Monday 21 January 2019

Wrap Dresses For The Office With Balenciaga Bags | Weekday Wear Linkup

A wrap dress is such a classic piece and it's an office staple for me. When I'm not sure what to wear, a printed wrap dress solves that problem really easily! (Plus, scroll down for the Weekday Wear link up!)

What I wore:

jeanswest floral black white wrap dress for office with purple balenciaga work bag summer style | awayfromblue

Balenciaga raisin purple 2009 giant silver G21 hardware work bag | awayfromtheblue

awayfromblue Instagram | jeanswest floral black white wrap dress with purple Balenciaga work bag
EarringsA Little Bit of North blue mandala earrings (giveaway prize, close up photo)
Necklace: custom Cooper charm by Silhoupette
DressJeanswest floral wrap dress (with Cotton On 'eternity' tank in charcoal marle underneath)
ShoesWalnut Melbourne Ava White leopard ballet flats
Bracelets: the usual plus Roie Designs black leather Swarovski beaded wrap bracelet
BagBalenciaga raisin purple 2009 giant silver G21 hardware work bag

Why I wore it:

This wrap dress is an old classic and I refuse to let it go - it predates me even meeting my husband and we've been together almost 13 years. Of course, as I mentioned on Instagram, things are a little different now after breastfeeding two babies compared to my pre-kids uni days, so I like to add a singlet underneath for a little extra coverage!

I've worn this purple Balenciaga work bag and this floral printed wrap dress together before, I really like the combination. First time I've tired the leopard print flats with this dress though. I wouldn't normally try florals and leopard together, but I thought the black and white in both prints made these shoes an easy choice. I liked the combo.


Last worn: floral print wrap dress, statement earrings, grey tank, silhoupette necklace, leopard print flats, Balenciaga work bag.

Other ways to wearfloral print wrap dress and trench coat, grey tank and pink vest, leopard print flats and jeans, Balenciaga work bag and layered outfit.

Perfect for pregnancyfloral print wrap dress in second trimester, grey tank in third trimester.


My Complete Balenciaga Collection:







What I wore:

Atmos&Here Betsy jersey tulip hem wrap dress in watercolour print with Balenciaga tempete day bag | away from blue

printed wrap dress with Balenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete | away from the blue

Awayfromtheblue Instagram | Atmos&Here Betsy jersey wrap dress in watercolour print summer office outfit with Balenciaga bag
Earrings: Kmart blue fringe crescent statement earrings
NecklaceSilhoupette gold plated Shih Tzu necklace
DressAtmos&Here Betsy jersey wrap dress in watercolour print
ShoesMarc by Marc Jacobs silver tuxedo flats
Bracelets: the usual plus Edenborough Evans 'Ivy' silver cuff
BagBalenciaga giant hardware Day bag in 2009 tempete

Why I wore it:

Unlike the first outfit, this tempete Balenciaga day bag and watercolour printed wrap dress have not been worn together often before. I really like the combination of the shades of blue together. For another shade of blue, I added in my navy tassel earrings, they are always a fun addition to a work outfit. I can't wear them at home around the boys as they can be a little grabby and I'd rather have my earlobes intact while they are still learning what gentle means! I continued the gold accessories matching the necklace to the earrings, even though the hardware on the bag was silver. I feel they are far enough apart that it worked.

I kept things simple with the shoes too. These silver flats go with everything, and have been frequently worn with the wrap dress in the past.


Last worn: tassel earrings, gold silhoupette necklace, watercolour wrap dress, silver bow flats, Balenciaga tempete day bag.

Other ways to wearwatercolour wrap dress in winter, silver bow flats and skinny jeans, Balenciaga tempete day bag and maxi dress.

Perfect for pregnancywatercolour wrap dress in third trimester, silver bow flats in third trimester, Balenciaga tempete day bag in second trimester.


Wrap Dresses Under $50:





How You Can Wear It:

A wrap dress is a classic style that never goes out of date. A true wraparound and not a faux one is a great option to have in your wardrobe for years as it easily adjusts to body changes over time just by tying it a little tighter or looser as needed. It makes such an easy office outfit, just pull on and go.




Weekday Wear Linkup #03


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!




Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails




Linking up with Modest Monday, On Mondays We Link Up, Start the Week Stylish, PinkSole, Trend Spin, Turning Heads, Confident Twosday, Style Sessions, Red Carpet Fashion, Style On The Daily, Oh Hey Girl, Weekly Link Up, Fabulous Friday.


Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : Google Plus : LikeToKnow.It 

90 comments:

  1. I've rediscovered my love for wrap dresses. Only after clearing them out last year. I have a black Missguided one that I've had for a few years now and refuse to let it go. Even though the slightest of breezes leaves me very indecent! Must find a way to fix that hahahaha! I love your floral wrap dress. Hold onto that baby. It' not often you find a piece that you reach for time and time again.

    Sxx
    daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the floral wrap dress is definitely a keeper! Hope you can find a way to fix yours! Maybe a longer slip underneath? I prefer ones that wrap right around underneath then it doesn't matter if the top flap flies open, you're still covered with the wrap under it, haha!

      Delete
  2. I love the look of wrap dresses but I do not own one. I am not a very huge fan of the deeper neckline and even with a cami underneath, I seem to not like it. Perhaps I haven't found the right one yet?? I love both outfits Mica. They are both beautiful dresses! I also like that rainbow key chain. Very cute!

    Maureen | www.littlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps you just haven't found the right one :)

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love both wrap dresses! I think it's one of the most flattering pieces for a woman. Love the contrast of the purple bag with with black wrap dress. Thanks for the link up!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and thanks for joining the link up!

      Delete
  4. More than 13 years? That is impressive, the quality must be amazing. Was it expensive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all! It's from Jeanswest, which is a high-street store. Although I don't remember the exact price!

      Delete
  5. Loved the wrap dress in watercolour print, I loved the rainbow keychain hanging on the bag...
    www.stylebasket.in
    Instagram:- stylebasket24

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both of these, especially the first one! I can see why it's stayed in your closet for 13 years. And the colors of the Balenciagas go so well!
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Theses dresses look stunning on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always loved a good wrap dress. SO cute!
    ~Samantha
    http://goldcoastgirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a black and white wrap dress like this that I've had for ages too. I just can't get rid of it because it's perfect for so many things.
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a classic! Thanks for linking up!

      Delete
  10. Hi Mica! I really like the lines of the second dress with the longer hem and tulip bottom, it looks so nice on you! I like that you mixed the blues as it's something I have fun with, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim :) And thanks for linking up :)

      Delete
  11. You wear the wrap dresses so well - they're super flattering! I love this style of dress too, and even more than that, I love seeing warm-weather outfits on your blog while it's so cold over here in the UK haha. Have a fantastic week!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wrap dresses are indeed a very chic and versatile option for the office. Totally impressed that you've had that first dress for so long. It's such a timeless design and it must be quite well made to have held up for so long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes a wrap dress is definitely a classic design, and this dress is a firm favourite!

      Delete
  13. Wrap dresses are always a good choice I say, they are feminine but look professional. I love both of the wrap dresses you wore and the Balenciaga bags you wore with them. The second outfit especially appeals to me. I like the midi length of that wrap dress, that's not a common style for wrap dresses. The print of the dress is also lovely and it goes well with that bag.

    Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look stunning in these wrap dresses, Mica, and loved your makeup in first picture. Happy new week, dear. xx

    Nina's Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. For me it is totally the same! When I don't know what to wear I decide to wear a wrap dress! Your wrap dresses are both beautiful and I'm impressed how long you already own the first dress! The idea to match it with the leo flats was a very good one!
    xx Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rena! It has lasted quite a while in my wardrobe!

      Delete
  16. Both of your wrap dresses are so gorgeous! Your handbags match them perfectly as well. :) Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love these wrap dresses and those gorgeous bags!

    www.jessicabroyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely as always, Mica:) These dresses suit you. Your post just reminded me of this wrap dress I loved that also predated meeting my husband but for some reason, I can't find it! I might have donated it when I was doing my KonMari which kinda depresses me now.:P Anyhoo, hope you're having a great day:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, I hope you can find it and you didn't declutter it! This dress has survived a few declutterings!

      Delete
  19. That second dress is very beautiful! What a lovely color combination! And I adore wrap dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your bag and yours dresses... Have a beautiful week!
    https://chicchedimamma.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOAH that IS a long time. Hmm not sure I have anything in my wardrobe that long, I might. But yes a classic wrap dress is perfect for the office, and out of the office as well. You really can't gor wrong and it worked DVF hahaha.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I have anything that's been in my wardrobe longer, it's definitely an oldie!

      Delete
  22. I love wearing a wrap dress, and have several of them. They are indeed a go-to item of clothing when in doubt. I too wear a cami underneath them, or I pin it with a brooch to avoid too much of a look-in ;-) I'm impressed by the fact that you've had that first dress for 13 years. The second dress is my favourite. Such a fabulous print! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A brooch is a good idea! :) I tend to just default to a cami :) Thank you!

      Delete
  23. That purple bag is stunning! and i bet it fits so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Mica! You look gorgeous in both these outfits. A wrap dress is definitely the ultimate item for summer and it looks great for the office as well as outside it!!

    The Hidden Thimble

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yes Mica, you are so correct about this kind of dress. It’s very comfortable and classic as you mentioned that this dress is over 13 years old! It looks just as fashionable now as it did then. I love your Balenciaga bag and the leopard flats.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Elle
    https://theellediaries.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elle, it's definitely a classic! Thanks for linking up :)

      Delete
  26. These are both such pretty dresses, Mica! I love the snow leopard flats paired with the first dress. It's a great combo and the purple bag is fabulous! The style and print of the second outfit is so pretty too! The bag really complements it. Hope your week is off to a great start, Mica! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha, and thanks for linking up!

      Delete
  27. You have some amazing and beautiful wrap dresses! I really like the second one.

    I hope you had an amazing start to your week.

    The Style Intermission

    ReplyDelete
  28. You look great in both dresses

    http://www.henatayeb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. You always rock a wrap style dress! It's so nice to have those classic items in your closet that you can always turn to! I really like all the shades of blue together in your second outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Both of those dresses are so cute! I love them with the bags too
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  31. the wrap dress looks so pretty on you, it matches perfectly with the bag.
    anw have a nice day ^^

    torichux3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love an easy and comfy wrap dress - such a great go-to item.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  33. You're right that a wrap dress is a great option that will work over many years and various physical changes. The wrap dress you've had for 13 years is a truly special piece and looks wonderful on you. It's classic and beautiful.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  34. Both dresses are super cute Mica you look fab hun. Wishing you a wonderful week a head.

    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  35. such a nice bag- I like so much the dresss in the outfit number 2 dear xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Wrap dresses are so classic and so easy to wear! I love the print and midi-length of the second dress!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh wow, that's a lot of Balenciagas, you have all the colours. It's good you keep them in good condition. Hope you have a nice midweek with not so much heat unlike what we have now in Sydney.

    www.busyandfab.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yes I do love the colourful Balenciaga bags! they make so many great colours, it's hard not to buy a few!

      Delete
  38. Your bags are simply the best...and the added rainbow fun?? I love it. I know I say I love your bags in every post...I can't help myself, as they are the first thing I notice. Then on to the next...the wrap dress is cute on you and those leopard flats are such a great feature as well! :) As soon as I get my outfit post done, I'll be linking. yay for new link ups!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do love my handbags, they are such a fun accessory!

      Delete
  39. Wrap dresses are seriously the best! Loving these on you with your colored bags.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  40. I haven't worn a wrap dress in years. Those tassel earring are so cute. I also can't wear crazy fun earring at home.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wrap dresses are always in fashion I think! Thank you for linking up :)

      Delete
  41. You have the best bags! Love the Balenciagas!
    Cheryl Shops | www.cherylshops.net

    ReplyDelete
  42. I'm loving both of these wrap dresses! You look really good in them :)

    Chynna | http://chynnawebley.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  43. wrap dresses (and tops!!) are truly my favorite style of dress! They are soooo flattering on all body types! Love all the fun prints you've found as well.

    Hope your week is off to a fabulous start!
    xo, allie
    www.champagne-tuesdays.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a good reminder to me to get my wrap tops out again for another wear, haha! :)

      Delete
  44. Both wrap dresses are really beautiful! I started wearing wrap style dresses last year and I love how flattering they are. And that's so cool that you've had the first one for almost 13 years! It's a great wardrobe staple to have. I hope you're having a wonderful week so far!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is a great wardrobe staple!

      Delete
  45. I really like wrap dresses and these are gorgeous! Love the first outfit and it's amazing that this dress is 13 years old, the quality must be great.

    Have a wonderful day!

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
  46. You look absolutely lovely in both dresses, particularly that first one, Mica. I love being able to layer different camis under them for both modesty and to change up the look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's a fun way to change up the look! :)

      Delete
  47. My favorite kind of bag! I always called them hobo bags, haha... great post! <3 - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, well the blue one is a hobo bag! :)

      Delete
  48. I wish wrap dresses looked good on me, but they never do! You wear them perfectly! Loving the dark plum color of that bag too. It's so rich and luxurious .

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  49. So cute lady!! Wrap dresses are the best so I seriously understand why you've held onto this for so long. Some of my favorite pieces in my wardrobe are definitely things I've had for years. And I love the floral and leopard combo.

    www.livelaughlinda.com

    ReplyDelete
  50. Mica, you wear those wrap dresses beautifully. The perfect dress for our hot Summer. Your wonderful bags are the perfect compliment. Many thanks for inviting me to join your link up.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I love a good wrap dress and these are fabulous! I really like the colors and prints. The bit of aqua and tulip hemline of the second dress really draw the eye! Thanks so much for inviting me to your new linkup, Mica. I will be certain to add it to my weekly rotation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennie! And thank you for linking up!

      Delete
  52. A wrap dress is definitely a classic. They never go out of style and a good one can last years!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  53. I adore wrap dresses. They are so feminine and flattering. Yours is beautiful. Perfect dress for any occasion. Thank you for sharing with My Red Carpet.

    Anna
    www.glamadventure.com

    ReplyDelete
  54. How cute is that rainbow keyring? I love the way you style your Balenciaga's, Mica! They're great bags, and look amazing with your dresses!
    Raindrops of Sapphire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lorna! It's such a fun charm, I'm lucky my friend gave it to me!

      Delete
  55. I love wrap dresses too. They flatter most body shapes. You look perfect in your wrap dresses.

    Xo,
    www.stylemefancy.com

    ReplyDelete
  56. I love wrap dresses! Such an easy way to look put together! You look fabulous!

    Thanks for the link up!

    Andrea
    Andrea’s Wellness Notes

    ReplyDelete
  57. Both looks cute on you dear, especially the first one.
    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  58. Your balenciaga bag collection is so good. I love the purple one!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  59. I love the color of your bag in the second outfit! It's so pretty and unique, and definitely goes well with the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  60. You look so cute in a wrap dress! That is one style of dress I never really went in for--and I have no idea why!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a try! It's a timeless classic I reckon!

      Delete
  61. Thanks! And thanks for joining the linkup! :)

    ReplyDelete
  62. Thank you all for your lovely comments - and to everyone who linked up :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...