Monday 23 March 2020

3 Navy Tees And Bright Jeans Outfits With Balenciaga Bags: Weekday Wear Link Up

Trying to keep life as normal as possible, we still have the Weekday Wear Link up this week! I won't post again until Friday though, I'm skipping Wednesday's post.

Recently I took advantage of some of the cooler, slightly more autumn like weather in Brisbane to wear some of my colourful skinny jeans. Jeans are a mum staple and while I'm trying to stay away from the blue jeans rut I do love a bright pair of jeans to mix it up a little! Bright jeans are perfect for spring, or a little extra colour on a wet autumn day when you're on a training course which is when I wore these.

What I wore:

jacquard jacket with navy tank purple bag and magenta skinny jeans colourful autumn outfit | awayfromblue

balenciaga purple work bag with g21 silver hardware magenta skinny jeans | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | magenta skinny jeans outfit with navy tank jacquard jacket and purple Balenciaga work bag
Jacket: Jeanswest Cassandra jacquard jacket
Necklace: thrifted Equip turquoise cream multi strand bead necklace
Tank: MEV Britney bubble tank in mood indigo (c/o)
JeansSass & Bide The Winning Day Lovestate Jeans in magenta (new purchase)
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats
BagBalenciaga raisin purple 2009 giant silver G21 hardware work bag

Why I wore it:

When I saw these magenta jeans I knew I'd be wearing them with all the blue in my wardrobe! I have a magenta bag I love so it was a no brainier when I saw these jeans on eBay. Already a bargain price, I ended up getting them for free. I tried to sum up the very long story in my shopping haul post.

Although the magenta jeans are pretty bright the neutral cream and metallic jacquard jacket balanced them out nicely I thought, and so I added more colour with other accessories. I really like pink and purple and blue together so this big purple Balenciaga work bag was an obvious choice, and I added the turquoise beaded statement necklace for something a little different.

This necklace has had a bit of a history, with it falling apart when my son grabbed onto it at dinner one day. I've repaired it and it was hanging together okay, but when trying to grab my umbrella out my bag and unwrap it the hook got caught on the necklace and there was no coming back from that! It was $3 at the opshop and I did get 4 wears from it so not too bad, but still disappointing!


Last worn: jacquard blazer, turquoise beaded necklace, navy tank, purple Balenciaga work bag, silver ballet flats. It's the first time I've worn the jeans on the blog as they are a recent purchase.

Other ways to wearjacquard blazer and little black dress, navy tank and shorts, purple Balenciaga work bag worn 30 ways, silver ballet flats and floral dress.

Perfect for pregnancyjacquard blazer in third trimester, navy tank in second trimestersilver ballet flats in third trimester.





What I wore:

black blazer and shoes with burgundy jeans and navy tee outfit teal balenciaga first bag | away from blue

Roie Designs bracelet stack with Balenciaga first bag in 2006 Blue India | away from the blue

Jacketthrifted Zara black blazer
Necklace: thrifted cream and navy statement flat bead necklace
TeeAtmos & Here Avery marle tee in navy
Jeans:  Jeanswest Harper skinny pant in Russet
ShoesWalnut Melbourne 'Ava' black lizard ballet flats
Bracelets: the usual plus Roie Designs howlite and hematite beaded bracelets
BagBalenciaga first bag in 2006 Blue India

Why I wore it:

Another classic go to of mine - red and blue! I thought this navy tee was a good choice with these burgundy jeans. I bought these jeans back at the start of the year when Jeanswest was possibly closing down and I had to get myself a pair of their perfectly fitting jeans, in case it was my last pair! Thankfully the chain is staying around, although they have closed a lot of stores. I was pleased to give these jeans another wear with the cooler weather.

Again I added a bright Balenciaga bag for a little extra colour. With the black blazer and ballet flats I thought the turquoise Balenciaga first bag was a fun pop of colour, and it works so well with the navy and burgundy.


Last worn: Zara blazer, navy statement necklace, navy marle tee, burgundy skinny jeans, black ballet flats, Balenciaga blue India first bag.

Other ways to wearZara blazer and skirt, navy marle tee over a maxi dress, burgundy skinny jeans and kimono, black ballet flats and midi dress, Balenciaga blue India first bag and pencil skirt.

Perfect for pregnancyZara blazer in third trimester, black ballet flats in second trimester.








What I wore:

basic navy tee with bright green skinny jeans outfit boucle blazer and Balenciaga day bag | awayfromblue

Balenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete | awayfromtheblue

Jacket: Jeanswest Dixie collarless jacket
Necklace: thrifted black and grey floral crystal statement necklace
Tee: Jeanswest Ruby frill sleeve Ric Rac detailed tee in deep iris
Jeans: thrifted ASOS petite green skinny jeans
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats
Bracelets: the usual plus Edenborough Evans 'Ivy' silver cuff
BagBalenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete

Why I wore it:

Blue and green is a combination I've only recently been trying, as I've slowly been adding green to my wardrobe over the past few years. These thrifted green jeans are getting a lot more wear than I expected, this is their 18th wear and I've only owned them 19th months. Since I don't wear jeans over summer that's a pretty good repeat rate!

Again I dressed up the casual jeans and tee outfit a bit with a statement necklace (this crystal one always gets compliments) and a boucle blazer. I thought the silver ballet flats worked well with the crystal in the necklace and the silver hardware on the Balenciaga day bag.


Last worn: boucle blazer, crystal statement necklace, navy tee, green skinny jeans, silver ballet flats (above), Balenciaga tempete day bag.

Other ways to wearboucle blazer and pencil skirt, navy tee and printed shorts, green skinny jeans layered up with scarf and cardigan, silver ballet flats and printed jeans, Balenciaga tempete day bag and wrap dress.

Perfect for pregnancyboucle blazer in second trimester, silver ballet flats in second trimester, Balenciaga tempete day bag in third trimester.



Bright Jeans Under $50:





How You Can Wear It:

Jeans and a tee is a staple that can easily be dressed up with a blazer. Instead of sticking with classic blue denim, you can try a bright pair of jeans to add even more interest and bring more colour to your day.




Weekday Wear Linkup #63


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!



Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails



Linking up with Confident Twosday, Turning Heads, Style on The Daily, Style Six, Fashion Files, Chic and Stylish, Fancy Friday.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

87 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful collection of colored jeans!!! Lovely ideas Mica, hope you are well!! x

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cool colors of all this denim! The red pair with the blazer is such a chic work look. Thanks so much for the link up and stay safe!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mica, I love all of these colored jeans and your color combinations are all so fun! The green pants are my absolute favorite. Just an FYI, I have been unable to add links on any parties that use “Linky Tools”. I think it is something on my computer that is blocking it but I can’t figure out how to fix it. Once I do, I will start adding posts to link parties again.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your colored denim! The magenta and navy is my favorite! Stay safe!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  5. Three really great looks for the office! The navy and burgundy look really caught me eye. I enjoyed seeing the way you styled your neutral jackets. They made me realize I should style mine with bolder colors in the future, as I usually go with neutrals. Hope you have a great week, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are good layers to add to a colourful outfit!

      Delete
  6. You are fabulous at layering outfits to perfection. I ADORE that jacket in the first look. It is so chic and elegant - and really pulls everything together perfectly. I hope you are continuing to do well. Thank you for your fashion posts! They always make me smile but especially now that the world is so upside down. I hope you know that I really appreciate everything you do. <3
    the creation of beauty is art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like still reading blogs and having blogging as part of my regular routine!

      Delete
  7. You always wear the prettiest colors, loving those green pants <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really cute outfits. I love colored denim, it seems like sometimes it is hart to find. Too bad on your necklace--I know it's hard to wear them with little ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was really popular a few years back, not as easy to find now!

      Delete
  9. Love the colour combos in both outfits, Mica:) Both the coloured jeans looks so great paired with those tops and bags!!!!
    PS I sooooo need magenta jeans! Thanks for the inspo:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are the best! i am looking forward to wearing them in winter!

      Delete
  10. I'm loving your colorful jeans and these outfits are all so nicely put together. You found the perfect tops for each one of these jeans!
    Thank you for continuing with the monday linkups!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep running them as much as possible! :)

      Delete
  11. I love the magenta jeans!!!! They are so amazing and bright and remind me of happier times. Hahaha. I am glad you are still showing up, giving us some normalcy in our crazy time. Stay safe and healthy.

    bosbodaciousblog.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely love the coloured denim they make everyday a little brighter. The russet one is my favorite, perfect for work and school.

    Hope you are doing well during these hard times, Mica.
    Thank you for sharing these cute outfits.

    Loren | plaidandsugar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the pink pants, so cute! I love your outfit posts x

    Laura
    https://www.beautywithlala.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous collection of outfits! I love the pink and purple combo of the first one! Hope you are well <3

    Lizzie
    www.lizzieinlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look great. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all of these bags! Such great colors. And you can never go wrong with jeans and a tee!
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello
    I also love bright jeans in the spring or fall.
    And they are great to take to work. I especially liked seeing you in the green jeans. As always your bags are always a must in your outfits.
    Thanks for the invitation to the link up, I love to join the group.
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I adore coloured jeans, and these are three great outfits to highlight them. Sorry to hear that your necklace broke - again! That really is one of the nice things about op-shop purchases - you don't feel too bad if they break/tear/wear out quickly.

    Stay safe, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm glad I hadn't paid full price for this at least! :)

      Delete
  19. Love all your brightly colors jeans!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look so cute!
    xx- Nina
    http://www.stylingwithnina.com/2020/03/hello-happy-spring.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great funds, Mica. I am a fan of sass&bide but their clothes can be quite pricey. Love the bright colours of your jeans, a pop of colour on a grey autumn day is what we need. Have a great week and stay safe
    https://lookingfabulousat50.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get some great Sass and Bide bargains on ebay though! :)

      Delete
  22. Love your pink jeans and of course all of your Balenciaga bags...stay healthy and safe!
    Debbie
    www.fashionfairydust.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I always love your throwback Balenciaga bags! Hope you are staying healthy and safe!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are the best! I'm pleased they are lasting so long!

      Delete
  24. I'm trying to keep things normal as possible as well. Love you first outfit. Have a great week.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Got to do what we can, especially to make things normal for the kids!

      Delete
  25. These are all such pretty outfits, Mica, I am loving the bright colors!

    I hope you have a fabulous week!

    Amber

    Visit AvecAmber.com

    Follow Avec Amber on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love all your colored denim! You have such a fun collection :)

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just love the color combinations you used here Mica. It's nice to see other colors other than just blue jeans or black.
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I especially love your magenta pants! I have a similar pair I love to pull out in spring! You have such fabulous colorful pants collection!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love that you are so open with the colors you choose, I am more of white, black and gray, I think I should take note. Great job

    https://www.lavieenrosechic.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! i'm trying to be more colourful with my outfits! :)

      Delete
  30. That green jeans is such a good color! Love it! Stay safe my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Your collection of colourful jeans is really amazing and I agree that magenta goes perfect with navy blue! You inspired me to wear my magenta denims very soon :) Love also the other looks you show here with colourful jeans and I hope you are still well and safe.
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. so lovely combos mix outfits- I like the way you mixed the color together - especially in set number 2 :-)
    Take care dear and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love how the colored jeans really brighten up these looks! I used to have a lot of colored denim in my closet but now I don't have any--you are making me want to add that back in!! I hope you have a great week Mica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a fun alternative to blue jeans! :)

      Delete
  34. The size of your Balenciaga bags is so convenient for carrying around daily essentials and a few extras! I hope you and your family are keeping safe and healthy babe :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh dear! I'm not sure if my last comment went through. I love the size of your Balenciaga bags; perfect for daily essentials plus a few extras! I hope you and your family are having a lovely and healthy week :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  36. I loved the three colors of pants.
    The combination was really cool! :)

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  37. Looking beautiful as per always, I loved these looks. I also remember having one pair years ago and it was yellow, it was fun to style it with plus a fun way to brighten up my mood. Now, I'm more into neutral colors so want to add a few onto my collection as well! :)

    Stay safe and take care!
    XO, Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely want a pair of yellow jeans in my wardrobe!

      Delete
  38. I love a bright bag! Just cheers up any look!

    Hope you guys are staying safe + well!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  39. If I wear jeans at all, it is a coloured pair, and I currently own a green and red pair. I really your magenta pair, what a gorgeous colour it is, and it really does work very well with the navy tee. I think that outfit is my favourite of the three! Trying to keep life as normal as possible is the only thing we can do for our sanity! Do take care and stay safe, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  40. Recently, I purchased quite a few pairs of colored jeans so I could change things up, and though I do love my blue jeans, it's so much fun adding the color in your pants, or even just coordinating with them.

    Alexandra
    EyeLoveKnots.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's fun to have something a bit different!

      Delete
  41. Nice blazer and perfect bags!!
    Greetings.


    ReplyDelete
  42. The colored jeans look beautiful! It's a perfect way to add some color to an outfit. I really love the burgundy and blue together in the second outfit. I hope you and your family are doing well, and stay safe! x

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love you colored jeans so much! I really need to add a few pairs to my wardrobe. What a fabulous way to brighten up an outfit. I'm sorry to hear about the first necklace in this post - what a bummer! Your next two necklaces are absolutely stunning as well, though!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I'm trying to keep things as normal as possible as well and get dressed some days not just leggings! I love all your outfits! xo, Biana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to get dressed sometimes too, but embracing the pyjama . loungewear days when needed (which is often!)

      Delete
  45. I love the look on you and the red and blue are also a favorite combination of mine too. Now I miss my baby blue jeans...

    ReplyDelete
  46. Replies
    1. Up at the top of the blog I have a page for my handbag collection! :)

      Delete
  47. You looks really lovely :**Regards!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. You always have such fun color combinations in your outfits! I hope you're staying safe and healthy!

    District of Chic

    ReplyDelete
  49. The first bag has fantastic colours :)

    ReplyDelete
  50. Wow I never knew there were so many different ways to style the color navy! I love the pairing with the burgandy jeans. These are gorgeous outfits!

    Jill
    https://jilliancecilia.com/

    ReplyDelete
  51. Oh yes mixing it up with jeans in bright colors really helps to break the blue jean rut. I love all of these looks and the mixing and matching of colors. And I too have done that with a necklace! That poor necklace seemed to have its fate sealed. And WOW what you mentioned on my blog. That is the difference with this virus. If someone had the flue and went to a dinner party they would not have infected every single person.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is scary seeing how quickly this virus is spreading in some places! Stay safe!

      Delete
  52. Colored denim is definitely a great way to add lots of brights and stay out of blue jean ruts! Love the bright pink. Sorry your necklace didn't make it!
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  53. I love that last look!!! Such a good colour combo with the cardigan & green pants. Wish I could say that I'm getting dressed everyday, but it's been a half pj's & half loungewear :')

    brineandbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep lots of pyjamas and loungewear here too! I'm all for comfort as we try get used to this new normal!

      Delete
  54. Oooh I love how you sported your navy tees. Your Balenciaga bags are adorable. I love that you have different colored bags to mix and match with your different outfit. This is goals right here! I like that navy is easy to pair with other colors, including dark red! Thanks for sharing!

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm trying to be more colourful with my outfits! :)

      Delete
  55. You have a great blazer collection! That second one looks almost cozy, while also being polished and put-together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! It's a jersey blazer, I think you call them knit blazers in the US? So comfy!

      Delete
  56. All of these outfits are so pretty! I really love the very first jacket, it looks beautiful and comfy!

    Make Life Marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  57. I only have one pair of colored jeans in olive. I like the different colors you chose and the contrasting bag of course. Lovely!
    Hope you are doing well!
    jess xx
    thanks for linking!
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
  58. These are all cute on you dear, especially the first one. Such a chic pants.

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  59. I almost hate to admit this publicly but I don't think I have a navy tee. Need to rectify that immediately. Love the navy and blue. Reminds me of sorority days in college.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Navy is a colour I have a lot of in my wardrobe! :)

      Delete
  60. Thanks all for your lovely comments, and for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...