and printed denim is such a fresh take on double denim styling. And your pastel Chloe bag is so pretty with both looks!

    ReplyDelete
  46. I love how cosy and warm these outfits look! Have a nice day :)

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  47. I love those purple skinny jeans! I tend to wear lots of scarves during our fall/winter season too.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Your blue jacket is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love the scarf from your first outfit and those purple jeans look great on you! Your bag goes really well with both the outfits.
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. I like these purple jeans a lot. A few years ago I had a similar pair too and they were much more versatile than I thought, which was really great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Yes they go with so much, I need to wear them more often!

      Delete
  51. I love classic denim jackets and I wear them with different colored bottoms as well.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hope it's not too cold there, but you look good in your jeans. Have a fun weekend Mica. x

    ReplyDelete
  53. It's good to still see someone wearing skinny jeans. I keep hearing they are on their way out, and I don't want them to go out of style because I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Skinny jeans just work best for me - I want pieces I'll continue to wear for years in my wardrobe so I haven't jumped on any of the other trendy styles yet, I think these will always be classics!

      Delete
  54. Thanks all for your lovely comments - and for joining the link up! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...