Monday 23 December 2019

Two Ways To Wear A Black Pencil Skirt: Weekday Wear Linkup

For today's Weekday Wear Linkup I'm sharing two different ways to wear a black pencil skirt - for the office and for mum life.

This linkup post will be up a little longer than normal as I won't have my usual post on Wednesday as it will be Christmas day. I'll be back posting as usual on the 27th December with some boxing day sales.

What I wore:

metallic tank statement necklace tweed blazer black pencil skirt in the office with purple bag way to wear | awayfromblue

office outfit with Balenciaga raisin purple 2009 giant silver G21 hardware work bag | away from the blue

awayfromblue Instagram | summer office outfit with metallic tank and boucle blazer purple balenciaga work bag
Jacket: Jeanswest Dixie collarless jacket
Necklace: thrifted Equip turquoise cream multi strand bead necklace
Tank: Jeanswest Maji metallic tank in soft green and silver
Skirt: Jeanswest zip detail ponte pencil skirt
ShoesWalnut Melbourne Ava white leopard ballet flats
BagBalenciaga raisin purple 2009 giant silver G21 hardware work bag

Why I wore it:

I was a little annoyed with this outfit! I love the metallic tank for a subtle bit of shimmer and the tweed blazer dresses it up nicely and covers my shoulders for the office. The beaded statement necklace was a bit of matchy-matchy with the silver, white and turquoise beads. It got broken and hastily repaired out at dinner one night so it's now a strictly worn without the kids piece. But it went and broke on me while I was in a meeting. A virtual meeting at my desk thankfully but I was still a bit frustrated!

Even with the turquoise in the necklace I thought this outfit needed a little more colour so went with the purple Balenciaga work bag, and added even more interest with the leopard print flats. I did really like this outfit until the necklace annoyed me!


Last worn: tweed blazer, turquoise beaded necklace, metallic tank, black pencil skirt, leopard print flats, Balenciaga purple work bag.

Other ways to weartweed blazer and printed tank, metallic tank worn two ways, black pencil skirt in winter, leopard print flats and skater dress, Balenciaga purple work bag worn 30 ways.

Perfect for pregnancytweed blazer in second trimester, black pencil skirt in second trimester.



Balenciaga vs Rebecca Minkoff Bags:







What I wore:

pencil skirt for night out outfit with navy printed kimono little red rebecca minkoff micro avery tote bag | away from blue

navy kimono with Rebecca Minkoff red micro Avery cross body bag | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue | navy printed kimono for night out over metallic tank black pencil skirt red micro avery tote bag
JacketNew Look Petite print kimono
Necklace: Kmart blue multi-colour beaded necklace
TankJeanswest Maji metallic tank in soft green and silver (on sale!)
SkirtJeanswest zip detail ponte pencil skirt
Shoes:  Wittner 'Jasmarie' studded sandals
BagRebecca Minkoff red micro Avery cross body bag

Why I wore it:

Rushed out of the office early to get home and changed before heading out with family for an important event. Decided to keep the outfit base the same, with the same metallic tank and black pencil skirt, but swapped the ballet flats for these studded sandals, and the blazer for a more casual kimono. It's not the first time I've worn this kimono with a pencil skirt, I enjoyed it last time I wore that combination too.

Swapped the accessories out for a more kid-friendly necklace, and a cute little red bag to add some extra colour to my outfit.

Simple and quick outfit for a night out with family, followed by dinner at our place before putting two very tired kids to bed very late!


Last worn: navy printed kimono, blue beaded necklace, metallic silver tank (above), black pencil skirt (above), studded sandals, Rebecca Minkoff micro Avery tote.

Other ways to wearnavy printed kimono and skinny jeans, metallic silver tank and maxi skirt, black pencil skirt over a dress, studded sandals and shorts, Rebecca Minkoff micro Avery tote and teal dress.

Perfect for pregnancynavy printed kimono at 39 weeks, black pencil skirt in first trimester, studded sandals in third trimester.



Black Pencil Skirts Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

A pencil skirt is a wardrobe staple, and it's easy to layer it up with a blazer to fit a formal work environment. You can dress it down by changing the outerwear again - pick something more casual like a kimono for an easy outfit that's suitable for a hot summer night.



Weekday Wear Linkup #50


Welcome to the Weekday Wear linkup! A linkup for you to share your weekday outfits - whether that is office wear or stay at home mum wear - if you wore it on a weekday, you can link it up!

Guidelines:
1. Please link to a specific outfit post, not your blog homepage.
2. Link back to this post so others can find the link up.
3. Follow your host Away From The Blue on BloglovinInstagramTwitterFacebook or YouTube.
4. Add up to two posts and be sure to visit and comment on as many other posts as possible to get some weekday outfit inspiration!
Optional: tweet the post you linked up with the hashtag #weekdayWearLinkUp so I can retweet!



Subscribe for The Weekday Wear Linkup reminder emails






Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

61 comments:

  1. I love a black pencil skirt! So versatile and always in style. The deep purple colour of your Balenciaga bag is also super pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love wearing pencil skirts in the summer.

    I would like to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pencil skirt and kimono look awesome, Mica.

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is definitely a great piece that can be styled many different ways! I really love the versatility. Also, your necklace choices are perfection. They look absolutely stunning.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. A black pencil skirt is a must-have! Both of these outfits are so pretty! Merry Christmas!

    Jill - Doused in Pink

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can't go wrong with a classic black skirt! Really loving the pops of color from your bags!

    www.rdsobsessions.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think a black pencil skirt really is a staple for the office, and I am sorry to hear about your necklace - were you able to fix it again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was, hopefully it holds up this time or I'm going to have to just turn it into a bag of beads to donate back!

      Delete
  8. I love those sandals in the 2nd outfit! I have started a list of skirts I want to get in the new year and one of them is a black pencil pull on skirt. So versatile!
    www.chezmireilefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have two, they are such staples, definitely a good piece to buy!

      Delete
  9. You look wonderful lovely...I hope you have a fantastic Christmas time x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it so nice when you can just swap out a couple pieces and have a completely new look?! Perfect way to go from work to fun
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like you basic skirt! ;)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pencil skirts are such a fantastic fail safe option for the office as well as an evening out and both outfits look great! Wishing you and your family a happy and lovely Christmas Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving that tweed blazer! Sorry that your necklace broke during a meeting! That's always frustrating when your outfit falls apart in some way when you're not home and can't fix it! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and see you back on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes hopefully the fix holds this time!

      Delete
  14. How fabulous is that purple bag - love the pop of color <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  15. Definitely a must-have piece! I love your elegant style!
    Happy Christmas week!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how basic a black pencil skirt is. It provides the best foundation for certain outfits to be made! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    https://sundaydahlias.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love a great pencil skirt and you styled yours amazing! Great style you have, dear!
    Happy Holidays!
    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.whatwouldvwear.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice choice !  Looks awesome!  

    ReplyDelete
  19. A black pencil skirt is really a staple!
    I love both your outfits, dear!
    Merry Xmas to you and your lovely family!
    XO
    S
    https://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your black pencil skirt is a classic, and can be easily dressed up or down, as you are so cleverly showing us here. I love the playfulness of the second outfit with the addition of the kimono and cute red bag! Wishing you and your family a most wonderful Christmas, Mica! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was simple to change it up for a more casual look by changing the bag and topper :)

      Delete
  21. I know I've said this before, but I really do love how you combine colours in your outfits:) Lovely as always, Mica. I love those studded sandals. And sorry about the necklace:(
    Wishing you a lovely Christmas:) XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emmy - that makes me smile as I've been trying to be more adventurous with colour lately! :)

      Delete
  22. I have a black skirt "issue" - I have about 20 of them! They go with everything, and there are so many different ones out there. You're demonstrating so well how versatile a basic pencil can be.

    A very Merry Christmas to you, dear Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So stylish outfits, I love your bags!
    Merry Christmas and happy New year!
    http://www.recklessdiary.ru

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love how you took the pencil skirt from office wear to a more casual day look! It looks great with both the tweed jacket and the kimono. I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's so annoying when your jewelry breaks. That's happened to me lately. Especially when I travel with pieces. I need to find a better way so they stay in one piece.
    Love the looks Mica,
    XOOX
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I'm hoping it doesn't break again, such a shame as it's so pretty!

      Delete
  26. Merry Christmas! I hope you have an amazing one with family. I will be working tomorrow :(.


    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm sorry your necklace broke! That's so frustrating! It does look very nice with your outfit so I hope you were able to repair it! Merry Christmas to you! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was, hopefully the repair holds this time! :)

      Delete
  28. I'm so sorry to hear about the necklace situation! You look elegant in both outfits. I love the collarless jacket style you wore as it made you look dressy and in the second outfit with the more casual cardi, I love the laidback chic look of it! And...your cute dog is super adorable, hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  29. A black pencil skirt is such a staple, thank you for sharing! Merry Christmas Mica, hope you have a great one xx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful looks! Merry Christmas friend!!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  31. You're wearing the heck out of that skirt. I love both looks. Happy holidays darling.

    https://www.fashionablyidu.com/2019/12/cozying-up-in-sweater-dress-and-pom-pom.html

    ReplyDelete
  32. That black skirt is a classic wardrobe staple Mica! I do love how you add color to your looks and that purple Balenciaga bag is perfection. I am sorry to hear about your necklace but I can see why it was a frustrating situation. Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

    Maureen | www.litlemisscasual.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I've been trying to be more colourful lately! :)

      Delete
  33. Nice outfits. The outfit you were a little annoyed with looks good.
    Compliments of the season.
    New post : https://www.melodyjacob.com/2019/12/my-experience-with-max-air-is-domestic.html

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love that necklace and that's just too bad it came apart on you! I wonder if that's why it was in a thrift shop :/ That's a beautiful tank top and I love that jacket in the first set. I also love how you transitioned it into a "going out" look for evening. That Rebecca Minkoff bag is definitely one of my favorites. I hope you had a beautiful Christmas and that life slows down a bit for you now (I know I always look forward to it and then I'm equally glad it's over). And thanks so much for the linkup!

    Ruth
    https://voguefauxreal.com/2019/12/22

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to wonder if that's hwy it was donated! If it falls apart again I'll take all the string out and donate it back as a bag of beads!

      Delete
  35. These are both lovely outfits. I really like the first with the top, skirt and the shimmer blazer. It's a shame necklace gave you troubles, but it is a really elegant styling. The leopard flats and the purple bag are both great touches of colour. The second outfit is very cute as well. The blue kimono is bad and I really like the soft green tank top paired with a dark skirt. You look great.

    Merry Christmas and all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  36. You look absolutely beautiful in these photos, the look suits you so well! And the backdrops are super pretty x

    Happy holidays! :)

    Amy x Wandering Everywhere

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh so cute the first bag darling
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Ohh black skirts are ideal. I love that they're great for work and play. So chic!

    www.fashionradi.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. Nice post dear! So cool!
    Have a great day, merry christmas and a happy new year! xx

    La ilusión de Nina - https://lailusiondenina.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  40. Beautiful!!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family! ♥

    https://www.heyimwiththeband.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  41. Black pencil skirts are so versatile and I love the length of the one you've styled here! I hope you're having a wonderful festive holiday :)

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh, you are genius how you styled with the same basics 2 that different looks! I like both of the looks but I'm so sorry what happend with the necklace of your first look. Hopefully you will be able finally to repair it.
    Merry Christmas and a happy 2020!
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  43. Ugh, I'm sorry to hear about the necklace! What a pain! It is very pretty, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pretty, but if it falls apart again I'll need to get rid of it :(

      Delete
  44. You can never go wrong with a black pencil skirt in my opinion! Great looks.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thanks all for your kind comments and for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...