Friday 6 December 2019

Floral Duster Kimonos and Grey Tees

If you've read my blog for a while you'll know I love kimonos! I like using accessories in my outfit for a little extra touch of colour. Scarves are great in winter, as are necklaces and bags, but in spring and summer I frequently reach for my kimonos. There's something so comfortable about long duster length ones like these floral ones - taking a simple shorts and tee or jeans and tee outfit and making it feel more dressed up!

What I wore:

monochrome grey tee and jeans outfit with Jeanswest Delilah Long Line Kimono in Green Floral sahm style | awayfromblue

Rebecca Minkoff emerald green mini 5-zip rocker bag with floral duster | awayfromtheblue

awayfromtheblue Instgram | Jeanswest Delilah Long Line Kimono in Green Floral duster with monochrome jeans and tee outfit
JacketJeanswest Delilah Long Line Kimono in Green Floral
Necklace: Uniquely Made with Love Sea Change necklace
Tee: Spectrum basic v-neck tee in grey marl
JeansNobody Denim Siren skinny super high-rise jeans in power black denim (c/o)
Shoesblack slim Havaianas thongs
BagRebecca Minkoff emerald green mini 5-zip rocker bag (get 20% off with code "REAL")

Why I wore it:

The monochromatic grey tee and black skinny jeans outfit was a bit plain, even with the wooden bead necklace. This floral duster kimono added the perfect touch of colour and print and is so comfortable! Of course I couldn't resist going a little matchy-matchy and pairing the green Rebecca Minkoff mini 5-zip bag with this too, even if it does blend into the kimono a bit! They are both such nice shades of green.

Wore this for a morning of furniture shopping which turned into lunch at Ikea, taking advantage of the "kids eat free" deal they had on. Just a nice simple outfit for the challenge that is spending half the day furniture shopping with two little boys!


Last worn: green floral kimono, blue beaded necklace, grey v-neck tee, black skinny jeans, Havaianas, Rebecca Minkoff mini 5-zip bag.

Other ways to weargreen floral kimono and skater dress, grey v-neck tee in the office, black skinny jeans and band tee, Rebecca Minkoff mini 5-zip bag and olive jeans.

Perfect for pregnancygrey v-neck tee in second trimester.


The Perfect Bag for Every Occasion Tag:







What I wore:

black floral duster kimono with pink shorts, grey tee and Louis Vuitton neverfull damier tote | away from blue

black floral duster kimono with Louis Vuitton MM damier azur neverfull | away from the blue

awayfromblue Instagram | black floral duster kimono with grey tee shorts louis vuitton neverfull tote
Hat: Big W bow detail sunhat
Jacket: Target Karolina summer kimono in purple black floral
Necklace: thrifted cream and navy statement flat bead necklace
TeeJeanswest 'Lucy' colour block tee in grey marle/rosebud
Shorts: thrifted pastel pink cotton shorts
ShoesNovo Tawny rose gold sandals
BagLouis Vuitton MM damier azur neverfull

Why I wore it:

A much less stressful day! We took advantage of the summer-like weather and headed to the local park with my family for a picnic. The heat made me reach for a simple shorts and tee outfit, but I did want to dress it up a little for the picnic so I added this awesome floral duster. It was a Christmas gift from my mum last year and it's a firm favourite!

I thought the purple floral went nicely with the pastel pink shorts too, I like pink and purple together and I've worn a similar outfit before. The tee has a pink panel on the back too, so the sheer kimono showed a little of that pink as well.

Had to wear my big floppy sunhat for sun protection, even though we spent most of the day in the shade at the picnic table. I appreciated the hat while running around with the boys in the playground afterwards!

We had a big bag for the picnic blanket and food but I brought my Louis Vuitton neverfull tote bag along as well so I had extra space to carry everything - sunscreen and water bottles. This is a great go-anywhere tote, and my go-to for picnics!


Last worn: sunhat, statement necklace, floral kimono, grey colour block tee, pink shorts, rose gold sandals, Louis Vuitton neverfull.

Other ways to wear: sunhat and maxi dress, floral kimono and denim shorts, grey colour block tee and navy kimono, pink shorts and printed tank, rose gold sandals and maxi skirt, Louis Vuitton neverfull worn 30 ways.

Perfect for pregnancysunhat in third trimester, grey colour block tee in second trimester, Louis Vuitton neverfull in third trimester.



Duster Kimonos Under $50:




How You Can Wear It:

A grey tee is a mum staple, especially when paired with shorts or jeans. To change up your outfit a little even on a hot day you can add some extra interest through a colourful printed duster kimono. Such a comfortable choice in the heat too!


Linking up with Mutton Style, Stylish Monday.



Follow Away From the Blue on:
Bloglovin
Twitter : Instagram Youtube : Facebook : LikeToKnow.It 

63 comments:

  1. I like this green colour. I love your LV bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really do have a wonderful collection of kimonos, Mica! I'm really into green at the moment, so I particularly like your first outfit! The kimono and bag are fabulous! Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Mica! It's going to be a hot one!! :) XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sasha! I've been loving green lately too! :)

      Delete
  3. I love to wear kimonos and you're always so chic!
    Kisses, Paola.

    Expressyourself

    ReplyDelete
  4. On you look great in hats! I think I've only seen you wear a hat one other time (a more formal event if I recall?) so it's fun to see you style one with a casual look. And I always love the green color of that kimono. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I just have this one sunhat - a necessity if I'm out in the sun all day! :)

      Delete
  5. You always make me wish I had more kimonos! I still just have the one, haha
    https://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. You couldnt order that purse to match that kimono any better!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grey T-shirts can be lifesavers when it comes to layering, right?! I particularly love this heather grey shade; you wear it well Mica :) Hope you have a fabulous weekend!

    aglassofice.com x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look so great in cool colours for sure:) I love the purple and pink together.You've just inspired me to try out this colour combo:) And I'm so envious that you guys are entering summer right now!
    Have an awesome weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could inspire you to give it a try! :)

      Delete
  9. That neverfull goes with everything! I'm finally switching mine out for a darker bag for winter. The green bag is gorgeous with the kimono! It really helps the kimono stand out more. Hope you had a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear mine year-round but it does get worn more in the warmer weather! :)

      Delete
  10. Such great looks! Loving your kimonos with the pretty prints!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, gray tees are great so versatile. And I like how your main the part of your outfit was based on neutrals and then you added pops of color with the kimonos.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have such a fabulous collection of kimonos and the way you wear them really shows off how stylish they can be as well as their versatility! Happy weekend Mica!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love kimonos, I feel like they always add something to an otherwise simple outfit. Grey is such a versatile colour too x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are both lovely looks and the kimonos add just the right touch to each outfit. I'm glad you had a nice picnic. I hope you have a wonderful weekend ahead.

    Kathrin | Polar Bear Style

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are the queen of kimonos! You always use them so thoughtfully to add colour and pattern to a look. I love these so so much! Have a fabulous weekend.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these kimonos and the vibrant colors! That fringe bag is so cute too. Perfect finishing touch. Hope you have a great weekend!

    Shauna

    www.lipglossandlace.net

    ReplyDelete
  17. You sure do have an awesome Kimono collection. Have an awesome weekend. I will be working the whole weekend.

    http://www.amysfashionblog.com/blog-home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it wasn't too busy working on the weekend!

      Delete
  18. I love a great kimono too. I need to get a couple of more colors to go with more. For some reason I have 3 blue ones..haha.
    XOXO
    Jodie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't want to count how many blue ones I have, haha! A few....

      Delete
  19. Estás espectacular ! Todo divino! Feliz fin de semana! ☃️☃️☃️

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is such a summer piece! And we hardly see kimono's here in Europe! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love these longer-length kimonos, they're so pretty! I love how your green bag matches the first one perfectly, and I also love the pink shorts with the second one. I hope you had fun on your picnic! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You always style your kimonos so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is such a gorgeous piece on you, you look wonderful in this floral Kimono Mica. Green is a colour which suits you beautifully.

    Have a blessed weekend xoxo
    www.shehearts.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I've really been embracing green lately! :)

      Delete
  24. I'm absolutely loving your first outfit with the green duster-length kimono. The beads are gorgeous as well. Hope you're enjoying a lovely summer weekend! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I always really love your outfits with kimonos! They are a great way to add a print to a simple outfit, and I really love the color of the green one. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    x Kara | http://karascloset.net

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oooh! I always love how you match your bags with your outfit's vibes overall. You do a better job at me at this by far, hehe. I love your kimonos! My favorite one is the second - I am more about the dark floral colors when I can! Oooh, your neverfull goes great with it too! I need one for myself, hehe ;).

    Nancy ♥ exquisitely.me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I love having fun mixing up which bag I'm wearing each day! :)

      Delete
  27. I love kimonos too and for the same reason - they add something extra to a simple outfit. Love, love, love the second outfit with shorts and a hat! Looking fab my friend!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
  28. I always LOVE your handbags! You have the best taste hehe I hope you are going okay xxx

    findyourownhope.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Definitely my love green is your shade <3 Have a nice weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your sun hat! I need to get me one of those! And you look stunning in green, as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A must have with our sun here - you need the extra protection in summer!

      Delete
  31. Love the both outfits, but first is my favorite! The combination of green kimono and bag is absolutely perfect!

    Have a wonderful day!:)

    jointyicroissanty

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love this colourful duster, and grey is one of my favourite colours to wear! Great post Mica, hope you had a wonderful weekend xx

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  33. Such cute outfits, these are giving me boho vibes! Ahhh I wish we could go back to days of outfits like these and not wearing heavy coats all the time :D it's been so rainy and dark here! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it won't be long before it warms up for you! :)

      Delete
  34. I love your bags! You have such a great collection
    http://www.recklessdiary.ru

    ReplyDelete
  35. These kimonos are gorgeous! Such a perfect staple for the summer weather you are starting to experience!

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Okay, I am officially in love with your bead necklaces. As you know, I blog about African influences in fashion, beauty and lifestyle so I love how these sort of statement necklaces enhance the entire look. They almost look African-inspired too! - www.jamilakyari.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love statement necklaces like these!

      Delete
  37. I absolutely LOVE your handbags! I'm a huge handbag lover myself, so I love seeing all of your pretty bags!

    ReplyDelete
  38. gorgeous kimono and bag Love the video too xoxo Cris
    http://photosbycris.blogspot.com/2019/12/ghostmoon-bags-out-of-this-planet.html

    ReplyDelete
  39. You have such pretty dusters hun!


    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. The 2nd outfit is definitely my fave, so cute and breezy

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. You look so pretty in your outfits Mica and of course I love the handbags!
    Thanks for the visit to my blog and your sweet comment. I hope you have a wonderful week.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  42. My BFF gave me my first kimono. I have been in love ever since. Green is my fave color and your green kimono is screaming my name. What a darling look. Love the green with the grey!!

    I used to do a writing activity with my students about 'what's in teacher's purse?' I would take things out of my purse one at a time and the kids would sketch them and then predict what I used the item for. Of course, I always added some extra interesting stuff to my bag the night before. Fun to see what others carry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a fun idea for your students! I find it interesting seeing what people carry around in their bags :)

      Delete
  43. Thanks all for your kind comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Your feedback on my outfits and any constructive criticism is welcomed. I appreciate the time you take to leave a kind comment. Make sure to tick 'Notify me' if you've asked a question so you get an email response :)

Feel free to leave a link to your blog so I can check it out. "Follow me" or "follow for follow" comment spam will not be published.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...