Friday 25 October 2019

Kmart Floral Dresses For Spring With Rebecca Minkoff MAB Camera Bag

Like every other Aussie mum, I can't resist a Kmart bargain! While the Rebecca Minkoff MAB camera bag I'm wearing in these outfits is more of a splurge, I picked up the first floral dress on sale for just $12 and you're sure to recognise the second floral maxi dress as an old favourite - even full price it was just $25! These floral dresses are so perfect for our spring weather in Brisbane.

What I wore:

Kmart teal floral print midi dress with mustard tassel earrings and tan MAB camera bag and ankle boots spring church outfit | awayfromblue

Kmart teal floral print midi dress with Rebecca Minkoff MAB Camera Bag in almond | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | Kmart teal floral midi dress with tan accessories spring church outfit
Earrings: Kmart mustard gold tassel earrings (new purchase)
Dress: Kmart teal floral print midi dress
ShoesAtmos&Here tan Lola leather ankle boots
BagRebecca Minkoff MAB Camera Bag in almond

Why I wore it:

While I've shared this on the blog before, this was the first time I wore this beautiful floral mid dress. I decided to wear it with the new earrings I picked up in the Kmart clearance too, I liked the way the mustard looked with the teal of the dress! I kept the rest of the accessories neutral with my matchy-matchy tan ankle boots and Rebecca Minkoff MAB camera bag. I loved how comfortable this dress was to wear, such a nice option to attend church.

I did hesitate buying this dress for a second because of the long sleeves - wasn't sure if I'd get much wear out of it this year with Brisbane having such a hot start to Spring so far! I do like wearing long sleeved dresses in summer for the extra sun protection though and this didn't feel too hot at all, was such a nice dress to wear on a warm spring day.


Last worn: teal floral midi dress, tan ankle boots, Rebecca Minkoff MAB camera bag. First time I've worn the mustard tassel earrings as they are a recent purchase.

Other ways to wearteal floral midi dress in the office, tan ankle boots and jeans, Rebecca Minkoff MAB camera bag and denim shorts.


What's In My Bag: Rebecca Minkoff MAB Camera Bag










What I wore:

Kmart Tropicana sleeveless tiered maxi dress with Jeanswest denim moto jacket statement necklace tan bag | away from blue

Rebecca Minkoff MAB Camera Bag in almond with Kmart Tropicana sleeveless tiered maxi dress | away from the blue

awayfromtheblue Instagram | Kmart Tropicana sleeveless tiered maxi dress with denim moto jacket statement necklace night out dinner otufit
JacketJeanswest Kitty denim biker jacket
Necklace: thrifted Equip turquoise cream multi strand bead necklace
Dress: Kmart Tropicana sleeveless tiered maxi dress
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs metallic mouse flats
BagRebecca Minkoff MAB Camera Bag in almond

Why I wore it:

This Kmart tiered tropical floral print maxi dress is an old favourite - an impulse buy a few years ago after seeing a bunch of Aussie Instagrammers wearing it, it's one I keep reaching for in my wardrobe. I'm surprised I haven't hit 30 wears with it yet! (This is wear number 16.) I've worn it with denim jackets before, as it's a spaghetti strap dress it's nice to have a little extra cover on a colder spring day with a jacket.

I wore this out for a celebratory dinner, we sold our old house, yey! We've been in this house we built for a few months but it took a little time to get our old place ready to sell and then listed and sold. A little sad, it was the house we bought just before our wedding and we moved in as husband and wife so lots of memories there - we lived there 10 years! But it was much too small as our family grew.

As it was predicted to rain and a little cooler, the denim moto jacket was an easy option with this dress, and I wore the gold mouse flats to keep my feet warm and dry on the walk from the car to the restaurant. With all the bold colour in the maxi dress, the neutral gold flats were an obvious choice.

I really liked the thrifted turquoise necklace with the coral dress, and it matched the colours in the print nicely. Unfortunately, while cuddling my son as we waited for dinner, he got a bit antsy and grabbed my necklace, and pulled. One of the strings snapped, showering beads everywhere! I managed to grab the string without having too many beads fly and tried to kind of repair it a little...a reminder that I need to pick more kid friendly, less delicate necklaces when I'm out with the boys! I'm glad the necklace will live on for another wear too, as long as my hastily tied knot holds, ha!


Last worn: denim moto jacketturquoise beaded necklace, Kmart tropical coral maxi dress, gold mouse flats, Rebecca Minkoff MAB Camera bag (above).

Other ways to weardenim moto jacket and shift dressturquoise beaded necklace in the office, Kmart tropical coral maxi dress and kimono, gold mouse flats and pencil skirt, Rebecca Minkoff MAB Camera bag and printed shorts.

Perfect for pregnancygold mouse flats in third trimester.



Floral Dresses Under $50:



How You Can Wear It:

A bright floral dress is an obvious choice for spring, it's the perfect season for head to toe florals! You can keep things simple and let the dress be the star when paired with neutral accessories like the MAB camera bag, or add just a little extra colour with accessories like earrings in the first outfit or a statement necklace in the second outfit. Just remember to factor in grabby toddler hands if you're a mum, to prevent necklace destruction!

Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

62 comments:

  1. I have a thing for maxi dresses and I love yours!!!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bright florals! We don't have kmart anymore here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame the American Kmart was so different from the Australian one!

      Delete
  3. First of all, congrats on selling the house, Mica!! And good save on the necklace:D Both Kmart dresses look so fab on you. I'm so jealous that, first of all, you guys still have Kmart, and also the fact that your Kmart is totally different than what we had here in Canada.
    That MAB bag is such a great size btw and goes well with everything.
    Anyhoo, have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emmy! We are pleased it sold :) And yes it's a shame your Kmart wasn't like ours!

      Delete
  4. A neutral crossbody is a must for me, and you picked a great one! Looking lovely in your spring florals, Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, you can never resist great deals like that! Its like when we go to Target in America, haha (Kmart isn't as good here)
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The opposite is true here, ha! Target does have some bargains in the sales, but most of the deals are at Kmart! :)

      Delete
  6. Both are such beautiful dresses and such great prices too!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, these dresses are such bargains Mica! And they're so pretty! Both are really easy to dress up and down too which is always a bonus.

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bright colored floral dresses are always beautiful. I love them a lot. Both your dresses are very pretty and also love the way you have styled with those boots and your stylish bag. Even I hesitate purchasing a full sleeve tops or dresses as it is hot here in Philippines but you are right it does not feel that hot. :-) Lovely post Mica.

    Via | http://glossnglitters.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A nice light fabric helps too! I just like to be really safe in the sun so I like longer sleeves when it's a very sunny day!

      Delete
  9. Lovely print! <3

    Anastasia from
    https://www.anastasiaburmistrova.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I find it so interesting about your Kmart purchases. Our Kmarts here have mostly (all?) gone out of business-- it is so interesting that you still have them over there!!
    Liberty @ B4andAfters.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame your Kmart wasn't more like ours! :)

      Delete
  11. love both of the dress on you! the prints are also so nice!

    Capturing Life Memoirs | Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  12. HUGE Congrats on selling your home, that's great news.
    Really love your bag it's so perfect and I love floral dresses.
    Thanks for sharing beauty and hope life is treating you well Mica?
    Laura xo
    www.shehearts.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have the same version on this jacket and I love it! The color really works well for any season. I get so much use out of it! Hope you have the best weekend!!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely dresses especially the first one! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You definitely know how to rock a floral print! I especially love that first outfit. You look absolutely breathtaking.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. The size of this camera bag is ideal for the everyday essentials, plus perhaps a little bit more. Happy to see lovely weather over there for you - I hope you're enjoying it! :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving these dresses and how you styled them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the floral dresses on you!! They are gorgeous, and the bag looks great too!

    https://www.makelifemarvelous.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on selling your house! I love the tip of matching the colour of your accessories to colours in your outfit like you did with the thrift necklace and your floral dress. It looks really pretty and cohesive, great looks. I love floral dresses, I can't get enough of them xxx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love floral dresses and really loved your outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations on selling your old house, Mica. These things always have a bittersweet tinge, don't they. It might just be a house, but it holds so many memories. It's lovely to see you wearing your floral dresses. While they are both gorgeous, I'm having a slight preference for the first long-sleeved one, which I fell in love with the first time you showed it on the blog! Enjoy the rest of your weekend, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was sad to see it go as it did have a lot of memories, but we love our new place so much! :)

      Delete
  22. The bag is so pretty!! I think I'd like it in the navy blue colour myself xx

    brineandbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love long sleeved dresses, but I guess in England we don't have the same heat problem! It was a bargain at $12 x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. You look so beautiful in these floral dresses, lovely shades and my favourite is the blue one. You look absolutely stunning.

    Thanks so much for sharing Mica! How are things with you and are you well?

    Do update me :) Always so great to hear from you!

    Laura xo
    www.shehearts.net

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love both the dresses. Looking nice with the bag and the shoes.

    Even though the house wasn't your anymore, the memories from the house are still yours :)

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, we have a lot of happy memories from there!

      Delete
  26. Cute floral dresses you have here dear, especially the first one. Love blue, really cool and comforting color.
    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I enjoy to see your beautiful spring dresses while it's autumn in Europe... I love the teal flowery dress and that your shoes and bag fit perfectly together! Very nice look!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hurrah for Kmart! I've been wearing a lot of Kmart floral pieces myself!

    www.jeannieinabottleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi dear, you looks absolutely beautiful with all the floral dresses. But I have to say that my favourite is the blue one! It's so gorgeous!! Looks so good on you.


    Cats in the City

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh no! That's a shame about your necklace, but I guess that's life with kids. Also, your dresses are super cute! I haven't been to a K-Mart here in a looong time, I don't even know what they sell anymore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame your Kmart isn't more like ours!

      Delete
  31. Here there is no second hand stores, only in Lisbon the capital!!
    I also love dresses with long sleeves. You look amazing with those maxi dresses!!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love the blue and brown together - great color combo!

    District of Chic

    ReplyDelete
  33. Dear Mica, congratulations you sold your house! Although I can imagine that you have mixed feelings as this was the house you bought 10 years ago with your husband. Love both of the floral dresses and I understand why you hare happy you finally bought the first dress. The long sleeves are perfect!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Both of these floral dress are beautiful! I really love the color of the teal one and you can't beat that price. And congrats on selling your house! I hope you have a great week Mica x

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  35. You look so pretty in your dresses and the handbag. You look all set for spring!
    thanks for the lovely visit to my blog and your sweet comment on the baby blanket I crocheted. Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi MIca, I love long dresses and these floral dresses are so amazing. Blue and brown is a vry beautifl color combo.
    kisses
    Chris
    Inventando com a Mamãe / Instagram  / Facebook / Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
  37. Both of them looking very cute<3 Regards:**

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow. 10 years is such a long time, and your old house must have indeed been hard to let go of. As always, Mica, your outfit are popping!

    amakamedia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we have been married a decade, crazy to think about!

      Delete
  39. That red dress looks absolutely gorgeous on you! Also, congratulations on selling your house! Change is always so hard, but hopefully the new house will work out better for your family :)

    Jill
    https://jilliancecilia.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It certainly will, we built it just for us! :)

      Delete
  40. Love the blue dress, it's gorgeous :))) Amazing. I hope you have a wonderful new week :) x

    ReplyDelete
  41. both dresses are gorgeous, but my favorite is the blue one x

    Laura
    https://pinkfrenzymissl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  42. Congratulations on selling your house! I hope you love your new place just as much and have many wonderful memories there.

    I also love your outfits! Both dresses are so pretty.

    Ekaterina | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We do love the house we built, very much! :)

      Delete
  43. Thank you all for your comments and congratulations on the sale of our old house :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Two great looking options Mica - I like how on the turquoise dress you did a matchy matchy bag and earrings.

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...