Thursday 10 June 2021

Double Denim Outfits And Rebecca Minkoff Darren Messenger

With the cooler winter weather starting to arrive a couple weeks early at the end of May in Brisbane, I layered up a little in double denim. Kept it to two very different shades of denim in both these outfits, and added a little colour and prints.


What I wore:

double denim winter outfit blue jacket grey skinnies Adidas Superstar and pastel accessories | awayfromblue

grey skinny jeans with pink Rebecca Minkoff small Darren messenger bag in peony | away from blue

blue denim jacket with black and white stripe tank colourful accessories awayfromblue Instagram

Jacket: Jeanswest Kitty denim biker jacket
Earrings: Colette Sangria sunset disc stud tassel earrings
Necklace: Kmart silver long circle pendant necklace
TankAtmos & Here Oregon stripe tank
Jeans: Jeanswest Cecile dove grey skinny jeans
Shoesthrifted Adidas Superstar sneakers
BagRebecca Minkoff small Darren messenger bag in peony (more affordable preowned!)


Why I wore it:

This was a really cold day so layers were needed for my son's sports tournament. It meant sitting inside a big hall for a few hours in the cold, and so I wore both jeans and a denim jacket to keep me warm. I considered adding a scarf to this, but in the end went with the pastel pink bag and neon earrings to add a bit of colour instead. Early in the morning I'd wished I'd gone for the scarf for extra warmth though!

These grey skinny jeans are a wardrobe staple! Like the tank, I've worn them over 30 times and they go with everything. I thought the blue denim jacket would be a nice compliment and added a bit of lightness to the otherwise monochrome outfit with the grey skinnies and black and white striped tank. The Adidas Superstar seemed like a fun choice to match the stripes on the tank. And although the pastel pink Rebecca Minkoff Darren bag doesn't really go with the neon orange tassel earrings I thought they were far enough apart that they worked and they both added some more cheer to this outfit, as well as the earrings ensuring my son wouldn't miss me in the crowd of spectators!


Last worn: orange tassel earrings, moto denim jacket, black and white striped tank, silver circle necklace, grey skinny jeans, Adidas Superstar, Rebecca Minkoff Darren messenger bag.

Other ways to wearmoto denim jacket and maxi dress, black and white striped tank worn 30 ways, grey skinny jeans worn 30 ways, Adidas Superstar and sundress, Rebecca Minkoff Darren messenger bag and shorts.



Rebecca Minkoff Small Darren Messenger Review:






What I wore:

double denim outfit with Sass Bide chevron print playman skinny jeans white jacket and turquoise tank | awayfromblue

black jeans with Rebecca Minkoff small Darren messenger bag in peony | awayfromtheblue


Earrings: Kmart navy tassel earrings
JacketCotton On girlfriend denim jacket in whitehaven
Necklace: navy and silver circle pendant tassel necklace
Tank: Jeanswest Maya gather back tank in mid turquoise
JeansSass & Bide Playman skinny jeans
ShoesNew Balance Coast women's running shoe in black 
BagRebecca Minkoff small Darren messenger bag in peony (more affordable preowned!)


Why I wore it:

Another opportunity to wear this new white denim jacket I got for mothers day! I decided it would be a nice pairing with the chevron print skinny jeans and help keep me warm on a cold morning that looked like it would be another cold day. It did end up warming up a bit, but I still kept my jacket on all day.

Just a quiet day with the school run, some errands with the little one, and of course more sports in the evening! Last time I wore these Sass & Bide chevron print skinny jeans I mentioned they look best with block colour tops - this turquoise tank was the perfect pairing. I liked the turquoise with the white denim of the jacket too, and I thought the blush pink bag was a nice complimenting accessory. I do like blue and pink together in any range of shades!

The navy tassel earrings and navy tassel necklace were a bit of matchy-matchy to make me happy, as I always enjoy a matchy-matchy outfit.


Last worn: white denim jacket, navy tassel earrings, navy tassel necklace, turquoise tank, chevron print skinny jeans, New Balance sneakers, Rebecca Minkoff small Darren messenger (see above).

Other ways to wearwhite denim jacket and maxi skirt, turquoise tank and pencil skirt, chevron print skinny jeans and cobalt knit, Rebecca Minkoff small Darren messenger and pencil skirt.



How You Can Wear It:

Double denim always works if you keep the shades different, or do as I have here and wear neutral black or grey jeans with completely different coloured denim jackets on top.



 

Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

63 comments:

  1. Great looks. Loving the trousers in the second outfit :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love how you play with colour. Those earrings are just SO stunning! Not to mention really fun! I also really love that turquoise top. That is a really beautiful colour on you.
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love the cut of that first jacket, such a great shade too! I need to start wearing my couple denim jackets again...
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool bag and matching ear rings. I like your denim jackets esp the white one. I can't imagine sitting in a cold hall, hope winter isn't too cold this year. Keep Warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The things we do to support our kids as they compete, haha! I will definitely need to bring a scarf next time, as it's gotten colder!

      Delete
  5. Two fabulous outfits Mica. Love the denim jackets!
    I've had my eyes on the Adidas Superstar sneakers but always decided on other shoes. But I'm really loving how these look on your first outfit!

    Summer weather has arrived here in the Midwest US, much too hot really for early June!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I've admired them but couldn't justify getting them at full price - I'm so lucky to have found these thrifting, and I wish I'd splurged sooner, they are very comfortable!

      Delete
  6. That is such a cute bag! I love the colour

    Candice x

    theblogsocial.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both of these double denim outfits! The chevron jeans are amazing and you’ve styled them beautifully.

    Michelle
    https://mybijoulifeonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wearing a tank with just a denim jacket on top is quite an inconceivable concept for us in Northern Europe! Anyway, my favourite of your outfits - even though I'm a big fan of your chevron print jeans - is the first one. I love how you enhanced your monochromatic outfit with the blue denim jacket, pastel pink bag and those amazing neon orange tassel earrings! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. yes we are lucky even in winter we don't need to layer too much! :)

      Delete
  9. Prefect outfits for a busy days of running around.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the blush pink colour of your crossbody bag! I have been meaning to get a softer coloured bag for the warmer months of they year and yet somehow seem still to be purchasing brown/black bags haha. You look lovely!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. A pastel pink bag like this goes with so much, but I agree brown is a great neutral for a bag! :)

      Delete
  11. Loving your layers! Those neon earrings are the cutest pop of color in your first outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pink bag is the perfect complement for these outfits, Mica - and I actually didn't realize the earrings in the first outfit were neon orange! They go really well with the pink and the light blue jacket. Your white jacket is going to be an item that hits 30 wears quickly, I think!

    How are you feeling about the trend away from skinny jeans these days? Would you try wide-legged pants? Just curious, as you've worn skinnies since I've known you (at least 10 years). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I love my skinnies - I wear them 99% of the time, I prefer them over my straight legged jeans. Wider leg ones are trickier for me to pull off being petite I think, but skinnies are a staple that always work, they are my go-to!

      Delete
  13. You say you like blue and pink together. Nothing new under the sun; it starts with the kids: blue for boys, pink for girls.Together it makes a lovely matching of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That double denim look is so great, especially with two different colors of denim. I just got a pair of dark/gray denim and I should give it a try!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Glad I could inspire you to give it a try :)

      Delete
  15. The double denim is really cute Mica. Love seeing it...looks so cool and classy at the same time.
    Hope you're doing great!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Genial cartera. te mando un beso

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an awesome double denim outfit, Mica!
    The messenger bag looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Mica, I hope you're doing good!

    I love both options but I'd say the first one is my favorite! How's fall-winter season in Australia? Maybe not as cold as here but you obvously need some good jackets that can help you to survive the chill afternoons :)

    I loved the double denim combo, specially because you added a punch of color with the pastel bag!

    Have a lovely weekend!
    Pablo
    www.HeyFungi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. We are lucky it doesn't get too cold but I will have to pile on the layers when it gets colder, haha!

      Delete
  19. The bag seems to change color slightly in every picture, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really hard colour to capture - it's so pretty! I think not having the perfect camera settings each time makes it harder to capture too, haha!

      Delete
  20. Love the double denim! The pink bag is a beautiful pop of color to these looks.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the double denim! The pink bag is a beautiful pop of color to these looks.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love both of those outfits on you Mica. I love how comfy leggings are and the crossbody handbag is great for day or evening.
    Thanks for the blog visit and enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks - these are jeans, too cold for leggings in winter!

      Delete
  23. Such a beautiful outfits. I like shade of that bag and you look amazing.

    www.exclusivebeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. The handbag is really nice.
    I like your (striped) pants.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful outfits. The jeans you wore than 30 times are fantastic. I also love your striped jeans. You always look so fresh Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  26. It's funny because I never really think of double denim except when it's blue and blue, or white and white...you get what I mean?? I guess it shows that color is such a huge factor for me.
    And I love a white denim jacket...I feel like I wear that even more than my blue denim one.
    XOOX
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. I find I don't feel comfortable in those matchy-matchy double denim outfits, despite loving matchy matchy in other outfits, haha! Different shades work better for me :)

      Delete
  27. Gray skinny jeans are versatile but chevron ones are so fun! Thanks for stopping by and I'm so glad to see your bright and creative outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Both of these looks are super cute. I love the grey skinnies and the denim jackets are both so stylish! You look comfy and pulled together for your busy days!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love the white denim jacket, and how sweet that it was a Mother's Day gift! Someone has good taste :) Hope you guys have a great weekend!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Haha yes my boys are good at picking up on hints ;)

      Delete
  30. Such a stunning look sweetie!

    Danielle | thereluctantblogger.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  31. Just stopping by to wish you a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  32. The pink purse and pink dangling earrings are so cute. Dangling earrings are me and my daughters favorite to wear. You always change and accessorize your outfits so nicely. You look great.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very nice pink bag. Have a nice day 😊

    ReplyDelete
  34. It sounds so strange that we're having a heatwave and you're cold haha! I love the double denim on you!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Reversal of our usual weather patterns for us, haha!

      Delete
  35. I always love denim and stripes together!
    have a great week,
    S

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh I am all about head to toe denim. And this Darren bag from RM is so pretty love the pale pink color and the tassels. There is an over-sized quilted bag with chain strap from her that I soooooo want!

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Yes! I love the edie - I have it in the small as I think the large would be too overwhelming being petite but I do really love the style on others!

      Delete
  37. I like all things that you choose. Great post!   

    ReplyDelete
  38. They are both beautiful casual looks Cris

    http://www.photosbycris.com.au/?p=14691

    ReplyDelete
  39. I am totally digging both the jeans in this post, Mica! They look so fab and I love how you styled them....great accessories as always. That peony RM bag is such a great find for sure:)
    Hope you had an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  40. That bag is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Mica,

    I like your spin in styling up double denim.

    Rena
    www.finewhateverblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love your denim jackets, especially the double denim one. How cute is your pink purse and those tassel earrings are brilliant!
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love the color of your bag. It is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Great styling tips Mica. You are looking amazing. I love the color of your bag. Have a great week my dear. :-)

    Via | https://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete

  45. Thanks all for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...